Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

ChiTownGuevera

All Star
Daps
Ah, oooh, ah, oooh, ahh...:noah:

Which side are you on? Am I getting warmer?:lupe:

Cause I can't hold on...are you close to me? :sadbron:

Sunset so long...can you call me? :ld:

Cuz I lost my phone...should I wait for you? :mjpls:

Or should I go home? I can't function :sadbron:

The drugs are too strong :ohlawd: I'm seeing stars now :noah:

But I'm still unknown, out here alone, sunset sooooooo longgg :mjcry:

Y'all still trying to convince the sleeping with rats and roaches bed on the floor dumbass nikka on this album.:heh:

Let him continue acting stupid:yeshrug:
nah this my first time actually seeing his post in the thread. I usually scroll past his shyt.. dude sounds irate in almost all of his posts..stopped engaging w/ that nikka since since last year...I should've known better tho:mjlol:

10:31

Superstar
Daps
So do you think it's possible to really have a successful popular problack rapper?

People like to mention kendrick and cole but in reality their music is surface level and safe

Nope!

Not in the mainstream.. some lil breh with a camera and YouTube channel might be able to finesse but as we saw last month

They can turn that off.. shut all that right down

Look at that French brother who tried to lynch some whites in his video...

Thread was posted on it earlier..

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

nah this my first time actually seeing his post in the thread. I usually scroll past his shyt.. dude sounds irate in almost all of his posts..stopped engaging w/ that nikka since since last year...I should've known better tho:mjlol:

I don't even know who the fukk you are, fakkit :russ:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Prime Cube was the only artist to go against the Jews and sustain the same level of success he came into the game with... but those times were different.

You’ll never see another Ice Cube again. The machine isn’t built to withstand that, the closest thing you’ll get is controlled/safe resistance.

Go into Lyor’s Office at YouTube with baseball bats in 2018 and see if you’ll get a release date for your next project..

Cube don’t get the respect he deserves for that. Dude literally was calling Cacs out left and right with ZERO a fukk given and was one of the titans of rap

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Y'all always overhyping Lupe shyt and complaining about Kendrick selling records yet don't even buy Lupe shyt. Y'all nerdy stans are the biggest frauds on the site.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nope!

Not in the mainstream.. some lil breh with a camera and YouTube channel might be able to finesse but as we saw last month

They can turn that off.. shut all that right down

Look at that French brother who tried to lynch some whites in his video...

Thread was posted on it earlier..

True true

Superstar
Daps
Cube don’t get the respect he deserves for that. Dude literally was calling Cacs out left and right with ZERO a fukk given and was one of the titans of rap

He was the truth

Lynch mob records

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol gay people have literally taken over the world

And the liberal agenda has made it acceptable for black people to actually embrace and condone this LBGT nonsense within their communities :ld:

And i'm sure he has no idea what lupe is talking about in that verse or song

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Breh, you a c00n. Don't no self respecting Black person gives a fukk about your opinions.
Your dumbass backs PR who r Non-Black to say "nikka" and "c00n"

And u have no proof of me being a "c00n"

Get this thru ur small head nikka, don't quote until u come with the receipts of my "c00ning"

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So do you think it's possible to really have a successful popular problack rapper?

People like to mention kendrick and cole but in reality their music is surface level and safe

Ima keep it 100

You have to be like Nas if your gonna go that route. Nas peppered every album with problack sentiments and 5% lingo until he was the NAS of today. And look what happened when he put out the ****** album. He was forced to change the name, and even though the album itself was excellent, he couldn’t 100% do what he wanted.

And this is NAS. Who had just signed a lucrative deal with Def Jam and his previous album was his most commercially successful in years. Not even he could keep his vision 100 pure.

Cole and Kendrick is the best we got. And i appreciate their efforts, really I do. I wouldn’t even call it surface level problackness. Its just not the defiant pure militancy of Cube or Public Enemy.

Superstar
Daps
Ima keep it 100

You have to be like Nas if your gonna go that route. Nas peppered every album with problack sentiments and 5% lingo until he was the NAS of today. And look what happened when he put out the ****** album. He was forced to change the name, and even though the album itself was excellent, he couldn’t 100% do what he wanted.

And this is NAS. Who had just signed a lucrative deal with Def Jam and his previous album was his most commercially successful in years. Not even he could keep his vision 100 pure.

Cole and Kendrick is the best we got. And i appreciate their efforts, really I do. I wouldn’t even call it surface level problackness. Its just not the defiant pure militancy of Cube or Public Enemy.

No Dead prez
No Pac
No Bob

Doesn’t that make you feel some type of way though ? It ain’t just Cube & PE

We'll never get that again

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Having some substance and speaking on social issues a lil =/= being Problack, ifso.

Then we might as well call tons of rappers "Problack" rappers now.

Alot of the nikkas who r given the benefit of being so(KRIT, Mensa,Cole, Badass etc) r very surface level

Let's be real and call a spade a spade the shyt is surface level.

Them nikkas r only gonna go as far as the typical "stop shooting us" "I'mma black king" shyt

Last edited: