Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yeah, I don't fully believe that breh.

Agreed that the gawd is a pothead and is more focused on business...that's been the deal since LIG in my opinion.

But him mentioning these rappers ALL THE TIME and shouting them out on social media is wild to me brehs.
You saying he just name dropping popular artists then?
Cause chances are he ain't bumping them religiously or anything like that.

Also, there's no WAY Nas doesn't know Lupe dropped. No way. You don't think SOMEONE told him like, "Breh, Lupe got a track called King Nas"

Of course he knows he dropped. And he more than likely bumping too...but he just can't seem to mention him. It's deeper than that to me breh.

BTW, THERE'S AT LEAST TWO THREADS THAT CAN GET UN-STICKIED FOR THIS ONE.

Nas has mentioned Lupe before. He called him a breath of fresh air.

Nas don’t go around offering praise to any and everybody. The rapper he’s shouted out the most in the past 5 years thats “new school” is J.Cole.
And thats because Cole was damn near worshipping Nas publicly for like 3 years beforehand.

Other than that Nas praises rappers within his generation (Jay, Lauryn Hill) or rappers he personally looks up to/respects (Scarface, Slick Rick, G.Rap, Killer Mike)

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Yeah, this thread needs to stay sticky.... Album has too many layers to just let it drop after a week or two. I'll just make it a point to come in here and comment daily to make sure it stays afloat
8VzeRYb.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
You seriously went out your way to grab lyrics from two songs to somehow claim Nas doesn't talk only talk about the "good' life.
At this point you're just being nit picky.

It's not that serious. We all know Nas the gawd MC. It's all good. I'm not even sure what you're arguing against.

BUT, If you don't recognize the CLEAR distinction between these two say post 2010... I don't know what to tell you.

How about the fact that Lupe has dropped more than DOUBLE the amount of material since then?
MOST of it geared towards the "greater plight/condition/minstate/or set of circumstances" in mind?

Here’s my issue.

It’s disingenuous and flat out WRONG to say that Nas’s musical focus is on “Blunts, Thots,” and other trivial shyt when the music that we have from him, albeit admittedly in smaller quantity over the past 6 years, says otherwise. Its actually an insult to his writing and his perspective.

I have no problem saying that Lupe’s musical focus is MORE geared toward the, lets say “Diaspora Conscious” lane conceptually. But by NO means can we with a straight face say that Nas hasn’t infused those same elements in every single one of his albums from Illmatic to present day.

But its also why you can’t DIRECTLY compare Lupe and Nas as artists. Both are tremendous lyricists but Lupe has completely embraced the abstract “lyrical myrical” form of rap whereas Nas chooses to dibble and dabble in that when he sees fit but mostly keeps his bars more “down to earth”.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Here’s my issue.

It’s disingenuous and flat out WRONG to say that Nas’s musical focus is on “Blunts, Thots,” and other trivial shyt when the music that we have from him, albeit admittedly in smaller quantity over the past 6 years, says otherwise. Its actually an insult to his writing and his perspective.

I have no problem saying that Lupe’s musical focus is MORE geared toward the, lets say “Diaspora Conscious” lane conceptually. But by NO means can we with a straight face say that Nas hasn’t infused those same elements in every single one of his albums from Illmatic to present day.

But its also why you can’t DIRECTLY compare Lupe and Nas as artists. Both are tremendous lyricists but Lupe has completely embraced the abstract “lyrical myrical” form of rap whereas Nas chooses to dibble and dabble in that when he sees fit but mostly keeps his bars more “down to earth”.

full

ChiTownGuevera

All Star
Daps
Swear love this album been bumping this since the leak :wow:Lupe really came thru with the hooks, always felt his hooks been cringey n corny since the cool album. This is way way better than that emotionless rubix cube T&Y, only stans deemed that album a classic:dead:. Yall know why it's even getting great receptions from casuals. cuz he actually put his heart n soul into this album like he did with F&L and The Cool...thats the key ingredient thats been missing from Lupe's music since the Cool. This is the Lupe the hiphop world fell in love with..

fukk top 5...my top 10

Sun God Samn- best lupe hook of all time
WAVE Files- this gonna be lupe's OPUS, timeless:banderas:
Cripple- classic
Hailey Selassie- this song really grew on me
King Nas
Quotations from fred- the smoothest beat lupe has ever rapped on
Manilla
Mural Jr
Imagine
Stronger

HM: down, alan, jonylah forever, kingdom, timbuck 2 day.
Honestly could care less for those tribute records even tho their both great records and flows perfectly well with the album. Just goes to show you how special this album really is.

Lupe really dropped a classic! It's up there with The Cool :damn:

Even first time ever copping a merch from a rapper:gucci:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Swear love this album been bumping this since the leak :wow:Lupe really came thru with the hooks, always felt his hooks been cringey n corny since the cool album. This is way way better than that emotionless rubix cube T&Y, only stans deemed that album a classic:dead:. Yall know why it's even getting great receptions from casuals. cuz he actually put his heart n soul into this album like he did with F&L and The Cool...thats the key ingredient thats been missing from Lupe's music since the Cool. This is the Lupe the hiphop world fell in love with..

fukk top 5...my top 10

Sun God Samn- best lupe hook of all time
WAVE Files- this gonna be lupe's OPUS, timeless:banderas:
Cripple- classic
Hailey Selassie- this song really grew on me
King Nas
Quotations from fred- the smoothest beat lupe has ever rapped on
Manilla
Mural Jr
Imagine
Stronger

HM: down, alan, jonylah forever, kingdom, timbuck 2 day.
Honestly could care less for those tribute records even tho their both great records and flows perfectly well with the album. Just goes to show you how special this album really is.

Lupe really dropped a classic! It's up there with The Cool :damn:

Even first time ever copping a merch from a rapper:gucci:

It's like a much more mature version of The Cool

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
exactly that's how I feel about it

nikkas was waiting 11 years for Stack that Cheese :wow:

I drove my sister to the airport this morning and we played most of the album for the hour to get there... and she put two and two together, Hip Hop Saved My Life :ohhh: