‘Luke Cage’ Actor Michael Colter Responds to Fans Criticizing Him for Marrying a White Woman

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
DevinBooker_MA3.jpg

When the only black people around look like this remember this thread.

fukk this bedbuck. Imma still watch the show
they won't look like this for long, because he will end up with a white woman also...you gonna have white people walking around talking about 'I'm 1/16 Black, I can say nikka!"

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Unless the black woman/women in question is just straight-up attractive, they are not going through their college years/young adulthood unapproached. And I don't believe the myth that dimes are never approached either. And as far as the the black professionals your friends dealt with, maybe that is common. I'm not one so I can't use guy talk at lunch to tell you. But that goes back to points made in the independent woman thread last week; why the fixation on "professional" black men which is usually code for six figure career or close to it? Is a black man in that bracket the only form of quality?

I'm not saying black women don't have a set of challenges in modern dating but I and it seems like other brehs here feel as if black women don't admit to things that may have certain brothers feeling disconnected which might lead to Michael Coultiers, Omar Hardwicks, Robert Griffins, Kents, or whoever else.

I do agree there is a double standard on the Coli with interracial relationships.

That's what they define as quality, even though the breh's character may be awful, etc.

As long as he's "professional" and makes "good" money, he's a catch!

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good analogy!

Black men aren't complicated. If a woman invested in him from the beginning, he's going to rock with her.
No he isn't!:comeon:

The only people who do that are entertainers, and that's because so many people are out to get them, so its more safe to be with someone who knows you before the fame.

A man who gets money has a world opened to him that he never had before, and trying to get all types of p*ssy. Once he gets used to that, THEN he will settle down, but by then his first chick is gone, because most men aren't getting money until their 30's,and up. If he goes back to the chick, she will do the same thing because money changes people.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your problem is you think black women should have preferential treatment. You want white hoes, asian hoes and latina hoes to have common stock,

No woman who isn't low self esteem should want preferential treatment from any man who casually refers to women as hoes.

Unless the black woman/women in question is just straight-up attractive, they are not going through their college years/young adulthood unapproached. And I don't believe the myth that dimes are never approached either. And as far as the the black professionals your friends dealt with, maybe that is common. I'm not one so I can't use guy talk at lunch to tell you. But that goes back to points made in the independent woman thread last week; why the fixation on "professional" black men which is usually code for six figure career or close to it? Is a black man in that bracket the only form of quality?

I'm not saying black women don't have a set of challenges in modern dating but I and it seems like other brehs here feel as if black women don't admit to things that may have certain brothers feeling disconnected which might lead to Michael Coultiers, Omar Hardwicks, Robert Griffins, Kents, or whoever else.

I do agree there is a double standard on the Coli with interracial relationships.

I'm not saying unequivocally that these women aren't being approached. Although contrary to what men think, many women are not, especially if they are unattractive or often even when they are attractive but have 'intimidating' qualities. But still, you guys fail to talk about who they are being approached by and for what.

Being approached by bums is not a win to most women. Being approached by successful Black men who only want to use you for sex is not a win. Men and women don't view attention from the opposite sex in the same way in that many men think any attention is good attention and welcome.

And I will answer the question about the fixation on professional Black men as soon as you guys answer why the fixation on "attractive" Black women lol. Men feel they are entitled to a woman they find attractive, women feel entitled to a man they find successful. So unless you're willing to negotiate on your bare minimum requirement...

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Men feel they are entitled to a woman they find attractive, women feel entitled to a man they find successful. So unless you're willing to negotiate on your bare minimum requirement...

:dahell:

Men rarely feel entitled to attractive women. We know we have to put in work to get that woman.

Black women, on the other hand, feel that a successful Black man should give them a chance just because they share the same skin color!

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Non black women are much easier to date. I would never marry or procreate with a non african. But cave thots would cuff a homeless nikka in a blink of am eye. Most black women I know are primarily interested in shyt like status, looks, money ect)

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being approached by bums is not a win to most women. Being approached by successful Black men who only want to use you for sex is not a win. Men and women don't view attention from the opposite sex in the same way in that many men think any attention is good attention and welcome.

If I approach, its because I want sex, straight up, BUT its how you act before, and after sex, that decides if I want to go further. A lot of women are boring, and don't make good wife material. They don't want to accept this, though. They really think cooking, and cleaning, is all you need. Their characters are lacking big time.

I can play with ya, but I don't to stay with ya:francis:

We can be friends, right?:steviej:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Non black women are much easier to date. I would never marry or procreate with a non african. But cave thots would cuff a homeless nikka in a blink of am eye. Most black women I know are primarily interested in shyt like status, looks, money ect)
I see you never been to the upperwest side:ufdup:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell:

Men rarely feel entitled to attractive women. We know we have to put in work to get that woman.

Black women, on the other hand, feel that a successful Black man should give them a chance just because they share the same skin color!
Most women that look good feel like that.

Turn down a white chick who lives in Manhattan, and see what looks she gives you.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I see you never been to the upperwest side:ufdup:
Upper West side of where? :ohhh:

Anyway I'm mainly speaking from college experience. Non africans are very easy to get along with. And white hoes especially have basically no standards. The hardest women to impress have always been black women. U gotta come correct with them. But non africans have no swag so basically any nikka can :eat:. with that said. fukk this buck and his cave thot wife:stopitslime:.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I dont care

Just finished the series... It was great and VERY pro-black... Even though it showed a lot of problems with the black community and their mentalities.. It had a positive and VERY real pro-black message and history...

Besides, Luke in the comics married Jessica Jones and had a child together. In the series, he dates (or fukks) a lot of different types. Jessica was white, Misty is black, Claire (night nurse) is cuban, his OG wife was black, his original love interest in JJ series was black, etc.

Dude was the prime specimen of a black man. If his real wife in real life held him down for 16 years.. Shes worth sticking with no matter the skin color

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Upper West side of where? :ohhh:

Anyway I'm mainly speaking from college experience. Non africans are very easy to get along with. And white hoes especially have basically no standards. The hardest women to impress have always been black women. U gotta come correct with them. But non africans have no swag so basically any nikka can :eat:. with that said. fukk this buck and his cave thot wife:stopitslime:.
NYC

Yeah, I can admit white chicks at a young age are easy to get along with, but that is good, and bad. The good is we aint arguing all the time. The bad is she holds shyt in, and when she brings it out, you are the worse thing moving. If you a black man, you know what that mean

HELLO, O.J.:to:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
No woman who isn't low self esteem should want preferential treatment from any man who casually refers to women as hoes.

I'm not saying unequivocally that these women aren't being approached. Although contrary to what men think, many women are not, especially if they are unattractive or often even when they are attractive but have 'intimidating' qualities. But still, you guys fail to talk about who they are being approached by and for what.

And I will answer the question about the fixation on professional Black men as soon as you guys answer why the fixation on "attractive" Black women lol. Men feel they are entitled to a woman they find attractive, women feel entitled to a man they find successful. So unless you're willing to negotiate on your bare minimum requirement...
What is a bum exactly? For dudes like Mike and Omar they were educated but going after goals that don't pay directly out of school. Now I'm not gonna act like being in your late 20's and broke is cool but we can't wag fingers at a dude riding with the woman who rode with him when he had nothing.

As far as the "used for sex" thing, that has a few sub-points for me but in a nutshell the top 10-20% of men of any race are not rushing to choose one. Period. I don't know the age your 2 friends are or the men they were dealing with but that's just a reality.

Attractiveness is variable and subjective, especially considering men don't need 9s and 10's. Most men will and are working with strong 6s in the looks department who treat them well. Black men don't expect prime Nia or Halle. But on the other side of the table there's a fixation on six figure brothers who on top that need to be tall, dark, handsome with his ball-playing body still in tact.

Black women have to stop expecting men at the top of the food chain to automatically pick them, or in personal cases, forget when they were studying/grinding and too broke to afford nice clothes to impress women or consistent dates to appease the antiquated concepts of courtship. When men go through that they aren't incentivized to narrow their dating pool let alone pick a wife when they spent their 20's lonely every weekend.

If brehs were getting love while struggling we wouldn't be able to say anything.