Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I recall someone saying that they were having trouble following what Manilla was about. It took me a lil bit as well.

It's just Lupe's way of swagger rapping + letting you know what the album is gonna be about lol.

Not deep in theme but lyrical AF.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I recall someone saying that they were having trouble following what Manilla was about. It took me a lil bit as well.

It's just Lupe's way of swagger rapping + letting you know what the album is gonna be about lol.

Manilla is a VERY DEEP track. Dont sleep. Spent like 5 hours yesterday reading up on Manilla and the slave trade because of this track.

Lupe's music is as much an education as it is a musical treat.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla

That’s what I thought too basically

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Album got me feeling like I need to go back to school. Need my masters :unsure:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I came in here to say Sun God Sam & The California Drug Deals might be the best song on this shyt...

But then XO hit and I was like uhhh :lupe:

Then I felt guilt cuz SGS being the best means WAV Files or Alan Forever isn't, so I said nah....

Now Kingdom playing and I'm thinking this has to be it...

But then I see Cripple, King Nas, Quotations from Chairman Fred, Timbuck2 Day and Mural Jr still on the horizon :noah:

This will be the hardest album he's put out to choose a favorite. Even The Cool and T&Y wasn't this hard.

Good problem to have :blessed:

BLACK LIFE IS A KINGDOM WHY KILL YA SELF FOR NO REASON FORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR?! :gladbron:

PS: For me personally...

F&L - Hurt Me Soul
TC - Put You On Game
Lasers - All Black Everything
F&L II - Form Follows Function
T&Y - Prisoner 1 & 2
DL - Kill

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
Lupe has mastered the age old trick. He makes dummies feel smart. You all think you’re smart because the guy summoned a fish army and YOU were smart enough to get it. You did that!

Meanwhile this cat has zero jams and may have a lower I.Q. Than me. Or not. Oar knot.

Are you actually going to get into why you don't like it or are you just going to keep shyt posting in here like you are better than the people that enjoyed the album.

I think the weirdest thing about people who don't like something, are the ones that try to elevate themselves above others by being contrarian. Which makes it ironic, because you are acting like you are smart or "tricking yourself" into thinking you're smarter than anyone who likes this piece of work by saying that Lupe is tricking them into making them think they are smart.

It's honestly just you talking out your ass. :yeshrug:

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Are you actually going to get into why you don't like it or are you just going to keep shyt posting in here like you are better than the people that enjoyed the album.

I think the weirdest thing about people who don't like something, are the ones that try to elevate themselves above others by being contrarian. Which makes it ironic, because you are acting like you are smart or "tricking yourself" into thinking you're smarter than anyone who likes this piece of work by saying that Lupe is tricking them into making them think they are smart.

This can be applied to 90% of opinions on The Booth

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
I came in here to say Sun God Sam & The California Drug Deals might be the best song on this shyt...
But then XO hit and I was like uhhh :lupe:

Then I felt guilt cuz SGS being the best means WAV Files or Alan Forever isn't, so I said nah....

Now Kingdom playing and I'm thinking this has to be it...

But then I see Cripple, King Nas, Quotations from Chairman Fred, Timbuck2 Day and Mural Jr still on the horizon :noah:

This will be the hardest album he's put out to choose a favorite. Even The Cool and T&Y wasn't this hard.

Good problem to have :blessed:

BLACK LIFE IS A KINGDOM WHY KILL YA SELF FOR NO REASON FORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR?! :gladbron:

PS: For me personally...

F&L - Hurt Me Soul
TC - Put You On Game
Lasers - All Black Everything
F&L II - Form Follows Function
T&Y - Prisoner 1 & 2
DL - Kill

The album is consistently good.

Like I said, he hasn't put out something this well rounded since The Cool.

This album slaps on a more emotional level than anything he has every put out though.

If Lup wasn't such an odd ball, this would be getting more recognition. But honestly, I hope this nikka never changes, hip hop needs more dudes like this.

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
This album is incredible. i've been playing this repeatedly since it dropped. Big up Wasulu.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

Mel is weird, white, a troll and possibly racist. Wasn't he literally banned from this site for some typical cac fukk shyt?

^ Five reasons why you should be scrolling past his posts just like any other weirdo who comes in here just looking to argue and wax poetic about how much better Q Tip is or some shyt :pachaha:

Y'all really arguing with nikkas and cacs who let you know they didn't even listen to the album and/or are in no way interested in being open to the artist in any way, and y'all taking the bait :dead: