Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Not even a big Lupe fan and I enjoyed this. After Lasers I was off him and then got me back with the Pharaoh Heights tape, skipped everything else until this one. This one is dope.:ehh:

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Uhhh. BULLshyt

Never mind the wu albums or cuban linx aside but ten years after his debut ghost dropped fishscale. An album prolly his 2nd/3rd most critically acclaimed albums. On DEFJAM.

Ten years later lupe dropped this INDEPENDENTLY. They cannot be compared.

Dont let one man having an absurd opinions force you to say absurd shyt back. Nothing lupe ever released touch cuban linx, supreme clientele, ironman or the legacy of an alltike group bigger than both artists by themselves.

Hes a great artist and i look forward to this album but saying ghost couldnt do this his 8th album in when during the same time period he dropped even more all time classics and still dropped another classic at the end in the same time..i cant let that slide. Cause lupe didnt have close to the impact on the genre like ghost and ghost still dropped a classic ten years after making albums that literally DEFINE the genre. Lupe never had that burden to deal with.

His 8th album was Ghostdini the wizard of poetry :snoop:

I definitely agree that Ghosts impact is >

Ghost is overall >

But right now, he wouldn’t be able to handle Lupe on wax.. if they did a song it would be embarrassing

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
I don’t like every song but nothing like sounds like filler or throwaway he truly has an idea for each track and that’s all you can really ask from an artist

This is Lu doing music independently is suppose to be

Agreed. None of it is thoughtless, lazy garbage. There’s just some songs I don’t connect with.

My point was even if you don’t connect with any of it I find it hard to imagine not respecting it. Kendrick’s voice fukking irks me a lot of the time and cole bores me to death but I respect what they’re doing even if a lot of their music is unlistenable to me.