Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
This album has the kind of creativity, spirituality and conceptual rapping that the whole industry praised with TPAB. In some ways, I wish Lupe was signed to RocNation, that way he would have a machine behind him like Kendrick and Cole do for themselves.
Pitchfork will give this album like 7.8 but anything Kendrick gets 9+ always

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
This album has the kind of creativity, spirituality and conceptual rapping that the whole industry praised with TPAB. In some ways, I wish Lupe was signed to RocNation, that way he would have a machine behind him like Kendrick and Cole do for themselves.

Shhhhhh ... they don’t wanna hear that

CHICAGOrilla

All Star
Daps
This a phenomenal album, I wasn’t expecting it to go so crazy

The shyt with Damien Marley(South Centrals A Kingdom:banderas:) is fukking crazy and at first I thought Alan Forever and Jonylah Forever was kinda sappy n corny but after reading the backstory, shyt got me distressed af. Them poor kids man:mjcry:

8/10 easily. If Kendrick put this exact album out the internet would be going nuts right now :martin:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
These songs like episodes of black mirror I feel like I stepped away in another reality! Lupe is exteremely talented at rapping it’s a shame he isn’t championed like the greats

In due time he'll be talked about as one of the unquestioned greatest, if not the absolute greatest, to ever put pen to pad in the name of Hip Hop.

Picasso is the exception, Van Gogh is the rule.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
This a phenomenal album, I wasn’t expecting it to go so crazy

The shyt with Damien Marley(South Centrals A Kingdom:banderas:) is fukking crazy and at first I thought Alan Forever and Jonylah Forever was kinda sappy n corny but after reading the backstory, shyt got me distressed af. Them poor kids man:mjcry:

8/10 easily. If Kendrick put this exact album out the internet would be going nuts right now :martin:

Cole put out such an average album with its best song being a diss to a 16 year old and critics couldn’t even write a review without jerking off over and over about it

Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Scheme for giant green, getting CREAM sweeter than bein' corny"
This could've been just another Wu-Tang shoutout, but he too nice with it.

vj90jka.jpg