Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Dboy41

All Star
Daps
That Joe Budden podcast irritated the shyt out of me. I understand they like to joke a lot about things, but when Rory was about to give a little deep dive on the album, Joe just cut him off. Normally when this happens I don't mind it; however, Joe is a lyricist, he should promote other lyricist.

And the fact that CTG hasn't mentioned anything irritates me. CTG is on his pro Black shyt. I don't know how he feels about Lupe as an artist; however, the overall theme should attract him to mention it.

I am trying my best not to Stan Lupe, but this project is literally being overlooked by the modern day "gatekeepers" of hiphop....(even though gatekeepers don't exist anymore)

I feel like all of this reflects the era we are in. Nobody wants the story, just give us the headline.
Lupe isnt popular or hot so mentioning him, even how good the album is doesnt spark their interest.

Lupe went against the jewish powers. Jews controls the rap game. Nuff said lol.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Lupe isnt popular or hot so mentioning him, even how good the album is doesnt spark their interest.

Maybe true, but I try my best not to fall into that rabbit hole of thinking.

10:31

Superstar
Daps

A lesson to be learned

If you want in on the game, play it wisely. Lupe was way too liberal with his views, and in these times they can turn you off.

Turn you off, meaning the masses lose interest over night, and your peers won’t even promote your shyt..

I saw a brother asked about Lupe’s sales overall and breh had decent numbers before he fell out favor.

Prime Cube was the only artist to go against the Jews and sustain the same level of success he came into the game with... but those times were different.

You’ll never see another Ice Cube again. The machine isn’t built to withstand that, the closest thing you’ll get is controlled/safe resistance.

Go into Lyor’s Office at YouTube with baseball bats in 2018 and see if you’ll get a release date for your next project..

Dboy41

All Star
Daps
Maybe true, but I try my best not to fall into that rabbit hole of thinking.
Also the black community kind of wrote lupe off for his obama comments, despite lupe being 100% right about him all along.

I mean read most of his album reviews. Most of them talk about Lupe personally than the actual music.

This shyt gets real deep lol.

Superstar
Daps
Also the black community kind of wrote lupe off for his obama comments, despite lupe being 100% right about him all along.

I mean read most of his album reviews. Most of them talk about Lupe personally than the actual music.

He was 100% right about Obama. No US President is bigger then hegemony.

The role comes with the territory, and Lupe spoke on the innocent lives being lost because of The Obama Administration’s drone strikes in other countries.

Once again, in this climate it’s not wise to speak out against the Obama administration, even if the criticisms are legitimate.

Times have changed

A lot of our folks worship Obama and his wife.. nobody wants to be objective when they criticize him, and if they try, most people shun you or shut down immediately

Lupe basically alienated and isolated himself from his black and white liberal demographic ..

All of this took place while Atlantic started giving him static with Lasers

Think about what i just typed fellas

He spoke out against Obama during the honeymoon phase.. 2009 Obama.. Amercia’s favorite black guy Obama

That shyt wasn’t wise

Last edited:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps

That is the must frustrating thing about looking at these reviews. They go into the album with a unmovable bias.
I just want good art to be appreciated:mjcry:.......but maybe its just because I am a Lupe Stan, but then again I think about my checklist of what makes a good hip-hop album.
Lyrics that are not trash.....Check
Good beats/production.......Check
Good flows......Check
Enjoyable hooks.....Check
Creativity......Check

The overall concept will come with more listens, it should not be a determent but a reason to go back and listen....maybe I'm the one that's out of touch :yeshrug:

And maybe ya'll are right about the Jew/Obama thing

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
That is the must frustrating thing about looking at these reviews. They go into the album with a unmovable bias.
I just want good art to be appreciated:mjcry:.......but maybe its just because I am a Lupe Stan, but then again I think about my checklist of what makes a good hip-hop album.
Lyrics that are not trash.....Check
Good beats/production.......Check
Good flows......Check
Enjoyable hooks.....Check
Creativity......Check

The overall concept will come with more listens, it should not be a determent but a reason to go back and listen....maybe I'm the one that's out of touch :yeshrug:

And maybe ya'll are right about the Jew/Obama thing

Uh yeah..

You better drop a “ Forest Hill Drive”or a “We Gon Be Aight, or a Be Humble”

This ain’t that era no more.. ain’t no Rage against the machine

PAC and Cube or even NWA couldn’t blow in this era, the political correctness and me too movements would have them censored and turned off

Show me a true revolutionary.. rebel without a cause right now?

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The media only talks about Lupe when he says something controversial.

They have absolutely no issue posting an article about him when he implies that Kendrick is overrated, or when he says something political. It's been this way for YEARS.

He's only relevant to them when he brings fukkery/clicks, that's also why he trolls a lot, because he been peeped game.

Then you have lame ass nikkas who literally hate this nikka over shyt he's said years ago during Obama's first term as President.

That Obama is the BIGGEST Terrorist line has had grown ass nikkas acting like complete hoes ever since.

That's why whenever a Lupe Thread is made, you know damn well the usual suspects going to come in the thread and throw shade or just hate on the music because they hate this nikka like he fukked their bytch.

:russ:

Dudes literally mad af because people fukk with his music. That shyt is pathetic

Superstar
Daps
I’m just going to vent now.. this is frustrating as a fan

Part of me feels like Lupe should’ve known better. We all have a role to play in our own lives as it pertains to the system..

Sometimes I feel like brehs learn stuff or acquire knowledge they aren’t ready to use or understand, and end up feeling overwhelmed by it.

As a result, they feel so compelled, and they just run out and tell the first person they see on some “hey look what I know” shyt :snoop:

There is a way you deal with whites.. Jews.. or people in authoritative positions.. especially in these times where the internal fabric of society is becoming so rigid..

Lupe out here calling nikkas out like it’s the early 90s like they don’t control his shyt...

If PAC would’ve survived I feel like he would’ve ended up like Ice Cube.

Cube is a Muslim.. still married to his wife and raised a successful black family

All that after damn near turning hip hop upside down in the late 80s.. The media doesn’t brother him anymore because he gets what he wants out of the system

We know how the game is played, who the power players are, and what the structure and pathway to success is..

Calling it out doesn’t solve anything with the way society is built now.. that’s how you get turned off..

It’s almost like there is an algorithm that will highlight who’s going against the system and correct them in real time..

Lupe is out of here.. they got him out of here.. he’s on social media campaign right now, on some “how could yall do me like this” shyt..

he deserves his roses now, give people their roses while they’re still here.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Ah, oooh, ah, oooh, ahh...:noah:

Which side are you on? Am I getting warmer?:lupe:

Cause I can't hold on...are you close to me? :sadbron:

Sunset so long...can you call me? :ld:

Cuz I lost my phone...should I wait for you? :mjpls:

Or should I go home? I can't function :sadbron:

The drugs are too strong :ohlawd: I'm seeing stars now :noah: