Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
He lacks in the impact/influence category
Quiet as kept he has a lot more impact/influence on the rap game than most realize.

Many of the prominent 2010’s hip hop artists are Lupe’s sons or were inspired by him in some form or fashion.

He’s just not a rap icon like Cube, Hov, Nas, Snoop, etc.

GUWOPPERS

I might die a bachelor
Daps
Reppin
Sin
Ghost and Wu are just a bunch of 5% sherm head comic book nerds that could rap.

:troll:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
He lacks in the impact/influence category

Lupe is a lot more influential than you might think. A lot of these other emcees such as Wale, Ab Soul and even Drake have referenced him as having impacted them.

Your list was an interesting read. The only thing that matters to me when discussing the best is who is actually the best at rapping(technical skill, concepts, delivery, eclecticism etc) and who the discography to back that claim up. I don't care about popularity, who had their own sneakers, who was most beloved by the cacs who control the mumus industry, etc. I don't care about any of that shyt.

So going by my criteria, Lupe is the best rapper in history to me. And guys like Jay Z, Nas, BIG, Black Thought and Andre 3000 are among the best as well.

You don't have to agree with what I'm saying, but having Lupe as the 37th best rapper ever means we view this entirely differently.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Quiet as kept he has a lot more impact/influence on the rap game than most realize.

Many of the prominent 2010’s hip hop artists are Lupe’s sons or were inspired by him in some form or fashion.

He’s just not a rap icon like Cube, Hov, Nas, Snoop, etc.

He’s also penned verses for greats

Greats that I have ranked higher than him lol..

As far as his impact, maybe you could argue he played a critical role in the skater wave but Lu really wasn’t a skater..

A lot of MCs influenced Kendrick and Cole, I think Lupe’s name is often paired with theres because he fell out of favor with his label which played a role in those two taking his spot in the mainstream hip hop scene

Lupe is a lot more influential than you might think. A lot of these other emcees such as Wale, Ab Soul and even Drake have referenced him as having impacted them.

Your list was an interesting read. The only thing that matters to me when discussing the best is who is actually the best at rapping(technical skill, concepts, delivery, eclecticism etc) and who the discography to back that claim up. I don't care about popularity, who had their own sneakers, who was most beloved by the cacs who control the mumus industry, etc. I don't care about any of that shyt.

So going by my criteria, Lupe is the best rapper in history to me. And guys like Jay Z, Nas, BIG, Black Thought and Andre 3000 are among the best as well.

You don't have to agree with what I'm saying, but having Lupe as the 37th best rapper ever means we view this entirely differently.

My criteria has nothing to do with white folks opinions, who had sneakers, or popularity.

You have to understand if it wasn’t for Wu you have no Lu

Now if you want to surpass them you have to shake the world.

Pac shook the world and the culture. Lupe still has the potential to do that

Last edited:

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
I respect that but you do know it’s more than skills that make you a compete MC...

He's arguably one of the most skilled MCs ever but he’s lacking in other areas

See Ghost and Wu had an international movement that took the world by storm...

The world...

no im agreeing with you. i was saying off straight skill & pen he’s top tier.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Off the very listen I'm completely:mindblown:at how crazy the album sounds.

Im on sun god Sam and haven't skipped a song yet:damn:

Alot of shyt is going over my head right now but I'll try to pick it up when I'm really giving it more attention, focus on the lyrics but so far the album is incredible. No weak songs or moments yet:ohlawd: