Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
This thread has surpassed the Killah Priest "Psychic Life of Walter Reed" thread in terms of stan absurdity. It might have surpassed the T&Y thread too. Phenomenal.
You don’t rock wit the album ?

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
"While my concept for Wave as I use it wasn't inspired by or in my mind anyway from your approach or movement and is all part of an extended metaphor surrounding slavery..."

My God, this dude is a cornball.

:aicmon:

DID YOU EVEN LISTEN TO THE ALBUM?
EVERYTHING HE SAID IS TRUE.
:devil:
:evil:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea, one of ya'll nerds...do it

giphy.webp
why dont you go drop it like its hot to some 'mystery of chessboxin" you damn goofy :mjlol:

Daps

DID YOU EVEN LISTEN TO THE ALBUM?

I did, if only briefly, and I did my best to approach it with an open mind since I'm the furthest thing from a fan, but unfortunately, I cannot stomach smart dumb shyt for too long. I don't question or particularly care for his intentions, but that explanation he put out on IG is basically why I can't fukk with his music (or in my opinion, lack thereof music), because he's more concerned with pointing out the existence of his matryoshka doll penmanship (which is only reflected by it having little-to-no organic value), rather than letting his music do the talking.

Like a wise man once said - if you've got the sauce, you don't need to tell anyone you've got it, because if you do, it likely means you ain't got it.

EVERYTHING HE SAID IS TRUE.

It's not about it being true or not, it's the fact he said it in the first place. It's the same reason why a joke loses its humor if you explain it.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I did, if only briefly, and I did my best to approach it with an open mind since I'm the furthest thing from a fan, but unfortunately, I cannot stomach smart dumb shyt for too long. I don't question or particularly care for his intentions, but that explanation he put out on IG is basically why I can't fukk with his music (or in my opinion, lack thereof music), because he's more concerned with pointing out that his matryoshka doll raps exist (which is only reflected by it having little-to-no organic value), rather than letting his music do the talking.

Like a wise man once said - if you've got the sauce, you don't need to tell anyone you've got it, because if you do, it likely means you ain't got it.

if you only briefly listened that means you listened to what Manila, gold, wav files??? whats smart dumb about any of those tracks. I'm not even trying to come at you even though I think youre wrong but I'm curious. None of those songs are very hard to follow.