Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Man, I wanted to like this album more than T&Y. I really did, but I don’t. I’ve listened to it all weekend. I actually think this album is more “dense” than T&Y by a good margin.

I fukk with it, I just don’t think it’s better than T&Y. On another note — it really struck me that Lupe is never going to make a song like Streets on Fire ever again. That’s the song that made me a fan, actually. :wow:
But why not just try to enjoy and let the album sink in instead of comparing it to T&Y?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Lmao nikkas listen to 4-5 tracks (of a 24 fukking track album) and saying it's "not what they in the mood to hear" :mjlol:

Stack That Cheese, HappyTimbuck2 Day, Imagine and Jonylah Forever :banderas: Whole second half of the album bangs

Imagine making music this loaded with content in such a climate. I give Lupe all the props he deserves for preserving his artistic integrity on this one.

This is easily album of the year.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Some saying he's overly cryptic. Others implying it's not at all cryptic.

:hula:
This the same forum where brehs though Kendricks swimming pool was a pro drinking and party anthem. We had debates on the meaning of that song. So it depends on who you talking to... take it for what it's worth.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this shyt is incredible brehs....im not even sure where to start.

does anyone have any insight to his writing process?? like, how the fukk does he even start making an album like this?? :mindblown:

There's a video online either on reddit or ktt when he did a live stream on YouNow and talked about his writing process in detail while previewing a song that didnt make waves

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this shyt is incredible brehs....im not even sure where to start.

does anyone have any insight to his writing process?? like, how the fukk does he even start making an album like this?? :mindblown:

[Offline] Lupe Live on YouNow.com « Kanye West Forum

"we making liberation music for the people. liberation rock."

Lu tried to warn us. The link is down dont have time(at work) to search the web to try to find it maybe someone else would have luck