Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Top 5 songs from the album?
Album so fire you can have 3 sets of top 5 songs :wow:

Wav Files
Sun God Sam & The California Drug Deals
Haile Selassie
Stronger
Gold vs The Right Things to Do

Or

Kingdom
Jonylah Forever
Quotations from Chairman Fred
Manilla
Imagine

Or

Cripple
King Nas
Happy Timbuck2 Day
Mural Jr
Alan Forever

Take your pick :banderas:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’ll listen to that. Any other good songs. I liked mural jr but I haven’t listened to in its entirety. I need to be in a mood for lupe
I’m a big Lupe fan. Happy timbuck2 day and wav file are the only songs I’m gonna add to a playlist.

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
I’ll listen to that. Any other good songs. I liked mural jr but I haven’t listened to in its entirety. I need to be in a mood for lupe

Lol don't bother if it's that much of a chore to you. Take it or leave it breh.

Forcing yourself to listen to an album
:martin:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Between c00npe and CAC Miller I've never seen so much fake adoration for complete nobodies.
full

64 pages deep too. :picard::dead:

You gotta love industry plants, their PR team really knows how to work tha system.:heh:

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Top 5 songs from the album?

Looking at my play counts on Google Play...I guess these are my 5 favorites

WAV Files
Gold Vs The Right Thing to Do
Alan Forever
Quotations From Chairman Fred
Mural Jr

But that's a tough question. I think this only counts my plays on my work computer and the counts are different on my phone. I have Google Play Music on 3 devices.

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
first and foremost Lupe is light years ahead of compitition. I'll give him that/ it'd be hard to even give him a suitable handicap to rhyme with his peers he's so far ahead

With that being said/ my gripe among many has been his beat selection/ he's on point with this one

The problem with lupe/ I can liken to body builders/ you have those that over do it to where it's not even practical for them to function in society they can't even move so they do their little shows make money then it's back in gym its these type intricate rappers albums good for 1spin but has no repeat value and the artist is back secluded in a lab or studio this about life experience not just intricately describing it. That can come across in your music. I won't even get into all the slave rubbish readerrict how many Hispanics rap about illegally crossing border/ just making it on a boat/ jew-rake with that Holocaust rap if you just got out of prison and had a friend constantly reminding you you where locked up how'd you view that person. Lastly we didn't come over on no waves no slave ships we where all ready here been here will be here. They intermingled slaves from Africa and the islands/ not to mention you had white slaves here as well. And stole our land rights spirituality and culture.

I get you but how many nikkas out here rapping about the same shyt? Hip hop still getting knocked for the same shyt it's been getting knocked for-- for decades except more white people (a record amount) are accepting the genre at face value. Because yay black people and fukk racism right, its 2018! (This is a topic for another time). I won't be one of them dudes though because there's actually some really good shyt out right now if you know where to look. But I think Lu isn't the particular problem but more what he stands for, and how he raps about this shyt in an intellectual and artistic way... that makes it hard for people to take it in on a wider level. In an industry that is all about numbers and asking artist to Dumb It Down in order to meet those numbers, this guy kept his integrity and dignity, and that deserves at least some respect. He isn't willing to play ball like Kendrick, and we all know some of the best works out there in hip hop aren't mainstream... its always been that way.

Also there are a shyt ton of Jewish celebs that have had the Holocaust referenced in their work or material regularly... and as for Hispanics, well, their plight was a bit different. They are also not a race, but an ethnicity, and while the black community is still quite divided... the Latino/Hispanic community is nowhere near as united. And are incredibly nationalist which is why they aren't as vocal as blacks are on some things. Like people hounding the fukk outta Marvel/Disney for Black Panther to happen which took 10yrs... where these Latinos asking for more representation? They just don't seem to be vocal on the same things or are on a different wavelength all together.

As for the slave things, Lu actually touches on this. He talks about how Africans were the ones selling other Africans into slavery. How the entire thing was bartering in the first place, and how they weren't exactly living in peace on that continent before all the colonization took place. He talks about how everywhere had slaves, and that a lot of the foundations of the world's major civilizations/societies were built by the hands of slaves. He didn't really go into this on the album but on an IG live he did he's well aware of all this, but I think he stripped it down to fit his battle with Atlantic. The album does make it come off some things but I feel it might've been for creative purposes.

I feel what you're saying though for the most part. I don't think Lupe will ever blow up again, but that's ok, I just hope he keeps putting stuff out because after this (and giving up on this dude after listening to Lasers) I think I'll always be willing to give his shyt a listen.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
fukk the haters this album the perfect chill and smoke by the pool album that makes you think