Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
Mel is weird, white, a troll and possibly racist. Wasn't he literally banned from this site for some typical cac fukk shyt?

^ Five reasons why you should be scrolling past his posts just like any other weirdo who comes in here just looking to argue and wax poetic about how much better Q Tip is or some shyt :pachaha:

Y'all really arguing with nikkas and cacs who let you know they didn't even listen to the album and/or are in no way interested in being open to the artist in any way, and y'all taking the bait :dead:

I don't be on here like that, but now I know who to avoid. Smh lol.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Down sounds like it would be a nice track while smoking one too.

What y'all think of Down, here a few people say it's too corny but I could vibe with it though.
It was the hardest track for me to get into. I hated the shyt at first. Mainly cause the beat felt like some shyt drake would rap over. And the melody sounded way off key and muddy or some shyt. But one day I was high as fukk and caught myself zoned out and nodding my head to that shyt like crazy. So it finally broke through to me. It's still my least favorite track on the album but I grew to like it.

But I still feel like the track woulda been better off with a super chill lo-fi type beat.....something that would actually make you FEEL like you're in the depths of the ocean. A vibe similar to the instrumental that closed out the track. The main beat is just distracting at times.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I GET THE 2 FACE REFERENCE
BUT WHAT DOES THIS LINE MEAN?
:devil:
:evil:

God said dont ruin us, Lu says he wont then (hardly/barely) which is why he's still two faced (someone who is insincere or who acts one way in certain situations and then in a contrary manner in other) you can take it even further if you want and think of it like harvey dent whose burned one 1 side/dark (evils) and skin is smooth and light on the other(good) which is why harvey flips the coin etc etc

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!

I GET THE 2 FACE REFERENCE
BUT WHAT DOES THIS LINE MEAN?
:devil:
:evil:

I'm legit tryna figure that out as well

Edit: the best thing I came up with is how Harvey was more or less good before he became 2 Face.
The duality of life brehs. The good and the bad. The balance that's in us all. God said don't ruin us but we can't help what we are

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Down sounds like it would be a nice track while smoking one too.

What y'all think of Down, here a few people say it's too corny but I could vibe with it though.
Yeah, I've seen others mark it as a weak spot for that, but I figure if you can dig stuff like project building robots and gangsta cheeseburgers, this isn't really any different. Gives me The Cool vibes in terms of packaging the tragedies of Katrina/Gaza Strip into something catchy and it almost sounds like he actually recorded this underwater.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Born to death, born to die, mourn correct, immortalized
In a war, where your performance score is your salary
It's like fantasies combating your mortality
I'm just trying to restore sanities
Sigmund Freud boy, Leroy to your Vanity

200.gif

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm legit pissed right now. I'm a big Lupe fan but on first (and only) listen i wasn't feeling it like that. quite disappointed.

i'll give it another listen straight through when I have time, but most of it wasn't hitting like that for me.