Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I love Kendrick, but he's honestly bigger than most emcees right now because of how much white people love him, lets not front.

Most Kendrick concerts are like 80% white people.

These 2 sentences would be accurate if you replaced Kendrick with like 95% of the big artists in Hip Hop history.

And let's not act like Black dudes be bumping Lupe. Never really heard too many Black people bumping Tetsuo and this shyt. Every hood I been in was bumping TPAB, Damn, Good Kid, etc...

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
These 2 sentences would be accurate if you replaced Kendrick with like 95% of the big artists in Hip Hop history.

Which is my point.

You ain't arguing skills, you are arguing stats.

Kendrick being bigger doesn't make him better. This was never the case for popular music, so what is your argument? Do you see why yours doesn't work?

EDIT: To your second point, that's not the argument here though. Kdot is successful and I enjoy his shyt, and yes black people bump to his shyt. But in a vacuum, what can he do that Lupe cannot from a skill standpoint that makes him better? Why is it ok for K.dot to release trash like LOVE and get praised for it, but Lupe can't have some missteps while being at odds with his record label?

Last edited:

Dboy41

All Star
Daps
Whatever, nikka. Kendrick just better. THE WHOLE WORLD outside of ya'll small Lupe cult knows it. Better MC. Better albums. Better artist. More critical praise. More sales. Ya'll and Lupe jealous.

Kendrick is Lupe if Lupe wanted to sacrifice artistry for sales and cac co signs.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Which is my point.

You ain't arguing skills, you are arguing stats.

Kendrick being bigger doesn't make him better. This was never the case for popular music, so what is your argument? Do you see why yours doesn't work?

EDIT: To your second point, that's not the argument here though. Kdot is successful and I enjoy his shyt, and yes black people bump to his shyt. But in a vacuum, what can he do that Lupe cannot from a skill standpoint that makes him better? Why is it ok for K.dot to release trash like LOVE and get praised for it, but Lupe can't have some missteps while being at odds with his record label?

I specifically said that Kendrick is better because he's a better MC and artist. I brought up sales because a few of you are in here crying about him not getting commercial recognition. I could give a fukk about sales. Some of my favorite rap artists don't sell shyt.

And you know what Kendrick can do that Lupe can't...scratch that...don't do (because I believe that Lupe actually has the capability to make good raps)? He constructs rap music that isn't convoluted and extra for no reason except seemingly just to make himself look smarter than the other rapper. And he does it VERY well. He has several albums that are borderline classic, if not classic. Absolutely no duds. Just good, dope rap music without the extra shyt. That's why throughout the years I've been seeing reviewers say that Lupe lacks focus. He's doing too much. If his dikk wasn't so far down ya'll throats ya'll would see this.

And LOVE is dope. Don't know what you talking about.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Wouldnt even go that far

Kendrick is Lupe if Lupe had a label that fukked with him
I know Lupe hates the idea of a 360
But him signing to Roc Nation would make a LOTTA sense for him

Ironically he litteraly went to Atlantic in the first place cause Hov told him he was gonna go there before DefJam gave him an offer he couldn’t refuse.

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
I specifically said that Kendrick is better because he's a better MC and artist. I brought up sales because a few of you are in here crying about him not getting commercial recognition. I could give a fukk about sales. Some of my favorite rap artists don't sell shyt.

And you know what Kendrick can do that Lupe can't...scratch that...don't do (because I believe that Lupe actually has the capability to make good raps)? He constructs rap music that isn't convoluted and extra for no reason except seemingly just to make himself look smarter than the other rapper. And he does it VERY well. He has several albums that are borderline classic, if not classic. Absolutely no duds. Just good, dope rap music without the extra shyt. That's why throughout the years I've been seeing reviewers say that Lupe lacks focus. He's doing too much. If his dikk wasn't so far down ya'll throats ya'll would see this.

And LOVE is dope. Don't know what you talking about.

I'm sorry that Lupe somehow damaged your ego.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Why ya'll care about the reviews?

As long as you fukk with it, that's all that matters. If others not feeling it, well then that's their prerogative :yeshrug:

I giving credence reviews a long time ago. Life is so much better when you stop giving a fukk what others think. Y'all should try it sometime :ohwelp:
^^^^^^^^^^

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Wouldnt even go that far

Kendrick is Lupe if Lupe had a label that fukked with him
Lol no he's not.:what:

Rap wise he's nowhere close to Lupe

And artistry wise he's nowhere close To Lupe(though he has edge u can say in production)

Kendrick ain't Lupe.

Ab-Soul is more of a better comparison.

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
Lol no he's not.:what:

Rap wise he's nowhere close to Lupe

And artistry wise he's nowhere close To Lupe(though he has edge u can say in production)

Kendrick ain't Lupe.

Ab-Soul is more of a better comparison.
I meant as far as what they represent. They were both promoted as this “hip hop savior/wiz kid”

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Even though he is better, he won't. Kendrick is a humble dude, unlike the pretentious weirdo ya'll stan. Part of the reason alot of people fukk with him.
I fukk with Kendrick huge but he is extremely overrated it’s not his fault but his music isn’t new

Suga Free been doing what Kendrick does with voices and flows for years he just rapped about pimping