Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Lyrically reminds me of what Reggae artists write about.. This is why cacs say this shyt is "too complex" for them in the youtube comments haha.

EDIT: AND HE GOT DAMIAN ON THIS JOINT? :gladbron::gladbron::gladbron::gladbron:

Rappers need to get this man on more features. His voice is godly

Last edited:

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
My basic interpretation of the cover so far is the line at the top is the surface of the Atlantic Ocean, the manilla is supposed to look like its sinking and the shadow is the manilla's resurrection.

The manilla = the slaves = Lupe.
The shadow of the manilla = the slaves as the long chains = Lupe freed from Atlantic after being drowned by it.

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
My basic interpretation of the cover so far is the line at the top is the surface of the Atlantic Ocean, the manilla is supposed to look like its sinking and the shadow is the manilla's resurrection.

The shadow of the manilla = the slaves as the long chains = Lupe freed from Atlantic after being drowned by it.
Yeah, the cover looks like a head rising from the sea. Rising from the dark/grey into the light. The left side of the rising manila looks like a foot.

Also, in regards to Lupe saying bye to Atlantic. What do you do visually when you say "bye" to someone?

You wave.

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Gonna add slaves being moved like drugs.

Drugs as something that could drown you or used as a way to free yourself from poverty (using drugs as an escape mentally, selling drugs for money to actually escape, getting off drugs will leave you free)
This feels a lil reachy to me tbh :heh::manny:

Everywhere black folks have found themselves due to the slave trade can either drown you or you can embrace where you are and each other to rise from these places (become kingdoms).

Can't ignore that manillas look like headphones and the manilla being the music he made as part of Atlantic Records and the music he's making now as the shadow.

Last edited:

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
This shyt sounds like an actual project too. Like a project PROJECT.

Closest thing we'll get to Distant Relatives 2 I feel.

I like shyt like this and the "Easier" type of rap too :yeshrug: