Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Dboy41

All Star
Daps
Of all the simple, basic ass music thats out now, we NEED more albums that challenge our thinking and excercise our brains.

When I listen to concious rap (backpack rap, whatever the hell its called these days) I dont want simple straight forward shyt. I can get that from the migos every second of the day.

Sad day for hip hop these days.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
We let these outsiders into hiphop :snoop: look at fan reviews versus reviewers for this album crazy lopsided
That's my favorite part about rap. Having to go back and listen to some shyt that I didn't catch the first time.

I can listen to Supreme Clientele right now and find something new in it. I love that shyt.

---

Superstar
Daps
Finally sat down and listened to the album to take it all in and it's too much to take in! Can't drop a review cause I still picking up things from it. It's bloodclot overwhelming.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Y'all all sad that people who have a relationship with reality ain't fawning over this shyt like ya'll :russ:

Ain't nowhere near as critically acclaimed as ya'll want it to and ain't gonna sell like ya'll want it to :umad:

Ya'll want so bad for him to be like Kendrick. He just not as good :yeshrug:
This is such an immense stupid comment.
I'm a big kdot fan but he got a machine behind him Lupe does not.
What a dumb thing to say

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I dont think it has particularly sailed it's more he wants it to be like this. No promo rarely tours, rarely discusses his music. Hes content with this
Doesn't mean he isn't disappointed that something he put a concerted effort into is being dismissed for the most part.
:ld:

He held back some of these gems for years before releasing them for this album, people can always say they don't care about this or that, but creatives care deep down. I'll reiterate, last year, Drogas Light was getting comparable reviews to this album. I'd be a lil perplexed, but not overly surprised

Dboy41

All Star
Daps
This is such an immense stupid comment.
I'm a big kdot fan but he got a machine behind him Lupe does not.
What a dumb thing to say
Kendrick has a machine behind him and his music is straight forward and surface level.

I dont need that for this type of rap music. Kendrick is too commercialized and politically correct to me. I fukks with kdot but its no comparison to lu at this point.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
So is that little Freeway adlib in Manilla a dig at Trayway or whatever that shyt is called