Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Lupe's not just reading the room, I think this might be the first time he lets the fans decide the video since F&L? And that didn't even work out back then, cause of Atlantic lol.

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
If I remember correctly, deluxe version is coming sometime in August? The 26th I believe. Hope the three new tracks add to what’s already a great album IMO.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
From the biggest lupe stan who stopped listening after f&L 2…

I enjoyed this album. I’m pleasantly suprised.:ehh:

However, I’m about to go on a rant here…

Musically, I haven’t really connected with lupe since lasers. Or somewhere around the enemy of the state tapes.

Around that time period.

I feel like lupe lost his artistic / relatable side. As in, he doesn’t try to connect with the listener anymore. As if music just became a hobby or business to him. Not like an art you used to hear him take it. Idk if he’s become bitter or what…:jbhmm:

No more vulnerable tracks, soulful songs, or even silly lines. No more 1st person songs about himself. He doesn’t do any storytelling tracks anymore either. That makes me sad a bit. His imagery used to be top tier & he wasn’t using random big words like that before.

He’s gone into this super technical wordy rap mode & can’t switch it off. It feels like he takes every song now recently as a complicated rap drill. Tries to make each line as clever as possible. It’s not as natural like he used to be. Of course , he did used to flex his rap mode back then occasionally but now it’s just stuck permanently on. Add in a little social commentary. Boom. Album done. Repeat. That’s what I see now.

That’s how I feel & why stopped listening to his newer music. I miss the old lupe.:to:

End rant.
you invalidated your own opinion mad times in this post :wow: I'm still reeling at you saying the man hasn't had a storytelling track since Lasers days

if you skipped over all the projects between F&L2 until now i don't understand how you even reach this conclusion, you KNOW you missed the projects :dead: how you know what he was doing on em? He's been doing "old lupe" freestyles since before covid, slowed down once he got into album mode but otherwise he's been rapping smooth as shyt the past few years just like on this album

Last edited: