Daps
Reppin
NULL
are the vinyls going up for sale tmrw at 9pm or did they already go on sale
I believe the vinyl has been available for pre-order since May or June. Didn't look too hard, so there might be something cheaper, but here's a couple links:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
you invalidated your own opinion mad times in this post :wow: I'm still reeling at you saying the man hasn't had a storytelling track since Lasers days

if you skipped over all the projects between F&L2 until now i don't understand how you even reach this conclusion, you KNOW you missed the projects :dead: how you know what he was doing on em? He's been doing "old lupe" freestyles since before covid, slowed down once he got into album mode but otherwise he's been rapping smooth as shyt the past fews just like on this album

That nikka actually said Lupe doesn’t do storytelling songs anymore….

Daps
Reppin
NULL
New interview. Lupe mentioned the Nas quote at the end before on the podcast, but I didn't really try to find what specifically could've impressed him at the time. Then, I remembered how Lupe flipped lines from Halftime and Ain't Hard To Tell in the 1st verse:
Lupe’s King Nas has the same drum pattern as Nas’ It Ain’t Hard To Tell

The chorus references You’re Da Man

King poetic, too much flavor, I'm major
Nas is like an Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazing
- Nas (It Ain’t Hard To Tell

"Black king poetic with Nat King's aesthetic
Half-dream, half-machine where the black Queens get naked"
- Lupe Fiasco (King Nas)
:banderas:
Also, last night's Q&A was recorded, should be out later this week.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
This is my favorite Lupe album since The Cool.

I've really not enjoyed much of his music post-The Cool. His lyrical complexity started to get in the way of the songcraft, too much suspect production and hooks, and overlong albums that became exhausting to listen to.

Tetsuo & Youth was quite good but it was still too indulgent for me. Drogas Wave had its moments but he went too far down the path of making music for rap nerds to break down the lyrics and hidden meanings and metaphors. No shade if that's your thing but it's hurt the music IMO.

This is the first time in a long time he has sounded like he's having fun on a record. It's way looser, the production is some of the best shyt I've heard all year and the album is the perfect length. Less is more.

There's still that complex lyrical shyt but it doesn't feel as overwhelming as his recent work and he actually let's the album breathe.

Very dope album, one of the year's best.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
There's so much lupe content out there. From the albums,to the lyric breakdowns,to the ig lives, and general fukkery + updates

You should start one breh:myman:
To beefing with nikkas who started shyt with Lu being victor too lol.
Tells Cudi he can get the hands
Spanks Royce via diss track lol

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like this album but damn I want to hear more about Lu himself and less wordplay or triple entendres. Breh you are 40 now, what’s going on in your life?!
He's always been someone who liked keeping his personal life personal, like I must've went at least a decade before knowing what Ayesha even looked like lol. So, I doubt you're gonna get that from him, outside of songs like Ms. Mural and On Faux Nem. Especially after the Q&A, it sounds like the puzzle raps is what motivates him these days.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
He's always been someone who liked keeping his personal life personal, like I must've went at least a decade before knowing what Ayesha even looked like lol. So, I doubt you're gonna get that from him, outside of songs like Ms. Mural and On Faux Nem. Especially after the Q&A, it sounds like the puzzle raps is what motivates him these days.
Did you watch Lupe’s Hot 97 interview? He did not hold back

Last edited: