Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

GUWOPPERS

I might die a bachelor
Daps
Reppin
Sin
Brehs, never in my life have I thought about an album as much as DROGAS Wave.

The hooks stay in my head all day, to the point where other music just feels generic and poorly executed. Majority of Carter V sounded like straight trash after being blessed with this album.

Did I mention I’ve probably played the first half twice as much as the second half, not cause I like it more, just because it’s taking so long to completely sink in.

I never thought I’d hear my favorite album ever and recognize it so quickly, this is wild.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Brehs, never in my life have I thought about an album as much as DROGAS Wave.

The hooks stay in my head all day, to the point where other music just feels generic and poorly executed. Majority of Carter V sounded like straight trash after being blessed with this album.

Did I mention I’ve probably played the first half twice as much as the second half, not cause I like it more, just because it’s taking so long to completely sink in.

I never thought I’d hear my favorite album ever and recognize it so quickly, this is wild.

:dwillhuh:I cant even skip tracks. It don't feel right.

Haven't felt this way about an album since 94.

ChiTownGuevera

All Star
Daps
Mmm... T&Y might still have the best hooks

Hooks on here are marvelous tho
Man Tetsuo is his most focused and complete project and still his best IMO :hubie:

The hooks here are more melodic and snd compromising which isnt a bad thing cause this album is a 9/10 for me.
man yall bugging....tetsuo & youth got some awfully corny & cringey hooks like the pizza man don't come here no more, blur my hands etc....let's not do this:comeon: and his flows on some of the songs especially blur my hands is dissapointing to say the least. :francis:only thing I found innovating on that album is that seasonal theme. and Mural

I could care less about puzzle raps tbh, but I ain't knocking it for anyone that enjoys it. Honestly that's the real reason why its considered a cult classic...

This album has no fillers even drogas bumps :pachaha:, amazing concept, every hook on here is on point, less digestible than T&Y, great jazzy productions, and last but not least Lupe really came thru with emotions. For a while I'd never thought I'd see the F&L and the Cool lupe ever again ...You can feel it on here, this album hits close to home:wow:

if I have to rate lupe's projects it will be
1a Drogas Wave
1b The Cool
3. F&L 9/10
4. T&Y 8/10

the rest I don't acknowledge it :troll:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
man yall bugging....tetsuo & youth got some awfully corny & cringey hooks like the pizza man don't come here no more, blur my hands etc....let's not do this:comeon: and his flows on some of the songs especially blur my hands is dissapointing to say the least. :francis:only thing I found innovating on that album is that seasonal theme. and Mural

I could care less about puzzle raps tbh, but I ain't knocking it for anyone that enjoys it. Honestly that's the real reason why its considered a cult classic...

This album has no fillers even drogas bumps :pachaha:, amazing concept, every hook on here is on point, less digestible than T&Y, great jazzy productions, and last but not least Lupe really came thru with emotions. For a while I'd never thought I'd see the F&L and the Cool lupe ever again ...You can feel it on here, this album hits close to home:wow:

1a Drogas Wave
1b The Cool
3. F&L 9/10
4. T&Y 8/10

Nah breh the hooks are straight fire. Deliver hook is flames and relatable as a muhfukka. :wow: Little Death might be the best hook Nikki ever blessed Lupe with. :noah:

If T&Y is try-hard corny puzzle raps to you, don’t half way shyt on it and give it an 8/10 bro. :pachaha:

Just say that shyt was trash.

ChiTownGuevera

All Star
Daps
Nah breh the hooks are straight fire. Deliver hook is flames and relatable as a muhfukka. :wow: Little Death might be the best hook Nikki ever blessed Lupe with. :noah:

If T&Y is try-hard corny puzzle raps to you, don’t half way shyt on it and give it an 8/10 bro. :pachaha:

Just say that shyt was trash.
nah don't get me wrong T&Y is still a dope project minus couple of fillers and corny hooks...thats why I rated a solid 8 but nowhere near a classic album yall make it out to be :mjlol:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I wanted the hype to die down on the coli before I gave my thoughts.

I’ve listened to this about twice a day since it’s release, driving to work, at work, driving home, smoking. I’ve probably heard 20 times already.

I knew it was gonna take multiple listens to fully grasp this album and I’ve never done this with an album so soon after a release.

But this shyt is a classic. 5 mics, 10 out of 10, whatever fukkin rating system you like. This album is absolutely perfect and it’s probably the best shyt I’ve heard in about 5-10yrs.

This man has 3 full blown classics on his hands.

The only thing I disagree with here is you said he has 3 classics. I say 4 for sure.

T&Y is mind blowing. I don't agree with the corny hooks or filler tracks stance at all that @ChiTownGuevera is referring too.

Prisoner 1 & 2 is arguably his best song, definitely up there. Mural speaks for itself, Little Death is amazing, Chopper, Adoration of Magi, Madonna, Dots & Lines, TRON....

Blur My Hands (which Lupe said he regrets putting on there) is definitely the weakest track, but not a bad record. And having gone through a bad break up at the time, No Scratches was super relatable for me. Can't co-sign this at all.

The only reason people were saying DW is Lupe's first great project since The Cool is because half the folks claiming that don't even know T&Y exist lol.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
nah don't get me wrong T&Y is still a dope project minus couple of fillers and corny hooks...thats why I rated a solid 8 but nowhere near a classic album yall make it out to be :mjlol:
Nah it isn’t a consensus classic. Lupe will only ever have 2 of those if we’re referring to the masses/impact and influence on the genre.

Probably

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

1a Drogas Wave
1b The Cool
3. F&L 9/10
4. T&Y 8/10

:beli: ok