‘Luke Cage’ Actor Michael Colter Responds to Fans Criticizing Him for Marrying a White Woman

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Nope. I call BS. You can't make the false equivalence of people's reaction to something that is happening in real life and is a trend to a TV show. Compare TV show to TV show. There is no outcry when a black man is with a white woman on TV (at least by Black women) and it happens all the time. In fact, half the time black women are the biggest supporters. Happy Endings, Power, The Game, Jessica Jones, and more. Where was the public outcry from black women? Nonexistent. But black men whine about Scandal to this day so much its disgusting.

As for the rest of your post, black women are under no obligation to lower their standards any more than black men are. Again, when black men start telling other black men to work with fat women, black women with no t&a, black women who are frumpy, black women who are awkward, black single mothers, black women with checkered sexual history, black women who aren't submissive, black women who are dark skin without thin features, black women who have hair just as nappy as yours, black women who aren't super feminine in behavior, and all the other types of average black women you all pretend don't exist, then we'll talk. But as it is, you all won't even acknowledge average black women get leapt over by average black men every day. So why should anyone understand your situation when you refuse to understand theirs. You're aiming high, let them.

Last thing that's really funny to me in what you just said too. I was hoping it came up because I noticed the contradiction a long time ago, and sure enough it did. Let me ask you all: How is it that you guys always project every negative behavior black men have onto black women with "if Black women just did this, black men would do that" but only when it suits you? According to this logic, if black women just hold the standards you say we have and stop messing with men who aren't 100k professionals, etc. all black men will rise to the occasion. ...Right? Instead, you all have already revealed earlier in the thread that when black men come up and get more attractive qualities they just get access to more women and reveal their true feelings all along that black women aren't a priority. Basically you all have revealed you want black women to give you a chance when you're at nothing but when you have more she should fight for your attention. Black women should give black men attention no matter where we are in life, but black men should rightfully show no preference for black women once he gets to a better station :laff:

Truth is you never preferred us at all, and you just need to stop blaming us for it.
I call BS on you not believing there's been backlash for black men dating out on or off television. Interracial coupling period has never been just cool to do and I'm young but for as long as I can remember black women around me have felt like black men with money grab up white women. Do you think Kanye West would end the song "Gold Digger" the way he did if he wasn't exposed to the sentiment rich black men marry out?

You can't sit here and say there's been no backlash on black men dating out when Omari has had to defend his wife, Mike just gave this interview, black feminist Twitter were talking about not supporting Creed over MBJ being in a picture with a white woman and saying in an interview he likes all women.

Are you saying that black men need to deal with somebody with ALL of those traits?

Black men deal with fat women. Some love it, some hide it some call them "thick". Every black man is not with or expecting video vixen built women because ever black woman ain't even built that way. Frumpy is extreme but if she's not wearing dirty shyt or things that don't fit we don't care about what designer women have on. Most women are awkward. Despite what the Coli says most black deal with single mothers because they're too common not to. You have dudes on here who say they don't care about woman's body count. You have dudes that like women who grew up a tomboyish and aren't extra girly. Submission depends on the man and what he thinks his wife should be doing. But we know girlfriends and wives won't be waiting hand on foot on us. Plenty of dark skin women are getting dated, fukked, seeded, and married, light skin women are not the only women getting attention, you have many dudes on here who vocalize preference for dark skinned women and some go out of their way to antagonize light skinned women.

And what negative behavior? The man of your dreams not settling down when YOU want him to? Maybe it's because men do things for women's approval. Men initiate, women respond and approve. From the moment he opens his mouth to the moment he's on top of you and skip over his lack of protection and let him run in raw.

When did I say black women have to fight for top tier black men? Y'ALL perpetuate the idea that you have to fight for him because y'all don't want shyt else out of entitlement. You don't get it because as a woman you don't work to be attractive, you were the moment you grew t*ts. So you don't get why someone who busted his ass to be where he's at doesn't want to rush to give it all up, split it, or miss it's carnal rewards for one person. But no, Idris the surgeon and Denzel the hedge fund manager aren't rushing down the aisle at 30. As long as women fight for him, why would he? It's negative to YOU because you don't benefit from it. This thread is 22 pages long BECAUSE black men want black women but if he ain't tall built and balling we have wait our turn? So black women want to talk all the shyt about loyalty they do but can't deal with dudes who are lower middle class cause you think Superman is coming?

If black men didn't feel alienated or overlooked by black women when he had nothing, no resentment would be harbored when he rises up and had something. You saying I'm exposing black men but really you're exposing the mentality that black women are only obligated to give brothers a chance when he's doing well.

What's that wmen like to say today..."If you can't handle me at my worse you don't deserve me at my best?"

Isn't part of our marriage vows "for rich or for poor"?

If black men out here felt slighted when they were poor and see the 180 some/many black women do once he's rich, should he settle down because he banks on her still loving him when he loses it all?

Black men love black women but the fact that you need to fit in a narrow ass box makes the shyt hard. Until this is acknowledged and dealt with the disconnect will continue.

If you gave Black Man A a chance when he ain't have shyt you wouldn't have to fight for his attention when he IS THE shyt. I don't understand why that's so difficult to get.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And I can't stress enough how insulting it is to ask black women to compete for black men once they've made it, while shaming and trying to punish black women who have proverbially "made it" (attractive) for telling black men to compete for them.

there's a pretty big difference, but once again, your female brain cant put two and two together. an attractive woman was more than likely born attractive, she didn't put much work in. especially not compared to a black man that's been grinding hard in school, then work, for 10-20 yrs. the attractive chick never had a problem with affection or attracting the opposite sex. the guy who spent a large part of youth being rejected by the women of his race, will likely hold a grudge against BW. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
DevinBooker_MA3.jpg

When the only black people around look like this remember this thread.

fukk this bedbuck. Imma still watch the show
:camby:If you know where the word "Bedbuck" comes from, you should know it should be reserved for gay Black Men who sleep with White Men.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
As a black man who used to date only white women, I can say white women are great scouts , you csn be strugglkng today, working a avg or crummy jobz be unemployed but if they see potential in you, your still game.

I've dated white women who came from millionaire families, who were doctors, lawyers, accountants and sometimes I didn't even have a penny to my name at that point, no car but still.

However for black women it's somewhat different , but I will say once they get to know you as a person it changes.

I dated a white girl that knew I was broke. This was around 2011 where I just met her by spitting game. She knew I was living with my grandma helping her out, was looking for a job and used my grandma's car to see her when my shyt was broke.

She even offered me gas money a few times and I declined.

I've been fortunate though with women regardless of race knowing they weren't after me for $. My last ex was Hispanic and her and I are both successful in the tech field. I make six figures now but I don't advertise it. Shame because if I felt if we got things right between us she'd be ride or die but such is life :yeshrug:

londonize

Pro
Daps
Exactly, so there is no real preference. If you only "prefer" Black women when you literally have slim to no other options, you don't prefer them at all. And I can't stress enough how insulting it is to ask black women to compete for black men once they've made it, while shaming and trying to punish black women who have proverbially "made it" (attractive) for telling black men to compete for them.

Jesse Williams is a bad example because these men complaining aren't giving full Black women who look like her a chance, period. But they want all the chances in the world when they are broke and unattractive. There is no balance to their viewpoint, they just want black women to give and make allowances while they do nothing of the sort.

Barack is also a bad example, seeing as how he was a freaking Harvard Law student. Despite the lies, most Black women would jump on that.

WTF do you mean there was no real preference? If I prefer black women and they aren't responding to my advances am I supposed to summon the 7 dragonballs and wish for an AA queen? Drop out of college and travel across the world searching for black female acceptance?

Just because these broke/unwanted guys are trying to make the best of their environment doesn't make the initial desire for black women void. It just meant those desires were unfulfilled until it was well too late because of course once you start dating different types of women then you will develop more of an appreciation for other races. If "real preference" means black women leaving these guys in a dumpster and then come back years later to claim priority access to the "good ones" who turned out ok then BM definitely aren't the ones being insulting here. Go to any STEM or law program and I guarantee you'll find some virgins, yes even at freaking Harvard.

Black men deal with fat women. Some love it, some hide it some call them "thick". Every black man is not with or expecting video vixen built women because ever black woman ain't even built that way. Frumpy is extreme but if she's not wearing dirty shyt or things that don't fit we don't care about what designer women have on. Most women are awkward. Despite what the Coli says most black deal with single mothers because they're too common not to. You have dudes on here who say they don't care about woman's body count. You have dudes that like women who grew up a tomboyish and aren't extra girly. Submission depends on the man and what he thinks his wife should be doing. But we know girlfriends and wives won't be waiting hand on foot on us. Plenty of dark skin women are getting dated, fukked, seeded, and married, light skin women are not the only women getting attention, you have many dudes on here who vocalize preference for dark skinned women and some go out of their way to antagonize light skinned women.

If black men didn't feel alienated or overlooked by black women when he had nothing, no resentment would be harbored when he rises up and had something. You saying I'm exposing black men but really you're exposing the mentality that black women are only obligated to give brothers a chance when he's doing well.

If you gave Black Man A a chance when he ain't have shyt you wouldn't have to fight for his attention when he IS THE shyt. I don't understand why that's so difficult to get.

:salute:so many good points in this thread but these just need to be highlighted even more. Spot on.

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I have a good friend who's a freelance writer and heavy into social and political pieces, very pro black and even organises Black Lives Matter chapter rallies in the UK and generally all about raising awarness.

And he married a white girl (Not even PAWing like real regular white girl) cause they met at the same job and found out she does a lot of humans rights stuff (real kind hippy type but mad cool though)

Funny thing is he's always teasing mixed race dudes and talking about sellouts (very much Coli militant) and everyone is like "yo you married a white girl?":dwillhuh:

And he's rebutting always like : She's down for the cause more than you'll ever know :ufdup:"

:dead:

To some the cause is real no matter, so I dont think it makes you less black if you do marry a white girl. You just meet who you meet I guess :ehh:

EndGame

Superstar
Daps
I guess Black women can marry white and still be down for the Black community. :ehh: