‘Luke Cage’ Actor Michael Colter Responds to Fans Criticizing Him for Marrying a White Woman

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How did the white chick look compared to the black chick?

You can't just say it was about race. Maybe the black chick he asked could get better quality of men, and the white one couldn't. Or she just wanted to try some black dikk, and he wasn't threatening. You can't just say it was just a black chick didn't want him, and white chick did.

Let's be real, in the black community the women have more choice of men then white women. You could be fat, and still get men hitting on you. A white chick is not gonna have it so easy. her choices are bottom of the barrel white men, black men, and latins. I'm not trying to be funny, this shyt is real. When a white chick even hits a weight that isn't fat to us, white men will make her feel like shyt, so they go to us to feel better about themselves. Some black men are so blind to this that they just think white chicks are treating them better because they are white, when its really because she has no other choices like that.

The white chick was cute and in shape, it made no sense as to why she would want to date/sleep with him to be honest. No hate on my homie, but yeah she definitely wasn't struggling as she was often the talk of the lunch area among the dudes. I think that's the only reason shade really started.

She might have wanted a lay from a non threatening black dude, whatever the reason its something that he couldn't get from black women. And if he was just looking for sex and a white woman would have been his 1st I can see how that would royally screw up someone's out look.

Like I said, people like who they like but acting funny after the fact to him made no sense. Its not like he turned her down or anyone of her friends yet there it was.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most white women in college (with CAC male students around) aren't out dating a club promoter or some other off campus dude, breh.

I've known plenty of Black women in college who do or have done this shyt.

White women tend to break out of that silly shyt earlier than Black women.
Or course, its more of them, but they don't have to do club promoters, they're white, so they have men who have better jobs. This should be well known:what:

Did you forget we are living in the U.S.A?:patrice:

They have no choice but to break out if earlier if they want to snag their husbands fast. Black women have to get it themselves. Support from a man isn't even a thought, and it shouldn't, this aint the 60's.

I don't see quality in any race of women in this country, so if I find the right one i don't give a fukk what anyone says, I'm gonna be happy. The pickings really are slim out here, at least for me, but I'm just gonna change my game, not cry about it.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Nah, its the same, unless you are talking about immigrants who have low numbers here or don't assimilate.

If what you say is true, the places they come from would be heaven, but its far from that.

A lot of black women love an intelligent man, but they aren't the ones to catch your eye as quickly as the chicks who want the fast life. Those women love an intelligent man as long as he stays in his place by not telling them what to do, how to spend their money, and just give her the good life. I can admit I fell for these women, and ignored the regular chicks who would appreciate me, but its hard when the chick just wants to look regular, and I love that girly girl look. The shyt was my fault, I can admit it. Now, i'm looking for regualr chicks who can look good, but know when to chill with the shyt.

Ok, I disagree though. Masculinity and femininity are defined differently amongst cultures. Sure women love intelligent men, but "intelligence" is defined differently amongst different cultures and races of women. I personally, don't think "attractiveness" is a universal trait.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yeshrug: the way things are...many successful black people have no choice but too date IR...useless they really go out their way too connect to another successful black person

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, he was overweight when this all happen.
He didn't go to the white women the woman asked him.
He asked one of the black women out before the white chick asked him out.
Its by choice actually for sure, because the same white chick that asked him out wanted to have sex with him.
He say's he wants to wait until marriage.

This was all in about a years time.

He got in shape after that btw (He wasn't sloppy overweight either, just a chubby fat lol)

I'm not going to lie, I don't believe you, especially after your other post that she was cute and in shape and all the men wanted her, but she decided on a fat, geeky Black man. Sounds like fan fic, but if you say so. Either way, my point is that what I see is that a Black man will not possess qualities that are universally attractive to all women, but as he gets older and gets those qualities to begin to attract women, he will only hold it against Black women for not accepting him before he was attractive. Every other woman will still be in play once he does get those attractive qualities, but Black women will be excluded for doing the same thing every other woman was doing when he was broke, fat, and socially awkward.

At the end of the day, if you all are going to stick by the lie that quality Black men are being passed on for thugs so quality Black men have no choice but to continuously seek out white women, at least allow Black women that same excuse and stop crying every other minute about "bed wenches".

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok, I disagree though. Masculinity and femininity are defined differently amongst cultures. Sure women love intelligent men, but "intelligence" is defined differently amongst different cultures and races of women. I personally, don't think "attractiveness" is a universal trait.
I don't get this. Intelligence is just knowing how to put shyt together using your brain without needing to be guided. If you can show you know how to think, most chicks will think your intelligent, regardless of where she comes from.

Attractiveness is universal because its just means what you are attracted to, its not just looks.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I don't get this. Intelligence is just knowing how to put shyt together using your brain without needing to be guided. If you can show you know how to think, most chicks will think your intelligent, regardless of where she comes from.

Attractiveness is universal because its just means what you are attracted to, its not just looks.
I think intelligence for most people is judged on how you utilize it. The way in which it was used and the results that it produced, is what your intelligence will be judged by.

The same women who see intelligence in a guy who's good in science, may not be attracted to them the same way that they would see a guy use it as an entertainer of an athlete. Check Howard Garner's list of multiple intelligences.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
A tall muscular black man wasn't getting checked for by black women??? :mjlol: The lies you guys tell.

I don't care how broke that dude was, I highly doubt he ever had any issues getting women.

Dude look blacker than night. I thought his hand was a glove once watching Jessica Jones. You looking at dude now. He could've been skinny and lanky, no muscles, bad clothes, no swag, no money, driving a piece of shyt car etc. It's easy for you to say this now he's a famous millionaire :mjlol:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not going to lie, I don't believe you, especially after your other post that she was cute and in shape and all the men wanted her, but she decided on a fat, geeky Black man. Sounds like fan fic, but if you say so. Either way, my point is that what I see is that a Black man will not possess qualities that are universally attractive to all women, but as he gets older and gets those qualities to begin to attract women, he will only hold it against Black women for not accepting him before he was attractive. Every other woman will still be in play once he does get those attractive qualities, but Black women will be excluded for doing the same thing every other woman was doing when he was broke, fat, and socially awkward.

At the end of the day, if you all are going to stick by the lie that quality Black men are being passed on for thugs, so quality Black men have no choice but continuously seek out white women, at least allow Black women that same excuse and stop crying every other minute about "bed wenches".
My thing is if you believe that black women love thugs over "quality" black men, why don't you study thugs, and get what they have?

If you are so smart, you should be able to do this with no problem. I went through all stages, and did it(the hard way), why can't these guys do it?

What women told me was they felt comfortable talking to me, and I knew how to converse, but to me I just looked at them like regular people. All that worshiping them shyt was not me, I told them how I felt, but I was respectful about it. Some of the things women tell me that men do to sleep with them is crazy. Some men are just creepy, especially the "good ones", they really think by playing the gentleman role, that she will love them, but they forget she has all types of men coming at her, so you have to have something that will make her notice you while still being YOU, not an act. I read these comments on Instagram, and its just sad. How can you be a man, and be so simpish, and show your face? If I think like this, imagine how a lady does.

I think a lot of men don't want to look t themselves, and blame women for everything. Women do the same shyt, except they blame men for their downfalls, and poor choices. Same day, just different shyt.

DarkHorse23

Banned
Daps
I'll always roll my eyes at interracial relationships and the excuses black folks make for not dating their own but it is what it is :manny:.

He did good work with this show and I'm proud of him and everyone else involved with the project. The show is flames :blessed:

Instead of worrying about who is in interracial relationships, celebrate black love :ahh:

4t4mjr.jpg

Why would you roll your eyes? He married the woman who stood by him through thick and thin. Most black women or bytches like @BlackPearl only wanna be around when shyt is gravy. Kudos to him.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Ain't no way that fine muthafukka had problems dating black women :mjlol:

Y'all dusty nikkas swear any nikka that's not rich ha a hard time with black women. Nah just ur ugly ass. nikkas ain't got no social skills, short as fukk, ugly, cheap, can't fukk then wonder why they struggle with the most innovative magical race of women on earth.

All this hostility and disrespect yet, they c00ns for not dating yall after they come up in life :wow:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

At the end of the day, if you all are going to stick by the lie that quality Black men are being passed on for thugs, so quality Black men have no choice but continuously seek out white women, at least allow Black women that same excuse and stop crying every other minute about "bed wenches".
That's fine, they are still "friends" now. She has two kids and divorced if that's means anything lol. She aint no model but she was definitely in shape and she is cute for a white chick.

I actually don't really care about any of this, people going to do what they do and all ways will. :manny:

But when you have black men telling you over and over this is happening in similar fashion and situations and you say yeah "but, if, the reason why" Just remember alot of white people feel that same way about cops targeting and gunning us down in the streets. We give them video footage and evidence time after time and its "well if he would have just" or " I just don't believe cops are targeting and shooting black people more than...."