‘Luke Cage’ Actor Michael Colter Responds to Fans Criticizing Him for Marrying a White Woman

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Dude look blacker than night. I thought his hand was a glove once watching Jessica Jones. You looking at dude now. He could've been skinny and lanky, no muscles, bad clothes, no swag, no money, driving a piece of shyt car etc. It's easy for you to say this now he's a famous millionaire :mjlol:
Stop making up excuses for his c00ning

Plenty of broke Amistad looking nikkas get love from sistas

You muthafukkas spend any time around Black women?

c00ns making excuses for other c00ns.. as usual

Some other dumb nikka brought up Omar from Power

Sistas weren't checking for him either?:usure:

:heh:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
I have a friend who is a, huge geek, 33, virgin makes about 75k a year who has never had a black woman interested in him romantically until not to long ago. He was over weight but now he's about 190 and in shape, and he's never had a black woman interested in him romantically long term until like 4 years ago.

He loves black women, I worked with him for like a year, I watched him interact with all people. I watched a white woman get close and ask him out. I watched him ask a black woman out, before that happen. She and the click had no interest in him which is fine. Every black woman doesn't have to like every black male. But after word out that he was going out with the white woman from HR and got a promotion all of a sudden he started catching shade. I literally watch this happen and discussed it with him..

I got another job shortly after and he transferred so it never played out completely.

I also have my own work and random experiences with this.

I dont know why black women act like black men make this up.

Its where alot of self hate and hate for black women come from with black males that aren't really "trendy" or "cool" and it doesn't really go away until like you hit your late 20's. Or they get with these white/asian or whatever chicks and then spew hate to other young black males and females. :smh:

I'm not sure to be completely honest, I saw it quoted somewhere either here or on FB.

shyt's disgusting

DarkHorse23

Banned
Daps
I doubt it but whatever. I'll be happy one day when black women stop making a big deal over this shyt. It's annoying, and I hate how pathetic it makes us look.

Most black women are in denial and love to deflect. That includes you unfortunately.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
this right here is factuals...

you forgot the part where he was a struggling grad student. most women ain't checking for that. especially college educated blk women..
his now wife did...

no different then when Omari Hardwick was a struggling actor living out his car, his now wife was riding with him tho ....
but all ppl can see is race...

Omari wife look beat in the face but, she was down for him. Dude was in Floetry videos broke as shyt. You could use the same argument...no way a handsome cat like that was single....but, he was 30 years old and BROKE. I think Denzel Washington let him stay in his house for a couple months when he moved to LA because he ironically ended up coaching Denzel's son (Ricky from Ballers) high school football team but, yea, most chicks wouldn't be feeling no 30 year old homeless nikka moving to LA to chase dreams. But when they see him with a white girl 8 years later, they screaming and hollering. Cmon man. Stop.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
Boiiii

I bet he's happy he doesn't have social media :wow:

Anyway....

fukk them ol unhappy ass chicks

Wouldn't even bat an eyelid :skip:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think intelligence for most people is judged on how you utilize it. The way in which it was used and the results that it produced, is what your intelligence will be judged by.

The same women who see intelligence in a guy who's good in science, may not be attracted to them the same way that they would see a guy use it as an entertainer of an athlete. Check Howard Garner's list of multiple intelligences.
I get that, but I don't understand how it pertains to what we were talking about?

My point was a lot of black men who are considered successful in the corporate world, want women who have all eyes on them, while ignoring the chicks who will truly appreciate them because those chicks are just regular. Then they get mad if they don't measure up to what SHE wants, and she doesn't want them. If she is a "bad bytch", chances are you aren't the only man chasing her that has money, so you have to more in your character.

White women are the same way, unless you look at those who come from money, and just want that "white house, picket fense" shyt.

When it comes to immigrants, they are different. They tend to stick together, and date men who have more status because they are trying to come up with someone from the same culture being that theirs is so different from the norm. After a while, shyt changes for them also once you go down in generations who are from here, but if they come from money, they will want the same as the upperclass white chicks, black chicks, latin chicks,etc.

If you think a black chick in "jack n jill" wants to marry a guy who stays in jail, you are bugging!

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I'm not going to lie, I don't believe you, especially after your other post that she was cute and in shape and all the men wanted her, but she decided on a fat, geeky Black man. Sounds like fan fic, but if you say so. Either way, my point is that what I see is that a Black man will not possess qualities that are universally attractive to all women, but as he gets older and gets those qualities to begin to attract women, he will only hold it against Black women for not accepting him before he was attractive. Every other woman will still be in play once he does get those attractive qualities, but Black women will be excluded for doing the same thing every other woman was doing when he was broke, fat, and socially awkward.

At the end of the day, if you all are going to stick by the lie that quality Black men are being passed on for thugs so quality Black men have no choice but to continuously seek out white women, at least allow Black women that same excuse and stop crying every other minute about "bed wenches".
The thing is outside of gift of gab/"game", a lot of these traits are outside traits; physqiue, height, clothing, which is something a great deal of black women put a premium on. Go to the Dealing With Women thread and various other threads and see how brehs stress the gym, clothing, fresh cut/line up and "swagger" because they know the importance. They don't make the advice and anecdotes race-specific but all the game and tools brehs share are primarily drawn from what they saw were successful with black women, in addition to the sentiment here that one should only be dealing with them.

Now I haven't dated a white woman but it's pretty telling how dudes who are deemed "corny" by us for lacking the external facets can get white women. So it seems as if the priority levels are not universal for all women...maybe other brehs who spent greater time on college campuses can attest to this or say I'm wrong...

Also black women cannot get a similar pass off the mere fact that men approach women so we know they had brothers approaching them, especially celebrity women are usually attractive. And I'm not one of the posters who throw "bedwench" around so I'm not defending the rampant use of the term.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's fine, they are still "friends" now. She has two kids and divorced if that's means anything lol. She aint no model but she was definitely in shape and she is cute for a white chick.

I actually don't really care about any of this, people going to do what they do and all ways will. :manny:

But when you have black men telling you over and over this is happening in similar fashion and situations and you say yeah "but, if, the reason why" Just remember alot of white people feel that same way about cops targeting and gunning us down in the streets. We give them video footage and evidence time after time and its "well if he would have just" or " I just don't believe cops are targeting and shooting black people more than...."

If you say so. Just apply the same logic and defend Black women who marry white men too I guess. Especially when they are dark skin, since there's plenty of actual evidence, not just anecdotal like you've given, that Black men ignore dark skin Black women. Just be fair :manny:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I get that, but I don't understand how it pertains to what we were talking about?

My point was a lot of black men who are considered successful in the corporate world, want women who have all eyes on them, while ignoring the chicks who will truly appreciate them because those chicks are just regular. Then they get mad if they don't measure up to what SHE wants, and she doesn't want them. If she is a "bad bytch", chances are you aren't the only man chasing her that has money, so you have to more in your character.

White women are the same way, unless you look at those who come from money, and just want that "white house, pink finse" shyt.

When it comes to immigrants, they are different. They tend to stick together, and date men who have more status because they are trying to come up with someone from the same culture being that theirs is so different from the norm. After a while, shyt changes for them also once you go down in generations who are from here, but if they come from money, they will want the same as the upperclass white chicks, black chicks, latin chicks,etc.

If you think a black chick in "jack n jill" wants to marry a guy who stays in jail, you are bugging!

I think that it's pretty clear--women are attracted to "intelligence" but not all "intellect" is the same, nor is it used the same nor does it all yield the same results.

Some women are attracted to "street smarts" as opposed to "book smarts", some races and cultures of women prefer one over the other.

DarkHorse23

Banned
Daps
Ain't no way that fine muthafukka had problems dating black women :mjlol:

Y'all dusty nikkas swear any nikka that's not rich ha a hard time with black women. Nah just ur ugly ass. nikkas ain't got no social skills, short as fukk, ugly, cheap, can't fukk then wonder why they struggle with the most innovative magical race of women on earth.

kvKXd.gif

IWunD3r

Superstar
Daps
Omari wife look beat in the face but, she was down for him. Dude was in Floetry videos broke as shyt. You could use the same argument...no way a handsome cat like that was single....but, he was 30 years old and BROKE. I think Denzel Washington let him stay in his house for a couple months when he moved to LA because he ironically ended up coaching Denzel's son (Ricky from Ballers) high school football team but, yea, most chicks wouldn't be feeling no 30 year old homeless nikka moving to LA to chase dreams. But when they see him with a white girl 8 years later, they screaming and hollering. Cmon man. Stop.

these whining hallucinating, delusions of grandeur ass bytches need to grow up. these hoes did the samething to kendrick lamar when they found out who his girl was, and she's not even white... the same bytches talking that, "what about the sistas" stay bashing jessie Willams wife...who's a blk woman.

alotta these hoes are just mentally sick, and should be ignored. they'll find something to be miserable about... avoid them like the plague they are

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think that it's pretty clear--women are attracted to "intelligence" but not all "intellect" is the same, nor is it used the same nor does it all yield the same results.

Some women are attracted to "street smarts" as opposed to "book smarts", some races and cultures of women prefer one over the other.
But that's my point. A chick who is upperclass could careless about street smarts once she hits a certain age.

A black chick might like it more then a white chick, but that is because chances are she goes places where its needed. A white chick can just stay in the suburbs all day, so she could care less. The same for an Asian chick. A latin chick would think just like a black chick, because chances are her family lives where the shyt is needed. Or she parties where its needed.

I feel like some of yall are not living in the u.s.a. to be talking like this. As a man, you should know this off top:what:

DarkHorse23

Banned
Daps
Man I'm sorry, but this "She held me down" excuse is just ANOTHER way of perpetuating a stereotype that Black men don't see Black women as viable life partners.

NO woman can hold a black man down like a BLACK woman. I believe this with EVERY fiber of my being.

Mike you did good work on Luke Cage, but you and the rest of the cornball brother brigade (RG3, Daymond John, Tiger Woods, Taye Diggs) can take that white devil loving bullshyt the fukk up outta here. When those women's uncles, brothers, and fathers are hunting down your nephews and brothers and murdering them in the street then remember just how well your being "held" down....

Very mature. Call men of your own race names. Smh.