Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Lupe has mastered the age old trick. He makes dummies feel smart. You all think you’re smart because the guy summoned a fish army and YOU were smart enough to get it. You did that!

Meanwhile this cat has zero jams and may have a lower I.Q. Than me. Or not. Oar knot.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
ACTUAL TEXT I JUST GOT

“Listen to the song ‘down’ offthe new Luke”*

“It’s the one with the seafood chorus”

FAM. THE SEAFOOD CHORUS.

Replace the k with a P to look up and see G.

* p*ssy

Last edited:

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
Not gonna give a review give me 2 more weeks. Like usual you have a racist in @Big Mel poppin shyt. You have sirbiatch pet wit his p*ssy out cryin whenever Lupe mentioned. Yea yea its a forum but I refuse to enter lil yachty,peep etc threads cuz my mind made up on them.

Weird ass nikkaz & edomite goin on ignore & I literally never done that since joinin.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I understand Drogas ain't the only real good thing the past 5 years. And I agree

But there r more projects than just that one(Tpab). I would have added stuff like Pinata

Lol no.

shyts not even that nikka Kendricks best album. shyts a over glorified album that would have been dope as a instrumental album Without the rapping at best

shyt infact Blank face by Q >>>>> Tpab to be real.

This c00n :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Not gonna give a review give me 2 more weeks. Like usual you have a racist in @Big Mel poppin shyt. You have sirbiatch pet wit his p*ssy out cryin whenever Lupe mentioned. Yea yea its a forum but I refuse to enter lil yachty,peep etc threads cuz my mind made up on them.

Weird ass nikkaz & edomite goin on ignore & I literally never done that since joinin.

Why anyone takes Big Mel seriously is still a mystery to me. That Cac is a disgrace even to white people

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is up there with The Cool for me, perhaps I gotta go back and give that a listen again. But this shyt was on another level, Lupe went into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber with this shyt brehs. Like the imagery and emotions I get in my head when I blast this thing is crazy, can't remember the last time any hip hop album did that to me.

Also, lyrically this guy is on some genius level shyt, my lord...

Ranks:

1. The Cool/Dragos Wave
2. F&L
3. T&Y

Don't care to rank the rest. To even have 4 great albums is a massive feat, but this guy has at least 3 fantastic ones in his discography, and 2 masterpieces.

I cannot wait to see where this guy goes now that Atlantic is out of the picture. Bring on the vinyl.

:lupe:
Food and liquor + the cool is miles ahead of anything Lupe ever put out.

Then tetsuo