Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Daps
To pimp a butterfly? Kendrick, really? How dare you compare Lupe to Kendrick! Lupes eons ahead of him, lyrically and conceptually. None of Kendrick’s albums come close to The Cool. King kunta was one of the only tolerable songs on that album.

On Blacker the berry, that nikka called himself a monkey. Da fukk?Then talked about c00n ass black on black crime near the last part of the song. But y’all praised that silly shyt. No wonder crackers love that album:scust:

Rapping in his sassy, bytchass, negro spirtual, rain dancin, yes massa ass flow. This is y’all concious hero. No wonder this weak effeminate c00n is praised by the media. :scust:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
How do you think it compares to
screen-shot-2015-03-11-at-11-50-26-am.png
I understand Drogas ain't the only real good thing the past 5 years. And I agree

But there r more projects than just that one(Tpab). I would have added stuff like Pinata
Is TPAB the gold standard of hip hop albums this decade though?
Lol no.

shyts not even that nikka Kendricks best album. shyts a over glorified album that would have been dope as a instrumental album Without the rapping at best

shyt infact Blank face by Q >>>>> Tpab to be real.

Last edited:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
TPAB is in my top 5 albums ever so y'all not about to hear any slander for that project from me lol.

With that said this album is special and when the dust settles should be seen in a category of its own.

It's not just the pinnacle of the art form of rapping, but it's incredible musically and artistically as well.

Lupe the rapper has always been in his own class, but Lupe the artist has really caught up to the rapper in recent years. And I say that because a lot of the rappers who are praised for their artistry, such as Kanye, could never do an album like this. It's like the one criticism that might have some weight behind it has evaporated lol. This album is incredible artistry from front to back and that's before we even get into the bars.

It's LeBron with a post game status/KD anchoring a defense status.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Anyways this project really dope. Just gotta sit on it to see how it holds

Plus I wouldn't compare this album to anything. Or at least just yet

If it is double disc I wouldn't even compare to other lps like 4Eva or Scorpion that r double.

IDK this album seems kinda one of those hard to compare/Stand a alone type albums(and that's not to say it makes it better, just saying it's hard comparing this to anything)

Last edited:
Daps
I heard of that podcast, what do they do? I just looked it up it seems all they do is discuss. Is that it?
It's only one person .

He dissets the album track by track, bar for bar.

If there is any backstory, references, double meanings etc he explains them.(Production as well )

So far he did TPAB, MBDF & Orange theory/Blonde.

Just check out TPAB, by the 3rd ep, you get the jist of it.

Here's a map to follow

http://dissectpodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/dissect-TPAB-album-map.pdf

Last edited:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
First time in years I felt Lupe got his bounce back, what was missing to me on T&Y so far is on here. He was uninspired to me there and just was great lyrically not musically, this is a recall back to his prime when he actually cared about production and sounding good over it rather than how many multis he can pack into a bar. Also simplicity of a complex story works. No need to over simplify like T&Y. I think this upon first listen is so much better than anything he’s put on in the 10s. Finally

Fallacy

Replace the last name with an X
Daps
It's only one person .

If there is any backstory, references, double meanings etc he explains them.(Production as well )

Here's a map to follow

He dissects albums in one episode? If so and if he does Wave then that's gonna be a long ass episode.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
It's only one person .

Here's a map to follow

So basically he just gives u want u can get from here. Or other try hards who try to overcomplicate a album they like?
There's no reason to talk down on TPAB other than insercurity.
or maybe u know....

It's just not that good
:whistle:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Anyway let's not turn this into any Vs. shyt

This project dope. I see others in forms calling it a "classic" which I'm just :snoop:. Let it sit for a while folks
To late insecure fans almost always try to down somebody else instead of bigging up albums they love. I hate that shyt

Artenche

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ayiti
This is up there with The Cool for me, perhaps I gotta go back and give that a listen again. But this shyt was on another level, Lupe went into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber with this shyt brehs. Like the imagery and emotions I get in my head when I blast this thing is crazy, can't remember the last time any hip hop album did that to me.

Also, lyrically this guy is on some genius level shyt, my lord...

Ranks:

1. The Cool/Dragos Wave
2. F&L
3. T&Y

Don't care to rank the rest. To even have 4 great albums is a massive feat, but this guy has at least 3 fantastic ones in his discography, and 2 masterpieces.

I cannot wait to see where this guy goes now that Atlantic is out of the picture. Bring on the vinyl.

:lupe: