Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Man Tetsuo is his most focused and complete project and still his best IMO :hubie:

The hooks here are more melodic and snd compromising which isnt a bad thing cause this album is a 9/10 for me.
Hard to say, I haven’t quite ranked it yet

But no hook was wasted on T&Y. Same could be said with this but like you said, hooks on here are more accessible.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hard to say, I haven’t quite ranked it yet

But no hook was wasted on T&Y. Same could be said with this but like you said, hooks on here are more accessible.

Nothing was wasted on Tetsuo!

But like you said i do have to listen to this more also.

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
That "The Company Man" review made me like it more. Haven't really listened through headphones for many spins so I ain't really think about the concepts too much while listening to notice the obvious resurrection theme.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
I have to look at any review score that falls under an 8 for this album a lil funny.

an 8 is the floor for this type of record. I think this might be the best hooks he's ever had over the course of an entire album too, plenty of them are stuck in my head.
My thoughts exactly the hooks are top notch.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I wanted the hype to die down on the coli before I gave my thoughts.

I’ve listened to this about twice a day since it’s release, driving to work, at work, driving home, smoking. I’ve probably heard 20 times now.

I knew it was gonna take multiple listens to fully grasp this album and I’ve never done this with an album so soon after a release.

But this shyt is a classic. 5 mics, 10 out of 10, whatever fukkin rating system you like. This album is absolutely perfect and it’s probably the best shyt I’ve heard in about 5-10yrs.

This man has 3 full blown classics on his hands.

Last edited: