Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
When I mention f&l I speak specifically of the advance not the release. The release doesn't exist to me. Steady mobbing one of the greatest songs of all time for me
If you take both versions of F&L and make an album you have not only a classic but one of the best hip-hop albums ever.

The retail had great songs that weren't on the advance, but the advance had some of my favorite Lupe songs/bars ever.

Intro (Theme Music to a Drive By)
Steady Mobbin'
Hustlerz Due/Song
Game Time
Slow Down

The verses on Trials and Tribulations which later became Pressure with Hov (he bodied both versions tho)

:lawd:

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
If you take both versions of F&L and make an album you have not only a classic but one of the best hip-hop albums ever.

The retail had great songs that weren't on the advance, but the advance had some of my favorite Lupe songs/bars ever.

Steady Mobbin'
Hustlerz Due/Song
Game Time
Slow Down

The verses on Trials and Tribulations which later became Pressure with Hov (he bodied both versions tho)

Don’t forget Pimp Hand (Make Sure)

Such a slept on Classic Lupe track :wow:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know this album is serious when Lu refers to himself as Carerra. :mjcry:

When’s the last time he used that moniker? :wow:
I don't think he's spoken arabic since F&L either. After the verses in King Nas, he recites a Surah (chapter of the Quran) called An-Nas. Here's a video where it's spoken a little slower and with a translation. Another translation of Nas is People, so King of the People, which fits the best interests of the kingdom and growing sense of community towards the end.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Steady Mobbin'
Hustlerz Due/Song
Game Time
Slow Down

Theme music to a driveby will forever be a top 5 lupe song. If food and liquor never leaked it wouldve been a top 5 intro of all time

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
@Zeu$

Ghost wasn’t anywhere near the MC Lupe is now by his seventh album

If the two were to work together right now, Ghost couldn’t keep up.

Uhhh. BULLshyt

Never mind the wu albums or cuban linx aside but ten years after his debut ghost dropped fishscale. An album prolly his 2nd/3rd most critically acclaimed albums. On DEFJAM.

Ten years later lupe dropped this INDEPENDENTLY. They cannot be compared.

Dont let one man having an absurd opinions force you to say absurd shyt back. Nothing lupe ever released touch cuban linx, supreme clientele, ironman or the legacy of an alltike group bigger than both artists by themselves.

Hes a great artist and i look forward to this album but saying ghost couldnt do this his 8th album in when during the same time period he dropped even more all time classics and still dropped another classic at the end in the same time..i cant let that slide. Cause lupe didnt have close to the impact on the genre like ghost and ghost still dropped a classic ten years after making albums that literally DEFINE the genre. Lupe never had that burden to deal with.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I don’t love all the songs but I don’t remember the last time I was so impressed by some of the ideas on here and how well they’re executed. WAV Files having the water, trees and stars apologizing for not stopping the slave trade and a verse of just slave ship names is just miles ahead of the competition in terms of creativity/execution and how these songs of slaves surviving under water transition to a song memorializing a drowned child is some shyt.

Doubt it will be appreciated by the masses bc most art rarely is and the music is not for everyone but I don’t know how you can’t respect the message, effort and thoughtfulness behind this shyt.

I don’t like every song but nothing like sounds like filler or throwaway he truly has an idea for each track and that’s all you can really ask from an artist

This is Lu doing music independently is suppose to be