‘Luke Cage’ Actor Michael Colter Responds to Fans Criticizing Him for Marrying a White Woman

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
A lot of black people(male or female over value white). We live in a society where white is seen as the best of the best. Notice how you don't see other races dating each other like that. Every time I see an Indian chick with a non Indian, he is always white, Asian, same shyt, black people, same shyt....at this point, I don't care. These people will have their wake up call when they are that black grandfather in a white family.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
:heh: heck, not even fame and fortune, just be over 30 and have your act together.

I don't care what anyone says, and I've told this story multiple times...but when I was in undergrad and grad school, I swear on a stack of Qurans that the black male computer science/pharmacy/math/econ/engineering/business majors were pretty much on their own on Saturday night....while I literally saw the black women on campus (both scholars and hoodrats) bringing men from the hood a few miles away onto the campus to be with.

When I was in HS, there were two BM from a class that graduated after me who went onto Princeton...I knew them both while they were in HS, and neither one of them dudes attracted BW at all...needless to say when I check up with them on FB, I see one of them works for NASA and has a Asian wife...the other is an orthepdic surgeon married to a white woman.

I don't judge them, because I understand why after seeing it for what it was

It's the truth.

A lot of these Black women with degrees complaining about not having solid Black men to choose from are some of the main ones who passed over fellow Black male students to deal with knuckleheads off campus or club promoters.

A Black man shouldn't have to defend who he shares his bed with so long as he's not throwing Black women under the bus.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Come on man, most black women are getting with black men. There is, and will always, be "black love". If a few marry out, so. Maybe they are made for them, its life. Black people aren't going anywhere.

I think people just want attention, and mad for no reason. Now, if this was Brazil, and people did everything to not be black, then i would understand, but its not, so lets stop exaggerating things.

This is true. But, the angry Black women don't want to hear that. They see one celebrity Black male dating a white woman and use that to paint all Black men a certain way.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
It's the truth.

A lot of these Black women with degrees complaining about not having solid Black men to choose from are some of the main ones who passed over fellow Black male students to deal with knuckleheads off campus or club promoters.

A Black man shouldn't have to defend who he shares his bed with so long as he's not throwing Black women under the bus.
Tis what it is...I personally saw it myself.:manny:

And quite honestly, we'll never reach a solution until many of these women simply admit it and change.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't even think you realize that you gave evidence against your point. Why did he go to a white woman once he lost the weight and became more attractive? They obviously were not beating down his door when he was fat either, thus why he was 33 years old and a virgin when I'm sure it wasn't by choice. But once he lost the weight, it was immediately white woman time? And you think people are wrong for questioning that :heh:

No, he was overweight when this all happen.
He didn't go to the white women the woman asked him.
He asked one of the black women out before the white chick asked him out.
Its by choice actually for sure, because the same white chick that asked him out wanted to have sex with him.
He say's he wants to wait until marriage.

This was all in about a years time.

He got in shape after that btw (He wasn't sloppy overweight either, just a chubby fat lol)

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's the truth.

Listen, I'm not saying black women are right, BUT don't you think they have a right to want someone who gets them wet, just like everyone else?

A white woman doesn't want a lame, so why should a black women want one?

What i don't get is, if you are a black man, you have an edge with having some swag just based on how most of us grew up, which is why lames can still get some white women just acting. A lot of these guys who complain don't hit the gym, don't know how to converse with women because they are too damn serious, and they expect more then what they bring to the table as far as character.

I guess this is just how people are, they blame instead of changing to win.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tis what it is...I personally saw it myself.:manny:

And quite honestly, we'll never reach a solution until many of these women simply admit it and change.

I've seen it, too.

Black women like want to have their cake and eat it, too.

They want to have their fun in their prime years and get a "prime" dude in their decline years.

Then, hypocritically, they want to shame "prime" dude for having fun in his prime years! A 30+ year old Black man will get called all kinds of names for not settling down during his prime with women who are no longer at their best.

Yet, those same women, when they were at their best, did not want to give the same Black man a chance when he wasn't at his best.

It's incredibly selfish on the part of Black women.

Michael Colter is giving his prime to a woman who believed in him and gave him a chance when she was in her prime (and he was a struggling actor--not in his prime).

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Listen, I'm not saying black women are right, BUT don't you think they have a right to want someone who gets them wet, just like everyone else?

What i don't get is, if you are a black man, you have an edge with having some swag just based on how most of us grew up, which is why lames can still get some white women just acting. A lot of these guys who complain don't hit the gym, don't know how to converse with women because they are too damn serious, and they expect more then what they bring to the table as far as character.

No one saying attraction is not a factor.

Black women should just be honest with themselves about it.

Don't be out here saying you want one thing in man when your track record suggests you desire otherwise.

That's like Indian women saying they want doctors, lawyers, engineers, professors, entrepreneurs as husbands (which they typically do in their culture), but continuously get knocked up by men who are the complete opposite!

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, he was overweight when this all happen.
He didn't go to the white women the woman asked him.
He asked one of the black women out before the white chick asked him out.
Its by choice actually for sure, because the same white chick that asked him out wanted to have sex with him.
He say's he wants to wait until marriage.

This was all in about a years time.

He got in shape after that btw (He wasn't sloppy overweight either, just a chubby fat lol)
How did the white chick look compared to the black chick?

You can't just say it was about race. Maybe the black chick he asked could get better quality of men, and the white one couldn't. Or she just wanted to try some black dikk, and he wasn't threatening. You can't just say it was just a black chick didn't want him, and white chick did.

Let's be real, in the black community the women have more choice of men then white women. You could be fat, and still get men hitting on you. A white chick is not gonna have it so easy. her choices are bottom of the barrel white men, black men, and latins. I'm not trying to be funny, this shyt is real. When a white chick even hits a weight that isn't fat to us, white men will make her feel like shyt, so they go to us to feel better about themselves. Some black men are so blind to this that they just think white chicks are treating them better because they are white, when its really because she has no other choices like that.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S

Absolutely, I'm not passing judgement on these women. If a "thug" makes em wet, then so be it...God gave them a clit for a reason :manny:

With white women...it's the same deal...date who you like, don't date who you don't like.

I don't necessarily agree with the SWAG comments either....for some people being "smart" and/or "shy (aka "lame") is "swag" to someone else, unfortunately, that's not swag for many of the women in our race, but it is for women of other races.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one saying attraction is not a factor.

Black women should just be honest with themselves about it.

Don't be out here saying you want one thing in man when your track record suggests you desire otherwise.

That's like Indian women saying they want doctors, lawyers, engineers, professors, entrepreneurs as husbands (which they typically do in their culture), but continuously get knocked up by men who are the complete opposite!
In India, I'm sure they do the same thing. You are comparing a population of 3 million to over 46 million.

Plus they chose to come here, which means they are different then the average Indian. This goes for any immigrant.

The only people we could compare to is whites, since we both have been here for the longest, and white women go through the same thing. I listen to Tom Leykis, and he says the same shyt just for white men, and he reads articles with white women complaining about the same shyt black women complain about, for the most part.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
In India, I'm sure they do the same thing. You are comparing a population of 3 million to over 46 million.

Plus they chose to come here, which means they are different then the average Indian. This goes for any immigrant.

The only people we could compare to is whites, since we both have been here for the longest, and white women go through the same thing. I listen to Tom Leykis, and he says the same shyt just for white men, and he reads articles with white women complaining about the same shyt black women complain about, for the most part.

Most white women in college (with CAC male students around) aren't out dating a club promoter or some other off campus dude, breh.

I've known plenty of Black women in college who do or have done this shyt.

White women tend to break out of that silly shyt earlier than Black women.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Absolutely, I'm not passing judgement on these women. If a "thug" makes em wet, then so be it...God gave them a clit for a reason :manny:

With white women...it's the same deal...date who you like, don't date who you don't like.

I don't necessarily agree with the SWAG comments either....for some people being "smart" and/or "shy (aka "lame") is "swag" to someone else, unfortunately, that's not swag for many of the women in our race, but it is for women of other races.
Nah, its the same, unless you are talking about immigrants who have low numbers here or don't assimilate.

If what you say is true, the places they come from would be heaven, but its far from that.

A lot of black women love an intelligent man, but they aren't the ones to catch your eye as quickly as the chicks who want the fast life. Those women love an intelligent man as long as he stays in his place by not telling them what to do, how to spend their money, and just give her the good life. I can admit I fell for these women, and ignored the regular chicks who would appreciate me, but its hard when the chick just wants to look regular, and I love that girly girl look. The shyt was my fault, I can admit it. Now, i'm looking for regualr chicks who can look good, but know when to chill with the shyt.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Man I'm sorry, but this "She held me down" excuse is just ANOTHER way of perpetuating a stereotype that Black men don't see Black women as viable life partners.

NO woman can hold a black man down like a BLACK woman. I believe this with EVERY fiber of my being.

Mike you did good work on Luke Cage, but you and the rest of the cornball brother brigade (RG3, Daymond John, Tiger Woods, Taye Diggs) can take that white devil loving bullshyt the fukk up outta here. When those women's uncles, brothers, and fathers are hunting down your nephews and brothers and murdering them in the street then remember just how well your being "held" down....