Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
No Dead prez
No Pac
No Bob

Doesn’t that make you feel some type of way though ? It ain’t just Cube & PE

We'll never get that again
Why do we need that tho?

I mean it would be cool .but is that a necessity?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
No Dead prez
No Pac
No Bob

Doesn’t that make you feel some type of way though ? It ain’t just Cube & PE

We'll never get that again

Dead Prez was never “mainstream” like that

Pac was JUST the right amount of hood and ProBlack where he could skate by. A little like Nas except Pac had the bigger personality and could also act. Pac, as an entertainer, was the complete package.

When you say Bob are you referencing Bob Marley? That was a different era and different genre of music.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
What a stupid fukking question
How is it stupid nikka:stopitslime:

Besides say quality(which there is good music now)

We don't need no Pac, cube, like say we prolly did back then.

With the internet nikkas have no excuse for shyt for not knowing anything, if that's where ur going.

Great music

Alpha music.. had that real gritty energy

That’s always needed
There's good music now.

Alpha music? Idk Iwhat ur def of it is. But mean ok but u have some now. But I thought the context y'all were talking about was on having concious/Problack records?

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
How is it stupid nikka:stopitslime:

Besides say quality(which there is good music now)

We don't need no Pac, cube, like say we prolly did back then.

With the internet nikkas have no excuse for shyt for not knowing anything

There's good music now.

Alpha music? Idk Iwhat ur def of it is. But mean ok but u have some now. But I thought the context y'all were talking about was on having concious/Problack records?
As much information as these lil nikkas got. This is the most ignorant and self centered generation I've seen thus far. I do feel we need more rappers with strong voices pushing that blackness in the mainstream cause I dont believe it's enough of it. And the balance isnt there. It would still be very hard to these days tho cause people are very cynical and would nitpick and pick ur whole life apart should u not be a perfect individual while ur spreading a positive message. This fukkin "cancel" culture is toxic. Bottom line this generation and society now is garbage in a million ways.

KingCairo

Pro
Daps
As much information as these lil nikkas got. This is the most ignorant and self centered generation I've seen thus far. I do feel we need more rappers with strong voices pushing that blackness in the mainstream cause I dont believe it's enough of it. And the balance isnt there. It would still be very hard to these days tho cause people are very cynical and would nitpick and pick ur whole life apart should u not be a perfect individual while ur spreading a positive message. This fukkin "cancel" culture is toxic. Bottom line this generation and society now is garbage in a million ways.

This system as a whole is producing exactly what it's designed to produce and that's exactly why you don't have more artist outside of the typical "ignorant rap". I'm certain Lupe has made a conscious effort to be cryptic in his delivery for self preservation. You're right about the balance being lost but again that's all by design. White supremacist can not have aware critical thinkers, especially in the black community. The usual suspects are always to blame at the end of the day. New day... same tricks...

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I can't explain my views fully on this phone

All I'm gonna say is that nothing will change.

Despite what I or others say on Cole. He did release a album like KOD. Which goin by everyone's narration of what happens when we have concious rappers in the lead like him they can cause "change" or whatever.

But that shyt didn't do nothing. nikkas still doing drugs like crazy. We lost a rapper cause of a OD.

Same will happen with a "Problack rapper". Nothing Gon change

Only thing that will change is the landscape of quality. Which being concious =/= being a good rapper

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

All I'm gonna say is that nothing won't change.

Despite what I or others say on Cole. He did release a album like KOD. Which goin by everyone's narration of what happens when we have concious rappers in the lead like him they can cause "change" or whatever.

But that shyt didn't do nothing. nikkas still doing drugs like crazy. We lost a rapper cause of a OD.

Only thing that will change is the landscape of quality. Which being concious =/= being a good rapper
KOD was kind of a weird release. Dope album. But since it wasn't done by Kendrick the critics shytted on it. And as far as the public goes. Cole is not the most charismatic person out there. I dont even like to mention Pac cause dude was a damn near once in a lifetime kinda character. But these new nikkas kinda soft overall. Not radical or charismatic in the least bit. The music is very "safe".

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
KOD was kind of a weird release. Dope album. But since it wasn't done by Kendrick the critics shytted on it. And as far as the public goes. Cole is not the most charismatic person out there. I dont even like to mention Pac cause dude was a damn near once in a lifetime kinda character. But these new nikkas kinda soft overall. Not radical or charismatic in the least bit. The music is very "safe".
I'm a Pac fan like the next nikka. But let's be real

If we had Pac rn he would be killed because of whatever controversy and trouble he gets himself into

As well as that rape case if we r copying and pasting the EXACT Pac as we know and his characteristics, his ordeals and music etc to here in the present

Yeah we will have more better "concious" Problack music. But as u just said we r in a "cancel" culutre.

And a Present day Pac would probably have some change but not much I would bet.

It would be cool to have more rougher, call to action, etc Problack music like Cube and such. But I'm not betting that they Gon change much

Last edited:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

All I'm gonna say is that nothing will change.

That’s cuz a rap song ain’t gonna change our condition. Ground work on these streets are, not laying in bed with democratic politicians, not reparations. Not donating supplies for kids to shytty schools in shytty educational districts. Or following movements that don’t instill the importance of ownership and economic flow in black communities.

That’s why it was so dope to see Lupe invest in that neighborhood start fund entrepreneurship in areas like Brownsville and shyt. That’s a good start...

Not to say the music doesn’t play a pivotal role in this kinda stuff because it does, it can reach people. But reaching people is 1 thing, getting them to act on the sentiments shared in the music is another.