Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
1.The Cool
2.Food and Liquar
3.Tetsuo and Youth
4.Food and Liquar 2
5.Lasers
6.Drogas Light
I have to listen to Wave more to properly rate it. I think it has a chance to surpass Testuo and Youth to get that 3rd spot. Maybe even higher. The album is really starting to grow on me.

I know this is sacrilege but i think Wave EASILY surpasses T&Y. Not that i didn’t like T&Y but Wave is a little bit more “accessible” in the sense that, even though there are a ton of double entendres and metaphors, the way he executes each song it can still be enjoyed at face value and still fits in to the concept

Kajisan

Rookie
Daps
My Lupe album rank with my top 3 fave track from each album (which was really hard to do)

1. The Cool

- The Coolest
- Put You on Game
- Streets on Fire

2. Food & Liquor

- He Say She Say
- Hurt me Soul
- Pressure

3. Tetsuo & Youth

- Prisoner 1&2
- Body of Work
Adoration of the Magi

4. Waves

- SGS & The CDD
- King Nas
- Wave Files

5. Lasers

- I'm Beamin (I know its a bonus track)
- Shining down (once again, the track wasn't in the original Laser haha)
- Words I never said

6. F&L2

- Lamborghini Angels
- Unforgivable Youth
- Cold War

Waves is still new, so my top 3 is interchangeable. On top of the top 3 that I listed, I am repeating Kingdom, Down, and Cripple... also Timbuck2 and Manilla... I can see Waves take over my 3rd spot over T&Y. I actually didn't listen to Drogas Light, except for like Tranquillo... am I missing out?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I know this is sacrilege but i think Wave EASILY surpasses T&Y. Not that i didn’t like T&Y but Wave is a little bit more “accessible” in the sense that, even though there are a ton of double entendres and metaphors, the way he executes each song it can still be enjoyed at face value and still fits in to the concept
Its funny. I find that so far the songs on T&Y are more accessible at face value. Lol

Fallacy

Replace the last name with an X
Daps

Cosign.

T&Y was way too dense for me. I wasn't feeling the beats or songs or his flow. But this one he is on his Michael Young History shyt. Floating on everything. Even the dense tracks are easy to listen to bc he flows smooth as hell on them.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Exactly this.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually didn't listen to Drogas Light, except for like Tranquillo... am I missing out?
Not really, while I enjoy it, it's just a glorified mixtape full of singles. When we were still in the dark, the intro along with his monologue on mythology, gave you a general idea of where Waves would go.

"DROGAS dedicated to all the drug dealers, find out how they all gon come kill us"

There's no great songs to pull from this, but here's my favorites if you wanna check it out for yourself: Dopamine Lit, NGL, More Than My Heart. The OMW feature shortly after the release is also about the same vibe as the trap first half.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I first got the album I skipped straight to mural Jr... And was disappointed as hell, he's on his a game lyrically but the beat to mural on Tetsuo and youth and the way he flowed on it... Was just... :mjcry: wow.

Should've known he wouldn't top that.

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
This album is higher level flows and lyricism, not the lyrical miracle shyt the Joel Ortiz idiots of the world think epitomises the mark of a great spitter.
It feels like Lupe wrote a doctoral dissertation here, meanwhile you have fukking word scrabble and random word mashups being praised as the ultimate peak of hip hop bars.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
The fact so many of y'all have F&L above this and T&Y is so ccrazy to me. The Cool I understand a little more.

I love F&L but those two are on a different caliber of special IMO.

F&L was the first album and the first introduction tho but I get it. That nostalgia.

Last edited:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
The fact so many of y'all have F&L above this and T&Y is so ccrazy to me. The Cool I understand a little more.

I love F&L but those two are io a different caliber of spexial IMO.

F&L was the first album and the first introduction tho but I get it. That nostalgia.
When I mention f&l I speak specifically of the advance not the release. The release doesn't exist to me. Steady mobbing one of the greatest songs of all time for me

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
:dahell:99% of the album is what your missing. Track 3 is basically the first song.
Oh I thought the entire album would sound like that

Breh Imagine walking into a movie when it starts and bouncing after 10 mins then writing it off as "ehh". :dead:
Lol @track 1
These young'ns @brownsugah and @Thatrogueassdiaz obviously have low IQs and attention spans.:yeshrug:

:yeshrug:I blame their welfare parents for not guiding them in life towards a high school diploma and higher learning.

I wasn't dissing the album. I legit wanted to know whether the rest of the album was like those first 3 songs. Graduate degree receipient and Lupe fan here. I still think Tetsuo is a classic. Don' ever disrespect me. Guarantee you're a young 20 year old saying that stupid shyt to me

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
When I first got the album I skipped straight to mural Jr... And was disappointed as hell, he's on his a game lyrically but the beat to mural on Tetsuo and youth and the way he flowed on it... Was just... :mjcry: wow.

Should've known he wouldn't top that.
He didn’t try to that’s why he called it Jr

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

I love F&L but those two are io a different caliber of spexial IMO.

I HAVENT SEEN ANYONE PUT F&L OVER THIS.

THE LISTS IVE SEEN IN HERE DIDNT INCLUDE THIS ALBUM.
:devil:
:evil: