Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
But no sleepin' on me, dig deeper than reachin' shorties
Scheme for giant green, getting CREAM sweeter than bein' corny

Green-Giant-Whole-Kernel-Sweet-Corn-15.25-oz.-1.png

Bein' hated, bein' human, bein' a teen but bein' forty
They like to get 'em young like I'm Brigham's son
Be more man/mormon that my attitudes, no ladder rather have a youth

Kids in Prison: Getting Tried as An Adult Depends on Skin Color | WNYC | New York Public Radio, Podcasts, Live Streaming Radio, News

mormon-baptism2.jpg

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I watched nikkas talk about this shyt like it was the greatest album ever recorded for days, so my expectations was super high when I finally got a chance to hear it.

I listened to the first 5 or so tracks and had to turn it off.
:skip:

Like I said...if you don't make it to WAV Files...you don't have an opinion on this album yet

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one.

I watched nikkas talk about this shyt like it was the greatest album ever recorded for days, so my expectations was super high when I finally got a chance to hear it.

I won’t call it wack, I just may have not been in the right mood to hear it.

I’ll revisit in a day or so.

Glad It's not just me.

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta

The first real song wasn't til track three. You gon have to jump back in

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

The first 5 tracks have lupe rapping in Spanish, lupe rapping in patoi, a violin solo...

Works cohesively speaking(and forms a really dope story) but not exactly the songs you should be basing your review around, especially if you ain't even finish the shyt.

Generally seems to be the case that besides WAV Files (did you even get to this song? Lol), Haile Sellasie and Alan Forever that the second half has all the best songs.

I would highly suggest listening to it in full and then forming your opinion.

I assure you if you come back from listening to King Nas, Cripple, Mural Jr, Sun God Sam and feel its whack, it will say a lot more about you as a fan of hip hop than it would about the album :pachaha:

Enjoy breh :salute:

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:what:

You'll come around...maybe? Hopefully...

:what:

What disappointed you?

Definitely give it another spin :manny:
wasn't really anything specific. I just wasn't feeling it. Maybe it was because I was on a long drive, and it didn't give me the vibe I usually want when i drive. but on first listen it didn't catch me liek that. I actually felt like skipping some songs half way through. Unfortunately when I'm driving I don't pay attention to song names so I'm not sure which ones in particular.
I'm a definitely give it another listen though.

thats where I'm at. I'll definitely give it another shot. I've always been a big on Lupe.

this may need some time to marinate I guess...or be in the right mood.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Not feeling this one brehs. Listened to it heavy at the end of last week. Gave it a break over the weekend and came back to it today to see if I'd feel any different but nah. None of the travks jump out the speakers for me.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Ghostwriter thanks for 1-starring my threads. Lupe hasn’t been the same since The Cool.
Nah, in-between weak albums he's given us incomparable mixtapes: Enemy of the State, Friend of the People, Lost in the Atlantic, and Pharaoh Heights.
They were album-quality works, as well as Tetsuo and Youth as a welcome change.
His random freestyles SLR 1, 2, and 3, American Terrorist III, Animal Pharm, Piece of Paper/Cup of Jayzus have all been absolutely fantastic.