LULAC (NAACP for Latinos) breaks 95 year tradition by endorsing Kamala Harris

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But I'm reading the report and I already have some questions.

A couple pages in, they seem to hyper focus on low skill black skill workers. I have a philosophy that we should do what we can to uplift ourselves from that category. Hence why I took affirmative action and the voting rights act seriously
The bolded is absolutely tangibles and one is gone while the other is precarious at best. I took a bit of time to go through the report as well and it is absolutely covering the lowest wage, zero education jobs. There are brehs pretending these jobs are in competition for Black worker's labor but many of them, like fast food, absolutely suffer if they actually did pay decently. Quotes directly from the report near the end:

Blacks are represented in high concentrations in the low-skill labor market. One third of the entire black labor force is made up of low-skilled workers, and blacks comprise 10 percent of the 50 million low-skilled adults in the civilian labor force in the United States.129 Six in 10 black adult males have a high school degree or less, compared with four out of 10 for whites.
Recent immigrants tend to be low-skilled; this is especially true of illegal immigrants. Data show that over the last 50 years, there has been a precipitous decline in the relative educational attainment of immigrants.130 For example, according to 2007 census data, of those immigrants entering the U.S. (both legally and illegally) between 2000 and 2007, only 24.6 percent had a high school education; 35.5 percent had not completed high school. This compares with 30.9 percent and 7.5 percent, for native-born American workers, respectively. Such workers are thus more likely to be concentrated in the low-skill labor market.
Native-born low-skill workers appear to be dropping out of the labor market, while rates of immigrants have increased. A 2006 Center for Immigration Studies analysis showed that the percentage of native-born Americans in the labor force with either a high school diploma or less fell from 59 percent to 56 percent in the preceding five years.131 The study estimated that approximately 1.5 million native-born Americans with a high school diploma or less left the workforce during that period. During the same period, the number of immigrants in the workforce (legal and illegal) with high school diplomas or less increased by almost the same amount—1.6 million.
Low-skilled immigrants and blacks are concentrated in the same occupations and specific segments of the labor market, suggesting they compete for work. The same CIS study referenced above reveals that the occupations with the highest percentage of illegal immigrants are occupations that also have the highest unemployment rates for the native born. These same occupations happen to be among those that have traditionally employed the highest percentage of black workers, e.g., building cleaning and maintenance,132 food preparation133 and construction.
Long story short, save for something that should be lucrative like construction, they are doing bottom of the barrel jobs and compete with mostly folks with zero education. It absolutely matters but this isn't something effecting the larger black population when considering employment, though with the education rates as mentioned regarding highschool degrees, of course those people should still be able to secure employment. Programs that help Black people rise above these lower wage jobs are important because hoping wages will rise just because the talent goes is not realistic. If maintenance workers cost more, they go from 3 to 1. Crop pickers aren't going to suddenly be paid more unless the government subsidizes wages. Basically if a function does not directly produce something that makes someone money, they can always find to way to underpay. E-Verify should have been a thing long ago and the attacks on public education also perpetuate this cycle.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
I'm just saying in general...:mjlol: just log out of the coli on a good day and you see the visitor view counts real high...

Y'all think we not being watched???:mjpls:
What kind of people on the internet do you see agreeing with your opinions?

:sas2:

Obviously you make posts with them in mind. I don’t even pay attention to views by lurkers.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
What kind of people on the internet do you see agreeing with your opinions?

:sas2:

Obviously you make posts with them in mind. I don’t even pay attention to views by lurkers.

I make posts for only ME in mind but #BOTHSIDES is a growing movement with people frustrated with the duopoly...:manny:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
What other sites do you engage in bothsides discussion?

NONE....:birdman: the coli is my home...

I mean havent you noticed there's not many other popular message boards out there anymore...:ohhh: Been on the coli since 14' bruh

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
NONE....:birdman: the coli is my home...

I mean havent you noticed there's not many other popular message boards out there anymore...:ohhh: Been on the coli since 14' bruh

You know alot of outsiders read this site and agree with my opinions. You know this right???!
How can you know a lot of lurkers agree with you.

But you only engage in bothsides talk on the coli?

You are definitely getting positive response from somewhere else.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
How can you know a lot of lurkers agree with you.

But you only engage in bothsides talk on the coli?

You are definitely getting positive response from somewhere else.

i just pointing out how the BOTHSIDES message has been spreading online in general...:dwillhuh: gawddamn your paranoid ass make it sound like a conspiracy... just go on youtube... the message is out there...

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
i just pointing out how the BOTHSIDES message has been spreading online in general...:dwillhuh: gawddamn your paranoid ass make it sound like a conspiracy... just go on youtube... the message is out there...
Link me to some of the bothsides content you consume outside of the coli.