Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Brehs WAV Files is him calling out the ocean for being complicit in carrying the slave ships across sea, and calling out the forest for being complicit in being used to make the slave ships and then he's calling out the stars for guiding the ships across the seas

:ohhh:

And it's called WAV Files cause it's like all this information and history is stored in the files of the waves in the ocean and wave files are also the vocals when recording anything

Triple..quadruple...octuple entendre don't ask me how brehs...

:lupe::lupe::lupe:
giphy.gif

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I fukk with Kendrick huge but he is extremely overrated it’s not his fault but his music isn’t new

Suga Free been doing what Kendrick does with voices and flows for years he just rapped about pimping

I just don't see how anyone can call someone overrated that has been as consistently great as Kendrick. The man produces dope ass music...TIME AFTER TIME. That has very little to do with the "machine". That same machine put in work for MANY artists over the years that have put out lackluster music. He's just a High Level MC and artist and you guys don't do Lupe any favors by trying to discredit him as a MC and his music.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Post proof Waldo of said "c00ning" u accusing me off.

Infact u want to do a Ban bet on this shyt? Seeing as ur so confident on me being a c00n

I ain't engaging in no deals wit ya ol tapdancing, bootlicking ass, Sambo Cadillac.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I just don't see how anyone can call someone overrated that has been as consistently great as Kendrick. The man produces dope ass music...TIME AFTER TIME. That has very little to do with the "machine". That same machine put in work for MANY artists over the years that have put out lackluster music. He's just a High Level MC and artist and you guys don't do Lupe any favors by trying to discredit him as a MC and his music.

damn won a pulitzer prize I mean come on it’s a great album but they made it seem like it was legit a new chapter in the Bible

Again this isn’t Kendrick fault as an artist but it’s crazy how he is viewed by the media

There is no way you can tell me HTPAB is light years ahead of Drogas Waves

But look at the reviews coming in that album was a bit of a clutter mess as well that didn’t exactly fit the “concept” but it got some of the greatest reviews ever for a hip hop album

I think it’s the highest rated album on media critic

This album is just as much a complex triumph in hip hop but it’s getting tossed to the aside

Cuz it’s too dense

Point is one artist is obviously being seen in a better light regardless of the actual talent by the media

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
EXACT type of response I expected. That or some ol nerdy "you don't understand because you need to go to Harvard" shyt. Ya'll nikkas corny as fukk.

It's not that at all, this is what you are telling me.

Lupe has plenty of songs that aren't too dense at all, but are deep if you look into it.

Kebdrick could never do something like Mural.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Can we change the topic away from vs comparison.

Anyways, so far there seems to have only been XXL and DX who reviewed it

There still a few more others to wait for for those of u who care.

I could care less about these review publications. And never had prior to this project.