Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
The fact that we give white people such a platform to dictate whether our art is worthy when so much of it speaks directly to us is disturbing.

It's not that I'm saying white people can't review black music. I'm saying the position of influence, power and cloud they are given by the masses while doing it is cringeworthy.
it's white people speaking to white people & girls.

In other words it's white people talking to buyers instead of bootleggers.
It is what it is.
Most of the people I know that bought this album are white.
The black people I spoke to about the album almost all focused more on the beats and featurings.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

It is what it is.
The black people I spoke to about the album almost all focused more on the beats and featurings.

Most of the people in my circle are black and purchased. Can't relate :manny:

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

It is what it is.

Most of the people in my circle are black and purchased. Can't relate :manny:

Y'all don't know anybody that bought this album, stop lying.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Question

Why are all these reviewers shytting on Down? That hook is one of the most inventive and creative i’ve heard. shyt is groovy
Because they don't get what he's trying to do
With the slaves jumping down the water and living with sea creatures, to johnlyvah forever and Alan, all these songs takes horrible things and spins a positive fantasy about it.
Something like what he did on All Black Everything, this is nothing new of him doing.
He's basically been changing outcomes of songs like american terrorist pt 1 into fictional but positives ones.

It's not rocket science, but no these people want to be spoon fed what they want.
Basically this is the commodification of creativity.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Because they don't get what he's trying to do
With the slaves jumping down the water and living with sea creatures, to johnlyvah forever and Alan, all these songs takes horrible things and spins a positive fantasy about it.
Something like what he did on All Black Everything, this is nothing new of him doing.
He's basically been changing outcomes of songs like american terrorist pt 1 into fictional but positives ones.

It's not rocket science, but no these people want to be spoon fed what they want.
Basically this is the commodification of creativity.
come to think of it maybe this is a reflection of himself
you can survive anything if you survive blackness
remember when he was on MTV and he cried because he saw an old video of his homies that died that sway played?
them the ghosts still alive in the photos
but after living in chicago, having his boy chilly go to jail and him knowing nothing but murderers he came out being who he is now, someone spitting mostly positive music, but he still remembers the needles in the yard where he used to play catch.