Luke Cage - CANCELLED! By Netflix

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Am I the only one who thinks that all these shows for the most part been on a downhill.
IMO these shows just lack creativity. It’s been bad since Iron Fits. One thing I keep asking myself while watching these shows is, why don’t they let the heroes do cool shyt? All these shows have been reserved, while refusing to play with the creativity of the Marvel universe.
Defenders: trash
JJ S2: trash, I got two more eps left. I can’t bring myself to care.
LC S2: So far trash. I can’t take the dialogue of the show. IMO the dialogue just comes across as cheese.
Punisher: Good moments, but overall could have been bigger or on the same level as DD...
IF S2: Haven’t seen yet
DD S3: Haven’t seen yet

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Am I the only one who thinks that all these shows for the most part been on a downhill.
IMO these shows just lack creativity. It’s been bad since Iron Fits. One thing I keep asking myself while watching these shows is, why don’t they let the heroes do cool shyt? All these shows have been reserved, while refusing to play with the creativity of the Marvel universe.
LC S2: So far trash. I can’t take the dialogue of the show. IMO the dialogue just comes across as cheese.
Punisher: Good moments, but overall could have been bigger or on the same level as DD...

I'm 9 eps in DD S3 and it's already better than the first two seasons IMO.

teacher

All Star
Daps

What is trash about luke cage season 2? The trash elements existed since season 1. Shades, needs to die since season 1. the gay shyt with the black dude i guess might happen in real life for excons but it aint Harlem :dame:. Luke cage needs more swag but i guess the execs felt cacs wouldn't except a blackman that was as confident as trump(superficially) you see how they hate lavar ball. After that what is there to complain about? Bushmasters accent :beli:. I guess it could of been better...i aint jamaican but i had no problem with it...probably my favorite Netflix marvel season....the usain bolt gag had me dieing. Ooo not fastah den oosain bolttt :dead:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Why Iron Fist and Luke Cage Were Cancelled by Netflix and Marvel. Avengers 4 Aftermath Disney Streaming Service Explained and Daredevil Season 3

Dude makes some great points. Netflix overpaid for the Marvel shows when they originally ordered them because Marvel/Disney is a huge brand & Netflix really wanted to establish themselves as network with premium original content. Now that Netflix is an established goto network, it doesn't make sense for them overpay for these Marvel shows especially since some them aren't bringing in new subscribers like that.

Because of Disney's upcoming streaming service, Marvel is limiting the Netflix shows from using more big name Marvel characters on the shows.

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
bruh after cottonmouth got killed so anticlimatically I was slightly soured on the show. But the story was good enough to keep me watching, But I wasnt feeling Diamondback in MAriah as villians in season 1 so it was bitter sweet.

Season two was great. Bushmaster was the strong, charismatic antagonist we needed and he more than makes up for Cottonmouth not being around. But I have to hand it to Mariah in season 2, Her character came all the way the fukk up, I hated this bytch something serious, In fact her whole bloodline wasnt shyt outside of Cotton Mouth and her daughter. Bushmaster was that nikka though. Dude's swagger was on 10 and that 1st knife kill on dude was :picard::huhldup:

Season 1 = 4.0/5
Season 2 = 4.5 / 5

Solid ass show with its own perosnality

the Harlem depicted in this shows is a character unto itself

My only gripe is I wish Pop's didnt have to die in season 1, I would have loved to have seen more of the dialogue and character dynamics with more flushed out barbershop scenes. It could have been definitly added more humanity to the show in regards to black culture.

The OG that played the hatin ass uncle in Paid in full ( "ol money makin mitch")
was my favorite character in the show. I loved him, pops and, and luke's dad the most, cause Ive known old heads like them from the barbershop in real life.

While I like Luke, dude can be corny at times, but he's a solid actor overall . Misty is annoying from time to time but damn do I wanna fukk her cute ass. The gay angle with two characters seemed out the blue but the more i played it back in my head it made sense.

I loved the show. Sounds like a bunch of contrarian cacs with the lowkey saltiness

Last edited:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
had a feeling this was coming after the IronFist cancellation.

that horrible first episode of season 2 was damaging as hell...mad people were :hubie: after it and that dab.

Season two was pretty good in spite of said terrible first episode, a dull lead, shaky acting..Mike Colter acted like he was doing a play most of the time, Black Maria was overreacting and Shades was just downright terrible..mix that was poorly written dialogue with cheesy references and worst of all not one reference to Cameron Giles and his band of Diplomats.

both shows did finish with endings that you could finish on too so

:manny:

happy enough with DareDevil, Jessica Jones and Punisher.

hopefully Misty can pop up from time to time and Luke could end up in Jessica Jones but after being a lead i doubt he'd agree to becoming a co-star on that show.

they wouldn't do it but i'd happily take a six episode season of Hero's For Hire for IronFist & Luke.

Now that I think about colter was not a good Luke cage he was too serious. Also that Mariah chick annoyed me last season I think it was cause she was trying too hard to be sexy and I just wasn’t trying to look at her that way. They had her acting like a child

I’m still disappointed that the show got cancelled, I thought it was good enough

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I never got around to this, Iron shyt, Punisher, or Daredevil Season 2 - I may not even have watched Jessica Jones season 2. :hubie:

I have a feeling Disney put the word out that they want Luke Cage and Iron Fist in that Heroes for Hire series on their own service :manny:.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I only watched the first season of JJ and LC. LC better show, Killgrave best character between em