‘Luke Cage’ Actor Michael Colter Responds to Fans Criticizing Him for Marrying a White Woman

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
:childplease:

My boyfriend is the exact opposite of all that except he's 6'2. Stop shaming women for having standards you don't meet. Men like you think all women want thugs but lust over women with no redeeming qualities except for their looks. Let's be real you ain't checkin for the dark skinned sista with natural hair and no ass. :comeon:Even if she is kind, not after your money, no drama, etc.
I'd date a girl like this. Unless she doesn’t like sex.

roxxthe96er

Emcee
Daps
Reppin
CCVII, AMERICON.
:wow: at you chasing superficial dudes that don't give any substance to maintain a healthy relationship. As long as he 6'5, strong mouthpiece, thuggish, and getting money, he can do anything to you and you still welcome him back. No good personality, no intelligence, just dikk and entertainment.
Facts, this work :pachaha:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
:childplease:

My boyfriend is the exact opposite of all that except he's 6'2. Stop shaming women for having standards you don't meet. Men like you think all women want thugs but lust over women with no redeeming qualities except for their looks. Let's be real you ain't checkin for the dark skinned sista with natural hair and no ass. :comeon:Even if she is kind, not after your money, no drama, etc.

This is a moot point.....as black men don't get upset when those ugly girls get rich famous and marry white guys. Look at the level of respect we give to George Lucas' wife, Mayor DiBlasio's wife, Robert Dinero's wife, etc. etc. Black men rarely call those women out of their names. If those were black men with white women they'd be all types of c00ns. You broads are funny.

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
:wow: at you chasing superficial dudes that don't give any substance to maintain a healthy relationship. As long as he 6'5, strong mouthpiece, thuggish, and getting money, he can do anything to you and you still welcome him back. No good personality, no intelligence, just dikk and entertainment.
Some of our black women are so dense.

Black men too but their foolishness is embedded in other areas

Drake is God

Sweeterman
Daps
Reppin
Calabasas
Ain't no way that fine muthafukka had problems dating black women :mjlol:

Y'all dusty nikkas swear any nikka that's not rich ha a hard time with black women. Nah just ur ugly ass. nikkas ain't got no social skills, short as fukk, ugly, cheap, can't fukk then wonder why they struggle with the most innovative magical race of women on earth.
Of course he didn't have any problems dating black women. Some men just like white women only on the internet do people get in their feelings about this.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
You guys just need yo go ahead and be with the White Woman of your dreams, admit you hate Black Women, and admit your bitter about your own insecurities.

Black Women date out the least compared to other races, so I'm not sure where all this bitterness is coming from...

43 pages of c00ning excuses...

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WTF do you mean there was no real preference? If I prefer black women and they aren't responding to my advances am I supposed to summon the 7 dragonballs and wish for an AA queen? Drop out of college and travel across the world searching for black female acceptance?

Just because these broke/unwanted guys are trying to make the best of their environment doesn't make the initial desire for black women void. It just meant those desires were unfulfilled until it was well too late because of course once you start dating different types of women then you will develop more of an appreciation for other races. If "real preference" means black women leaving these guys in a dumpster and then come back years later to claim priority access to the "good ones" who turned out ok then BM definitely aren't the ones being insulting here. Go to any STEM or law program and I guarantee you'll find some virgins, yes even at freaking Harvard.

:salute:so many good points in this thread but these just need to be highlighted even more. Spot on.

You should look up what the word preference means. You are clearly misusing it. Take a woman who says "I preferred Black men my whole life, but they and no other men were into me because I was fat". Then she says "I dropped some weight and started getting attention from Black men and all other men too". Then she finishes up saying, "Now that that's happened, I am just as interested and open to rich White, Asian, and Hispanic men too. Black men aren't getting any special priority with me." How is that a demonstration of preference?

And you can't even say it is you being as loyal as your options, because you didn't have other races of women as options at the same time you didn't have Black women. But suddenly, despite getting increased attention from Black women + those women Black women lost the edge you claimed they had. Truth is they never had an edge in the first place. Sure you would have loved them to give you attention when you were at your lowest, but that is not a statement of preference. Thats why I'm saying you all just need to admit you never preferred Black women in the first place. Its not as if it isn't obvious by the way you talk.

Ya'll argued all night. I've heard said gems said here, I quoted one of them.

@PartyHeart said it's very often that black men would rather marry a dime or something to that effect.

I don't know how old you're supposed to be, when I was 15 I might have said that. I'm okay with an average 6 that I'm not going to be arguing with all the time. Looks shouldn't matter when it comes to marriage. Now looks are the second thing I will consider after we got the personality bit out of the way

HOWEVER, if Suzy Q over there is a 8, and Rebecca Martins is a 7. I'm not giving preferential treatment to a 5-6 just because we share the same skin colour. Probably should've checked for me when I was an awkward skinny college freshman.

Many men have said it in this thread so you need to ask them their ages. And no one is asking anyone to take a "5-6" over a "7-8". Just stop trying to shame Black women who are 7-8s for going after 7-8 men because they didn't accept you at 5-6 either.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I call BS on you not believing there's been backlash for black men dating out on or off television. Interracial coupling period has never been just cool to do and I'm young but for as long as I can remember black women around me have felt like black men with money grab up white women. Do you think Kanye West would end the song "Gold Digger" the way he did if he wasn't exposed to the sentiment rich black men marry out?

You can't sit here and say there's been no backlash on black men dating out when Omari has had to defend his wife, Mike just gave this interview, black feminist Twitter were talking about not supporting Creed over MBJ being in a picture with a white woman and saying in an interview he likes all women.

Are you saying that black men need to deal with somebody with ALL of those traits?

Please learn the difference between real life and TV. I specifically said Black women will say something about Black men in real life interracial relationships. But we don't incessantly complain about television shows like Black men do. Black women are more likely to complain about being continuously phased out and erased from TV than who Black men are portrayed as dating on it.

Black men deal with fat women. Some love it, some hide it some call them "thick". Every black man is not with or expecting video vixen built women because ever black woman ain't even built that way. Frumpy is extreme but if she's not wearing dirty shyt or things that don't fit we don't care about what designer women have on. Most women are awkward. Despite what the Coli says most black deal with single mothers because they're too common not to. You have dudes on here who say they don't care about woman's body count. You have dudes that like women who grew up a tomboyish and aren't extra girly. Submission depends on the man and what he thinks his wife should be doing. But we know girlfriends and wives won't be waiting hand on foot on us. Plenty of dark skin women are getting dated, fukked, seeded, and married, light skin women are not the only women getting attention, you have many dudes on here who vocalize preference for dark skinned women and some go out of their way to antagonize light skinned women.

And the only type of Black men who are getting with these women are thugs and athletes? Be honest with yourself. This is where you all lose all sympathy with me because you can't extend it. You will swear every type of Black women gets love in some way, but flat out deny it happens for Black men. In some weird, incredibly sad "No I'm the ONLY victim here" game. And that's not even the worst part. The worst part is you can't just lie to yourselves about that, you have to take it a step further and blame Black women for non-thug, non-athlete, non-rich, non-professional men supposedly not getting love and then having to go to the much more appreciative and mild tempered non-Black women.

All I wish is that you all would just admit you wanted someone non-Black approval and once you got the resources to get them to look at you twice, you left the community. Just leave.Black women.out.of.it.

And what negative behavior? The man of your dreams not settling down when YOU want him to?

Adding to a lack of family structure in the Black community isn't negative behavior, but a Black woman that has everything going for her that doesn't want to settle for a lower tier Black men is negative behavior that forces Black men who prefer Black women to go outside the race?

Just insanity.

When did I say black women have to fight for top tier black men? Y'ALL perpetuate the idea that you have to fight for him because y'all don't want shyt else out of entitlement. You don't get it because as a woman you don't work to be attractive, you were the moment you grew t*ts. So you don't get why someone who busted his ass to be where he's at doesn't want to rush to give it all up, split it, or miss it's carnal rewards for one person. But no, Idris the surgeon and Denzel the hedge fund manager aren't rushing down the aisle at 30.

And y'all perpetuate the idea that you are entitled to a woman you find attractive or a woman's attention period because you are alive and you are male. The attractive Black woman is going to hold out for the best experiences just like the surgeon and hedge fund manager you just mentioned and justified their actions, are. Despite the fact that you think she just "woke up like this" and doesn't have to work for anything so doesn't deserve to hold out for what she wants, truth is she will anyway. So...maybe tell you and your friends to get over it? Or learn to take your own advice and give the lower middle tier Black woman a chance, and not just to sex, use up, and never marry.

As long as women fight for him, why would he? It's negative to YOU because you don't benefit from it. This thread is 22 pages long BECAUSE black men want black women but if he ain't tall built and balling we have wait our turn?

Yes. Just like Black women have to wait their turn. Its life. You want to talk about that being unfair and wanting to change it, great. I tend to agree. But talk about changing it on both sides. Don't start whining about regular guys not being able to get a shot with top tier girls only to deny the reverse is an issue or even justify those women having to wait around for the top tier guy. Factor in both sides instead of continuing to be so horribly biased. Otherwise, nobody is trying to hear it.

If black men didn't feel alienated or overlooked by black women when he had nothing, no resentment would be harbored when he rises up and had something. You saying I'm exposing black men but really you're exposing the mentality that black women are only obligated to give brothers a chance when he's doing well.

No. For the last time I am exposing that you cannot preach to top tier Black women to give the middle lower class Black man a chance, while justifying top tier Black men whoring for all eternity and not giving up their desire as well. And this is what I was saying earlier. Top tier non-Black men have no problem leading normal lives instead of trying to recreate something in a rap song because they have a little change. The Black community needs to get to the point when stable Black men don't use the knowledge of their rarity to take advantage for as long as possible.

What's that wmen like to say today..."If you can't handle me at my worse you don't deserve me at my best?"

Isn't part of our marriage vows "for rich or for poor"?

Black men aren't even marrying Black women (or any women) at high rates so what do marriage vows have to do with anything lol?

If black men out here felt slighted when they were poor and see the 180 some/many black women do once he's rich, should he settle down because he banks on her still loving him when he loses it all?

Yet, unsurprisingly, the 180 that all non-Black women did doesn't matter once he's rich. Predictable.

Black men love black women but the fact that you need to fit in a narrow ass box makes the shyt hard. Until this is acknowledged and dealt with the disconnect will continue.

If you gave Black Man A a chance when he ain't have shyt you wouldn't have to fight for his attention when he IS THE shyt. I don't understand why that's so difficult to get.

Nothing difficult to get about it actually. What's difficult to get is why you think you are entitled to attention from Black women who are THE shyt already, while thinking you don't owe Black women anything once you are the shyt. You want Black women's loyalty while not offering it back, simple as that. Fortunately for Black men, this is still what is happening today. But the next generation of Black girls from what I've seen do not have time for that. They've grown up seeing the Tommy Sotomayors and Tariq Nasheeds and not to mention the rappers and entertainers downgrading their whole existence simply for being Black and female so they aren't about that long suffering life. So if you think its bad now...

At the end of the day Black men need to reciprocate or stop expecting sympathy for things they aren't willing to give back. Its not working anymore :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Please learn the difference between real life and TV. I specifically said Black women will say something about Black men in real life interracial relationships. But we don't incessantly complain about television shows like Black men do. Black women are more likely to complain about being continuously phased out and erased from TV than who Black men are portrayed as dating on it.

And the only type of Black men who are getting with these women are thugs and athletes? Be honest with yourself. This is where you all lose all sympathy wit because you can't extend it. You will swear every type of Black women gets love in some way, but flat out deny it happens for Black men in some weird, incredibly sad victim game. And that's not even the worst, part the worst part is you can't just lie to yourselves about that, you have to take it a step further and blame Black women for non-thug, non-athlete, non-rich, non-professional men getting love and having to go to the much more appreciative and mild tempered non-Black women. Just admit you're desperate for non-Black approval and leave.Black women.out.of.it.

Adding to a lack of family structure in the Black community isn't negative behavior, but a Black woman that has everything going for her that doesn't want to settle for a lower tier Black men is negative behavior that forces Black men who prefer Black women to go elsewhere?

And y'all perpetuate the idea that you are entitled to a woman you find attractive or a woman's attention period because you are alive and you are male. The attractive woman is going to hold out for the best experiences just like the surgeon and hedge fund manager you just mentioned are. Despite the fact that you think she just "woke up like this" and doesn't have to work for anything, so doesn't deserve to hold out for better, she will anyway. So...maybe tell you and your friends to get over it?

Yes. Just like Black women have to wait their turn. Its life. Again, its life. You want to talk about that being unfair and wanting to change it, great. But talk about changing it on both sides. Don't start whining about regular guys not being able to get a shot with top tier girls only to deny the reverse is an issue or even justify those women having to wait around for the top tier guy. Otherwise, nobody is trying to hear it.

No. For the last time I am exposing that you cannot preach to top tier Black women to give the middle lower class Black man a chance, while justifying top tier Black men whoring for all eternity. And this is what I was saying earlier. Top tier non-Black men have no problem leading normal lives instead of trying to recreate something in a rap song because they have a little change.

Black men aren't even marrying Black women at high rates so what do marriage vows have to do with anything lol?

Yet, unsurprisingly, the 180 that all non-Black women did doesn't matter once he's rich. Predictable.

Nothing difficult to get about it actually. What's difficult to get is why you think you are entitled to attention from Black women who are THE shyt already, while thinking you don't owe Black women shyt once you are the shyt. You want Black women's loyalty while not offering it back, simple as that. Fortunately for Black men, this is still what is happening today. But the next generation of Black girls from what I've seen do not have time for that. They've grown up seeing the Tommy Sotomayors and Tariq Nasheeds and not to mention the rappers and entertainers downgrading their whole existence simply for being Black and female so they aren't about that long suffering life. So if you think its bad now...

At the end of the day Black men need to reciprocate or stop expecting sympathy for things they aren't willing to give back. Its not working anymore :yeshrug:
It took you 2 days to get the last word so you can have it. My posts didn't mention thugs at all. But you got it. Black women have it right and black men have it wrong.