Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Logic and Cypress Hill deserve a stick for a week sure no issues there

But y’all had Scorpion up there like two months and not like this thread isn’t getting posts

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I mean, I get that. He's a hot rapper from the current generation.

But Cypress Hill? They're legends but they haven't made an album worth listening to in 20 years. Thread is empty as fukk on top of that

But what can you do :hubie:
I’ll give Cypress Hill their due respect cuz at least they have classics to their name

Can’t say the same for Jermaine Aubrey Lamar tho :francis:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah this thread is still poppin enough to warrant another week IMO

Logic and Cypress deserve their sticky too but I doubt those threads will pop 7 days from now

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Y’all know why the thread was unstickied and y’all know which mod took it down

Last edited:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
G O A T

Always said he is the thinking man's Jay-z

Sat with the album for 2 days, give this shyt an A, would be an A+ but theres like 2 beats that I dont really love.

4Eyez

Next stop is...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, New York
I cant wait for the 9nth of next month
Gonna see him perform for the first time at Chicago's house of blues.

Catching him for the first time at Sony Hall on the 7th! Only thing is...I land from my Desert excursion out in Arizona that afternoon. More than likely gon feel EXHAUSTED...but I couldn't give up what could potentially be the last time I'd catch the young GOAT in NYC.

Hard to explain why, but I feel like this is the BEST time to catch him. Its not the prime of his career, but I feel like he's really peaking right now. It's after all the controversy in his career...now he's really in his own world. Doing what the fukk he wants. Lu has ALWAYS been on some advanced next ish, but he's genuinely so much more than just a rapper brehs. Not only he really has hood stripes, a black belt, swordsman, etc, but he's always THAT dude to touch on sensitive topics...

There was a time when I think most people would have looked at Nas for this kinda material....but Esco ain't really about that life anymore, sadly. Nas is my favorite rapper ever btw...but its a little sad to think about how he's still very much all about blunts, henny, and thots....meanwhile, Lupe is SO MUCH MORE ADVANCED than that ish and is STILL dropping AOTY worthy material, filled with bars, themes, concepts, etc.

My top 5 in no order: Manilla, WAV Files, Down, Stack that Cheese, Timbuck 2? Alan Forever is up there. Haile, Cripple, King Nas, etc.

Btw, STICKY THIS THREAD AGAIN PLEASE. WTF.

Last edited:

4Eyez

Next stop is...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, New York
Btw brehs, my friends and I have a joke among us about Lupe and Nas....so I wanna ask everyone here...

Why is that Nas pretends like Lupe doesn't exist? And yes, I know he name dropped him once or twice in interviews before, but hear me out.

Nas shouts out everyone and their mothers albums all the time. People ask him who he checking out in interviews, he pretty much name drops EVERYONE. Same day Cole drops he shouting it out on IG/twttier, same for Kendrick, The Weeknd, Drake, his mass appeal peoples, hell even freaking French Montana...but, he ALWAYS avoids the gawd Wasalu.

Personally, I think its cause Nas knows Wasalu is one of his GREATEST competitors. It's like the greatest compliment. Lupe is SO authentic/positive...Nas don't really want that kinda smoke. Also, he knows Lupe coming for his NECK if they got on a track together.

If I'm allowed to say this, I'm so proud Lupe dropped this project. Ppl were real skeptical (me being one of them), and rightly so, after Lasers & Drogas Light, but Lupe OUTDID himself brehs. He said he would, and he really did it. Ppl saying fukk reviews...and I get that...but he's human brehs. I'm sure it hurts/bothers him that these industry cacs and sheeple of the masses can't give him a fair shake. Make no mistake about it, if Kendrick dropped this, the masses would have gobbled this up.

Hoping to meet the gawd after the show. Hoping i really get the chance to ask him this myself to see what he says lol