Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
4.5 Rated Thread on thecoli.com with 5 hating ass muhfukkas with the phantom 1 star who already admitted to not even listening to the entire album

:russ:

tenor.gif

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
Yeah, this thread needs to stay sticky.... Album has too many layers to just let it drop after a week or two. I'll just make it a point to come in here and comment daily to make sure it stays afloat

Futile attempt. Stickies of doo doo albums from garbage c00n rappers will eventually knock this classic off sticky status in a few days :mjcry:

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
This nikka Lupe had me Googling Haile Selassie quotes breh :lawd:

Unless something crazy comes out in the coming months, this my album of the year... even though I really did enjoy Room 25.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mindblown:

Hold on!!! I know i'm not the only one who didnt know this was Lupe singing the hook on Sun God Sam and the California Drug Deal?!!!!

This hook and song is so freaking smooth!!!! It has become my favorite song. And someone said this album and Lu has no musicality...

Man yall just hating talking out of your ass. This cd really is contender for best hip hop cd of 2018 shyt probably the best cd since tetsuo

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Was there any truth to the rumor that Lupe submitted music to be on The Black Panther Soundtrack?
:jbhmm:

If so, my guess would be that Kingdom was the song he might of sent in to get placed on that. That could also be a reason why he dropped those tweets about the cover art with the SLR2 line

That song would fit perfectly on that BP album
:wow:

Wait what? Gotta look into this

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Nas has mentioned Lupe before. He called him a breath of fresh air.

Nas don’t go around offering praise to any and everybody. The rapper he’s shouted out the most in the past 5 years thats “new school” is J.Cole.
And thats because Cole was damn near worshipping Nas publicly for like 3 years beforehand.

Other than that Nas praises rappers within his generation (Jay, Lauryn Hill) or rappers he personally looks up to/respects (Scarface, Slick Rick, G.Rap, Killer Mike)
Except wack ass Dave East :scust:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mindblown:

Hold on!!! I know i'm not the only one who didnt know this was Lupe singing the hook on Sun God Sam and the California Drug Deal?!!!!

This hook and song is so freaking smooth!!!! It has become my favorite song. And someone said this album and Lu has no musicality...
Yeah, this is what I was getting at by calling Wave his most melodic. He always did it here and there on songs like Sunshine and Paris, Tokyo, but I think FNF falling apart forced him to more frequently take on the roles he would've simply delegated to Gemstones, Matthew Santos or Sarah Green. Matter of fact, Lupe was the one doing the American Terrorist hook until they found Matthew Santos.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, this is what I was getting at by calling Wave his most melodic. He always did it here and there on songs like Sunshine and Paris, Tokyo, but I think FNF falling apart forced him to more frequently take on the roles he would've simply delegated to Gemstones, Matthew Santos or Sarah Green. Matter of fact, Lupe was the one doing the American Terrorist hook until they found Matthew Santos.
I mentioned it earlier, but this is easily his best hooks he's ever had on an album. Easily