Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
Interesting to hear Lupe Say that Cripple he feels is his favorite song on the album because it's mine too :wow: shyt is a masterpiece based on a painting. Copped the album officially today :salute:

Another dynamic I stupidly didn't catch is how the album is based on the Trans-Atlantic Slave trade and how it's synonymous with Lupe and his situation at Atlantic he was dealing with. Slave to Atlantic :wow:

8.5 out of 10 is my overall rating for the album and it is definitely in the running for Hip Hop AOTY along with Daytona and KOD in my opinion.

I actually rank this as his 3rd best of his career only behind FnL and The Cool. The 3rd spot is a toss up IMO between this and T&Y but I personally prefer DROGAS Wave because it's a little more digestible for me.

GUWOPPERS

I might die a bachelor
Daps
Reppin
Sin
I wish I could be alive when Lupe finally gets his proper recognition as one of the greatest poets of the 21st century.

DEHH had a dope ass review too, good to finally see the album get the attention it deserves in a review.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Yall so naive thinking it's about the reviews, but nah these publications n media outlets really got it out for him for that anti semantic remark..it's deeper than rap. and especially him making a concept album about slavery.. doesn't sit too well with them cacs :francis:
Spot on. They're not even trying to hide it. My post from the other thread.

This is what being blackballed is. Lupe is being made an example of. If you don't follow their rules they'll end your career. The industry pretends he don't even exist. No artist or radio host will come to his defense cause they don't wanna suffer the same fate. A rappers fanbase doesnt just vanish like that in a few years. We already know they can manipulate the streaming numbers upward, so of course they can manipulate em downward as well. Open your mind. Realize what's happening here. Cause the same shyt could happen to you one day. Think for yourself and be silenced. The message is clear.

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
was lupe rapping the perspective of stack bundles on the last verse of Stack that cheese:ohmy:, if so it makes the hook on the song eerie as fukk :wow:
I was thinking that too but then he says at the end “ay stack can we stack that please” so im thinking maybe he was rapping from his younger days trying to get on since stack was living with him back in the day

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham
I was thinking that too but then he says at the end “ay stack can we stack that please” so im thinking maybe he was rapping from his younger days trying to get on since stack was living with him back in the day

yea, it was that line that brought it all together for me. the tail end of that verse was just masterful wordplay in general the way he kept on stacking/flipping the word "Stack".

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Damn Lu was almost a Latin King :ohhh: Honesty i wouldnt be surprised if he actually was but just downplays it.
Sittin Sideway freestyle from ‘05 :wow:

“Pop said he ain't want me having no part of that
Those happenings with the hats and things
Moved me out south now all my homies is Latin Kings
Teaching me spanish
, Lowrider magazines
Black and gold bandanas, tagging crowns up on the scene
That was the age, kinda how Lupe was made
Homies from Paxtown to Terror, New Era sittin sideways”

Lu was just reppin on Drogas :russ:

But I believe he had affiliation with nikkas from many different sets.