Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Like I said two weeks ago, it’s legends who couldn’t handle him right now

He’s a genuine problem, he’s in a league of his own. I’ve heard nothing from any MC that makes me feel otherwise.
Legends out of their prime and focused on other things. I don't really see anyone lyrically fukkin wit Lu in the game right now tho. For sure.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Lil Wayne: Tha Carter V Album Review | Pitchfork

:francis: I thought it was a good album but apparently better than every Lupe album of the last ten years
Wayne's album was better than a lot of people expected, but it definitely drags and is full of filler.

So it's ironic that that will get better reviews yet it suffers from the exact same critiques and is clearly inferior overall

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Wayne's album was better than a lot of people expected, but it definitely drags and is full of filler.

So it's ironic that that will get better reviews yet it suffers from the exact same critiques and is clearly inferior overall
It's all hype wit Wayne. Been that way since Carter 3. Lol

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I caught the Harvey line off rip because I'm from the area. Have friends and family that live and work there. A friend of mine actually went to HS with Lu (Thornton HS). Said that they had a talent show one time and my mans got booed off stage

:deadmanny:

Now he's a GOAT

:wow:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I caught the Harvey line off rip because I'm from the area. Have friends and family that live and work there. A friend of mine actually went to HS with Lu (Thornton HS). Said that they had a talent show one time and my mans got booed off stage

:deadmanny:

Now he's a GOAT

:wow:
Them nikkas was sleepin’. Even 18 year old Lu was raw af :wow:

Song was absolutely trash tho :trash: :mjlol:

Dboy41

All Star
Daps
I didnt really like Carter V. Nothing really stuck out to me and it seemed to drag imo.

Wayne been in the game so long. I feel like he should switch it up and give us more depth.

Everyone doesnt got to be a lupe but wayne should take more of a jayz route at this point.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
I didnt really like Carter V. Nothing really stuck out to me and it seemed to drag imo.

Wayne been in the game so long. I feel like he should switch it up and give us more depth.

Everyone doesnt got to be a lupe but wayne should take more of a jayz route at this point.

Like Wop did on Mr Davis ?

Superstar
Daps
Legends out of their prime and focused on other things. I don't really see anyone lyrically fukkin wit Lu in the game right now tho. For sure.

Yeah, no disrespect to the legends. They’re out of their prime but at what point do we start saying Lu is out of his prime still delivering?

Like after 10 years you’re out of your prime

Lupe has entered that last phase of his career and he still sharp.. his pen is sharper then ever

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yeah, no disrespect to the legends. They’re out of their prime but at what point do we start saying Lu is out of his prime still delivering?

Like after 10 years you’re out of your prime

Lupe has entered that last phase of his career and he still sharp.. his pen is sharper then ever

:ehh:GREAT POINT...

WHO HAS PUT OUT AN ALBUM OF THIS CALIBER
13 YEARS AFTER THEIR 1ST ALBUM?

ITS EASY TO THINK OF LU AS NEW GENERATION
WHEN HES REALLY NOT.
:devil:
:evil:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I wish some other big artists would support Lupe

Kayne went from Lupe to lil pump :francis: no mentions from him

On Joe Budden podcast they gave it a little love but glossed over it

Where mr hip hop Peter Rosenberg always going on how he wants barss

What album this year got more bars has he mention Lupe at all?

For the culture Ebro?

I hate mumble rappers CTG giving any props to this?

How sway :lupe:
That Joe Budden podcast irritated the shyt out of me. I understand they like to joke a lot about things, but when Rory was about to give a little deep dive on the album, Joe just cut him off. Normally when this happens I don't mind it; however, Joe is a lyricist, he should promote other lyricist.

And the fact that CTG hasn't mentioned anything irritates me. CTG is on his pro Black shyt. I don't know how he feels about Lupe as an artist; however, the overall theme should attract him to mention it.

I am trying my best not to Stan Lupe, but this project is literally being overlooked by the modern day "gatekeepers" of hiphop....(even though gatekeepers don't exist anymore)

I feel like all of this reflects the era we are in. Nobody wants the story, just give us the headline.

Superstar
Daps
:ehh:GREAT POINT...

WHO HAS PUT OUT AN ALBUM OF THIS CALIBER
13 YEARS AFTER THEIR 1ST ALBUM?

ITS EASY TO THINK OF LU AS NEW GENERATION
WHEN HES REALLY NOT.
:devil:
:evil:

This is exactly what I’m saying

We’re watching a brother’s art literally go to shyt with each passing project (Kanye)

Lupe is out of his prime now. At what point do we start assessing the second half of these artists careers?

You have a lot of artists that are living off their first two or 3 projects but haven’t delivered anything transformational in the last 5-7 years...

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I give you props for continuing your hate in this thread
Can you really? It's like those schoolyard days of boys throwing rocks at girls they secretly like but don't know yet how to express that to them.

Except in this case it's another man so I'll just leave that alone :dame: