Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont think yall brehs realize how hard Manilla Lu was setting the tone of the album, getting personal and introspective, and talking that shyt

Multidecker, new refreshment, lesson from jet snacks
:ohhh:

My momma wisdom, my competition is setbacks
:wow:

Jetlaggin’, very swaggered and my Jordans dirty
AMG performance, my foreign don't show no mercy

:damn::damn::whew::whew::whew::ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd:

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
This may be the most hysterical thread since the Killah Priest double album where posters were claiming to levitate while listening.

You guys are amazing. Holy shyt.

That priest album was incredible tho in spite of the geeks scaring everyone away with their psychobabble talking about floating n shyt.

Talk about anti cool. If i wasnt a fan and saw people like that id literally walk away from the album on purpose.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I felt the same way.

Gave it a few more spins and fell in love with it.
thats good to hear, I'm gonna take an hour or so, pop some headphones on and just let it sink in.

he deserves at least another listen with all the dope shyt he has given me !!

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Man, I wanted to like this album more than T&Y. I really did, but I don’t. I’ve listened to it all weekend. I actually think this album is more “dense” than T&Y by a good margin.

I fukk with it, I just don’t think it’s better than T&Y. On another note — it really struck me that Lupe is never going to make a song like Streets on Fire ever again. That’s the song that made me a fan, actually. :wow:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man, I wanted to like this album more than T&Y. I really did, but I don’t. I’ve listened to it all weekend. I actually think this album is more “dense” than T&Y by a good margin.

I fukk with it, I just don’t think it’s better than T&Y. On another note — it really struck me that Lupe is never going to make a song like Streets on Fire ever again. That’s the song that made me a fan, actually. :wow:

IMO Tetsuo is his best most focused project.

XO is in the same realm of Streets on fire

Hammer

Banned
Daps
ya'll try to act like Lupe is saying some absurd over the head shyt not knowing what hes saying. it's not that deep dumbasses

Dboy41

All Star
Daps

Yeah I like Tetsuo better as well. For one, the production on that one is more varied.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I'm legit pissed right now. I'm a big Lupe fan but on first (and only) listen i wasn't feeling it like that. quite disappointed.

i'll give it another listen straight through when I have time, but most of it wasn't hitting like that for me.

:what:

You'll come around...maybe? Hopefully...

:what:

What disappointed you?

Definitely give it another spin :manny:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
This album reminds me of The Cool in the way it's presented. I will say that Drogas Light really helped him make this album. It' so accessible on first listen. Which he hasn't done since The Cool.

I don't know if there are any other music players in here but I play the violin and that interlude was hard as hell. Intonation was clean. Almost sounded like she was playing right on the bridge.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I'm legit pissed right now. I'm a big Lupe fan but on first (and only) listen i wasn't feeling it like that. quite disappointed.

i'll give it another listen straight through when I have time, but most of it wasn't hitting like that for me.

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one.

I watched nikkas talk about this shyt like it was the greatest album ever recorded for days, so my expectations was super high when I finally got a chance to hear it.

I listened to the first 5 or so tracks and had to turn it off.

I won’t call it wack, I just may have not been in the right mood to hear it.

I’ll revisit in a day or so.