Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
Is mural jr low key dedicated to that kid junior from the Bronx who got killed?

He said something like ‘so now the paintings plural but this is juniors mural’

Could be reaching but that’s the first thing I thought

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I love Lupe, not super in love with this album YET.

I can tell this is going to be a slow burn, I really really really like a select few songs but people talking about the production and how much better it is on this than his other projects, I don't really see it.

I can easily see how this might not hit people right away, if at all.

For me with Lupe's music a lot of times, I can't really just listen to the whole album. That one song grabs me and I wear it the fukk out til another one does and when I either form an attachment with the other tracks or just don't like em, then I let it play through to see how it all comes together. That's my process on this one right now.

Jonylah/Alan forever :mjcry:
What’s your favorite songs on here? I feel the same way

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta
I like Lupe but as I stated I don’t think he’s the artist he was when he first dropped. And secondly it’s a real stretch to call this album a Kendrick-caliber record. But as I always say “different strokes for different folks”. I also find it really interesting that the critic reviews have been lukewarm too.

Also at your message, that question should be asked to people who have been giving me a hard time (for months) in other threads where they constantly shyt on the albums I like. It can’t even go one way and be one-sided. If people can dish, they should be able to take.

I don't frequent the booth like that. I just remember you in The Carters, KSG and maybe the Nas album threads where I took a liking to your tastes somewhat, especially the Carters since I really didn't expect to like that album anywhere near as much as I did. So I really can't say I've seen nikkas trolling you. Hip Hop in general gets more trash to me as the days progress outside of a few artists. Again, if you don't like the album, cool, but let us enjoy this. You might look for things more superficially than some of us do. Cool. Do you, but ain't no need to keep spreading hate for something you don't fukk with.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

I love The Cool. It's the album that made me live music again.

Song for song it ain't touching this tho lol.

This album has better production, better hooks, the storyline is arguably even stronger, and he's rapping at an even higher level.

What more could you ask for? This is Superman after maximum sun absorption lol.

It's not disrespecting the cool or t&y, it's just highlighting how incredible this album is.

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
I don't frequent the booth like that. I just remember you in The Carters, KSG and maybe the Nas album threads where I took a liking to your tastes somewhat, especially the Carters since I really didn't expect to like that album anywhere near as much as I did. So I really can't say I've seen nikkas trolling you. Hip Hop in general gets more trash to me as the days progress outside of a few artists. Again, if you don't like the album, cool, but let us enjoy this. You might look for things more superficially than some of us do. Cool. Do you, but ain't no need to keep spreading hate for something you don't fukk with.

Breh this has nothing to do with your quote but your avatar has me second guessing Lu pulling that cover art brehs. It's beautiful. The one we got is dope to but...

:lupe::lupe::lupe:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is mural jr low key dedicated to that kid junior from the Bronx who got killed?

He said something like ‘so now the paintings plural but this is juniors mural’

Could be reaching but that’s the first thing I thought
Mural Jr.'s been done for at least 3 years, so that wasn't the original intent. Part of it is the producer has Jr. in his name and I'm thinking MLK, since he was the final inspiration for the closing statements on Quotations. On Mural Jr., he's still conflicted between releasing God's wrath at Armageddon and spreading the love MLK spoke of, but he's doing his best.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Food and liquor And the cool will always be lupes best albums

Nothing will come close to them

Skip2

All Star
Daps
I like Lupe but as I stated I don’t think he’s the artist he was when he first dropped. And secondly it’s a real stretch to call this album a Kendrick-caliber record. But as I always say “different strokes for different folks”. I also find it really interesting that the critic reviews have been lukewarm too.

Also at your message, that question should be asked to people who have been giving me a hard time (for months) in other threads where they constantly shyt on the albums I like. It can’t even go one way and be one-sided. If people can dish, they should be able to take.
Two lukewarm reviews. The rest have been great.
Examples https://djbooth.net/features/2018-09-21-lupe-fiasco-drogas-wave-album-review

Lupe Fiasco Leaves Drama Behind For Ambitious 'Drogas Wave'

fukk reviews though. They don't mean anything.

Btw, Drogas Wave is rated higher than Room 25 and Damm on RYM.
:mjlit:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Timbuck is the best song on the album. No debating. Sounds like a song that can be on the cool.
His flows and delivery was impeccable on this track. Catchy hook and at that point of the album I'm like nothing is going to top King Nas. Crazy track

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Waiting to cop the physical but how do you think the album will be split up on a double disc?