Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Hoin', she knows that I'm crooked like Owen

a3a61bec061a453b96753cae1c0b72f3.700x499x1.jpg

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
"And I feel.....

Blesssssssssssssssed"

Absolutely incredible song. He paid tribute to Alan, Jonylah and Timbuck2 so tastefully.

The theme of both Jonylah and Alan songs being alternate worlds where Alan and Jonylah grow up to be adults who save their younger selves from dying is just....:wow:

Best rapper to ever walk planet earth. Maybe nikkas on Mars got him lapped, but not on Earth.

RIP Alan Kurdi, Jonylah Watkins and Timothy "Timbuck2" Jones.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Question: is it possible that this was made before Tetsuo?

Hail selassie, johnyla forever, stack that cheese were either released before Tetsuo or previewed right afrer the same with Mural Jr. He started previewing at concerts a month later.

I also remember Lu tweeting that the only thing that was holding Waves up was sample clearances

Obviously he wrote Timback2 day and alan forever in 2015 since both deaths occured in september and December.

The same girl who did slave ship interlude created seasons interlude and they all sound like they fit the same narrative

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Per someone I was talking to the other day regarding Lupe’s bullshyt approach to rhyme:

A perfectly fine MC says:

“Dope on a rope, a bar of soap”

Lupe says:

“Ivory shavings attached to the cords that reeled the slave’s in/where do you drink and spend your savings? combine that with the aforementioned shavings”

If you all don’t come to grips with this goofy ass say nothing motherfukker already.

You know an MC ain’t shyt when cats argue if Skysnooze is on his level.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Question: is it possible that this was made before Tetsuo?
Tetsuo sessions started in 2013 iirc, so nothing would be older than that. However, it's def possible there are more tracks like Kingdom from those same sessions, which there were a total of 25. It seems like the main reason T&Y wasn't just as long as Wave is because Atlantic would only pay him for 11 songs.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"And I feel.....

Blesssssssssssssssed"

Absolutely incredible song. He paid tribute to Alan, Jonylah and Timbuck2 so tastefully.

The theme of both Jonylah and Alan songs being alternate worlds where Alan and Jonylah grow up to be adults who save their younger selves from dying is just....:wow:

Best rapper to ever walk planet earth. Maybe nikkas on Mars got him lapped, but not on Earth.

RIP Alan Kurdi, Jonylah Watkins and Timothy "Timbuck2" Jones.
RIP to Baba Kwesi as well.