Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
His 8th album was Ghostdini the wizard of poetry :snoop:

I definitely agree that Ghosts impact is >

Ghost is overall >

But right now, he wouldn’t be able to handle Lupe on wax.. if they did a song it would be embarrassing

And wha his contributions to the wu albums , raes albums dont count?

Ghost deini is dope album on top of that.. it was critically praised by hip hop reviewers and shyt on by places like pitchfork and other cac mags.

Its an experimental rnb/rap album of which ghost has had those type of cuts on every album hes ever had. And its not like it was any different either. Anyone of those cuts woulda made it to a ghost album and noone would have even blinked. Its becaus there was 15 of em that people were put off.

Wizard was a passion project that was more than dope enough for a 15 year vet especiall when it dropped the same MONTH as cuban linx 2 another big album for him.

The reviews shytting on it shyt on it for being an rnb rap album. How you review something negatively for being the genre it said it was gonna be idk.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Epilepsy diamonds flicker foolish on the cuff wrist :wow:

PS: if any of you checked out after Lasers and this is your first Lupe project since then, don't walk, but run to your nearest streaming service and listen to Tetsuo & Youth.

Lupe Fiasco Tetsuo and Youth: Lupe Fiasco Tetsuo and Youth - YouTube

Being exposed to arguably the two best rap albums ever back to back in one weekend...I am jealous of you nikkas.

PPS: Even those who didn't check out might have missed Pharoah Height 2/30, which might be his best mixtape dead ass. Went way under the radar but shyt was short and perfect. Peep below.

Just making sure the brehs are caught up :salute:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder if Lupe was inspired by Camp Lo is his later years because he has that abstract language tyle at times. I'm listening to Stronger and its both straight forward but still hard to discipher completely.