Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Finally listened. I like it, but I feel like the concept limited what he could do. I like Mural type joints with the crazy wordplay and all that. This is really good, but I don't see myself playing it a lot. A concept album this serious isn't going to have an "entertaining" tone. The production had definite highs and lows.

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Finally listened. I like it, but I feel like the concept limited what he could do. I like Mural type joints with the crazy wordplay and all that. This is really good, but I don't see myself playing it a lot. A concept album this serious isn't going to have an "entertaining" tone. The production had definite highs and lows.
:camby:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
That actually means you need to listen to it without the concept in mind

Songs like King Nas, Cripple, happy timbuck2 day... didn’t need anything to do with the concept to be dope

But your choice

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
He really only kept with that concept for the first 9 songs.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Top 5 for me are:
Wav files
Jonyah forever
Alan forever
Stack that cheese
Drogas/king nas

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Not exactly. You could say he skipped a few generations and continued on with likening the first part with his experiences with Atlantic
thats how I see it

it went from say "his ancestors" and he linked it back to him and his family. As well as applying this to black people in general with the first part being slavery era to modern day.

its like a audio family saga story.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
That actually means you need to listen to it without the concept in mind

Songs like King Nas, Cripple, happy timbuck2 day... didn’t need anything to do with the concept to be dope

But your choice

He really only kept with that concept for the first 9 songs.

I fukk with it, just didn't blow me away. It may grow on me. Never said it was wack or anything.

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta
I’m talking about the slaveship/waves/water concept.

I know, I'd say just look at it as a two-hour movie with a 45 minute back story... Or liken it to us getting Kingdom Hearts 2 with the 3 hr tutorial (minus the dumbfoundedness the majority of us felt since we didn't play those stupid handheld spinoffs).