Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Ah, oooh, ah, oooh, ahh...:noah:

Which side are you on? Am I getting warmer?:lupe:

Cause I can't hold on...are you close to me? :sadbron:

Sunset so long...can you call me? :ld:

Cuz I lost my phone...should I wait for you? :mjpls:

Or should I go home? I can't function :sadbron:

The drugs are too strong :ohlawd: I'm seeing stars now :noah:

But I'm still unknown, out here alone, sunset sooooooo longgg :mjcry:
fukking beautiful.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
nikkas crying in here :russ:

Stop ya bloodclot crying,
Lupe and this album sucks, you stans is lying.

Be surprised that some weirdo, pseudo intellectual raps go triple cardboard, brehs.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

4Eyez

Next stop is...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, New York

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He was 100% right about Obama. No US President is bigger then hegemony.

The role comes with the territory, and Lupe spoke on the innocent lives being lost because of The Obama Administration’s drone strikes in other countries.

Once again, in this climate it’s not wise to speak out against the Obama administration, even if the criticisms are legitimate.

Times have changed

A lot of our folks worship Obama and his wife.. nobody wants to be objective when they criticize him, and if they try, most people shun you or shut down immediately

Lupe basically alienated and isolated himself from his black and white liberal demographic ..

All of this took place while Atlantic started giving him static with Lasers

Think about what i just typed fellas

He spoke out against Obama during the honeymoon phase.. 2009 Obama.. Amercia’s favorite black guy Obama

That shyt wasn’t wise

So do you think it's possible to really have a successful popular problack rapper?

People like to mention kendrick and cole but in reality their music is surface level and safe

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
dead end hip hop had the best review, its because it was actually reviewed by black folks :russ::russ:

This is true! Listening to the review i really wanted to dive in and explain a lot to them lol

fukk Mr Bump In the Whip lol "this felt like i was working on my masters degree"

But i think all of them are college graduates and Mike has his masters in english which i understand how he really fukked with Drogas WAVE and during their Tetsuo review he eas raving about how Tetsuo was probably his fav release by Lupe and that year

ChiTownGuevera

All Star
Daps
WAV Files is something fukking special...gonna be going through the rest of this over the next few days....

Been stuck on the first 8 or so tracks unpacking everything. I missed this Lupe.

If it keeps it up it'll be AOTY in my opinion :manny:

breh I luv everything about Wav Files. shyt gives me goosebumps especially that third verse:mjcry: Swear I haven't felt like this about a hiphop record since I came across this back in my high school days. :wow:

Personally this album is definitely up there with Madvillany, Aquemini and Illmatic as a flawless masterpiece:hubie:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is true! Listening to the review i really wanted to dive in and explain a lot to them lol

fukk Mr Bump In the Whip lol "this felt like i was working on my masters degree"

But i think all of them are college graduates and Mike has his masters in english which i understand how he really fukked with Drogas WAVE and during their Tetsuo review he eas raving about how Tetsuo was probably his fav release by Lupe and that year
Feefo's critique wasn't wrong/bad. That's why the way they do reviews is dope af, because they ALL shared the same sentiment that Feefo had, they all cited the length of the album being a slight negative, they all said this is a heavy project to dig into... I like how buddy with the dreads was like if people really reviewed this in 2 days then hats off to them cause he needs MORE time to really get all into it. That's the same thing I said.

But at the end of the day... they all fukked with the project heavy. Feefo just put it in more of an audio/art experience realm than just a disposable album that you would just play in the background while you're doing other shyt. A lot of folks felt the same way about TPAB... yeah it's a great concept and music, but are you going to play it in it's entirety much?

One thing that would probably eradicate the length of the album being a problem for them and folks in general is understanding that it's a double album. And playing each on their own when you feel like it. It was clear, that they didn't know that going in. So with that being the case and with Lupe hopping online and giving more context for everything, I'm sure they fukk with this shyt even MORE.

I know I didn't know this when I first listened to the album, so much like they said, the experience was "WAVY" and up and down per se. But now that I know where the albums start and end, it makes digesting everything easier.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
White people are so fukking annoying lol....example #4,587,922,781

This cac bytching about it "lacking focus" and not being "cohesive".

Us embracing cacs reviewing our art is one of the most annoying things...

Anyways everything Myke C Town had an appropriate level of appreciation for the album and nobody had anything bad to say except complaints about length, so that Deadendhiphop review is on point.

Another review...