Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I don't frequent the booth like that. I just remember you in The Carters, KSG and maybe the Nas album threads where I took a liking to your tastes somewhat, especially the Carters since I really didn't expect to like that album anywhere near as much as I did. So I really can't say I've seen nikkas trolling you. Hip Hop in general gets more trash to me as the days progress outside of a few artists. Again, if you don't like the album, cool, but let us enjoy this. You might look for things more superficially than some of us do. Cool. Do you, but ain't no need to keep spreading hate for something you don't fukk with.
I didn’t even like KTSE, but since most people were “ehh” about that, it was ok to say. Just because one disagrees with the majority doesn’t mean it’s hate. But whatever.

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Two lukewarm reviews. The rest have been great.
Examples https://djbooth.net/features/2018-09-21-lupe-fiasco-drogas-wave-album-review

Lupe Fiasco Leaves Drama Behind For Ambitious 'Drogas Wave'

fukk reviews though. They don't mean anything.

Btw, Drogas Wave is rated higher than Room 25 and Damm on RYM.
:mjlit:
Room 25 has a 93% on Metacritic and DAMN. has a 95% last time I checked. I was looking for Drogas Wave and did not see it. Based on what I’ve viewed from Drogas Wave so far, it’s not being reviewed as well as the two former.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
CRIPPLE:boss: is special:wow:

...to make Fools of the Schools and pool Buellers:krs:

That jazzy Hip-Hop production, tho:ohlawd:

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
Room 25 has a 93% on Metacritic and DAMN. has a 95% last time I checked. I was looking for Drogas Wave and did not see it. Based on what I’ve viewed from Drogas Wave so far, it’s not being reviewed as well as the two former.

Drogas Wave probably won't be getting reviews till tomorrow if I had to guess.

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
I think Haile Selassie got the catchiest hook on the album, plus that beat sounds like a trap song and can go kinda hard.

There's so much variety here in first 9 songs but somehow they gel pretty well.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Quotations From Chairman Fred is really nice :wow:
breh, that song is beautiful
mjcry.gif

this nikka Lupe finally managed to grab my attention after all these years I been stiff arming his music :wow:

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Timbuck is the best song on the album. No debating. Sounds like a song that can be on the cool.
I’ll listen to that. Any other good songs. I liked mural jr but I haven’t listened to in its entirety. I need to be in a mood for lupe

N711oir

All Star
Daps
:salute: first and foremost Lupe is light years ahead of compitition. I'll give him that/ it'd be hard to even give him a suitable handicap to rhyme with his peers he's so far ahead:lupe:

With that being said/ my gripe among many has been his beat selection/ he's on point with this one:youngsabo:

The problem with lupe/ I can liken to body builders/ you have those that over do it to where it's not even practical for them to function in society:rudy: they can't even move:heh: so they do their little shows make money then it's back in gym:whoa:its these type intricate rappers albums good for 1spin but has no repeat value and the artist is back secluded in a lab or studio:scusthov: this about life experience not just intricately describing it. That can come across in your music. I won't even get into all the slave rubbish readerrict :scusthov: how many Hispanics rap about illegally crossing border/ just making it on a boat/ jew-rake with that Holocaust rap:leon: if you just got out of prison and had a friend constantly reminding you you where locked up how'd you view that person:scusthov:. Lastly we didn't come over on no waves no slave ships we where all ready here been here will be here. They intermingled slaves from Africa and the islands/ not to mention you had white slaves here as well. And stole our land rights spirituality and culture.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:salute: first and foremost Lupe is light years ahead of compitition. I'll give him that/ it'd be hard to even give him a suitable handicap to rhyme with his peers he's so far ahead:lupe:

With that being said/ my gripe among many has been his beat selection/ he's on point with this one:youngsabo:

The problem with lupe/ I can liken to body builders/ you have those that over do it to where it's not even practical for them to function in society:rudy: they can't even move:heh: so they do their little shows make money then it's back in gym:whoa:its these type intricate rappers albums good for 1spin but has no repeat value and the artist is back secluded in a lab or studio:scusthov: this about life experience not just intricately describing it. That can come across in your music. I won't even get into all the slave rubbish readerrict :scusthov: how many Hispanics rap about illegally crossing border/ just making it on a boat/ jew-rake with that Holocaust rap:leon: if you just got out of prison and had a friend constantly reminding you you where locked up how'd you view that person:scusthov:. Lastly we didn't come over on no waves no slave ships we where all ready here been here will be here. They intermingled slaves from Africa and the islands/ not to mention you had white slaves here as well. And stole our land rights spirituality and culture.
:dwillhuh: