‘Luke Cage’ Actor Michael Colter Responds to Fans Criticizing Him for Marrying a White Woman

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ain't no way that fine muthafukka had problems dating black women :mjlol:

Y'all dusty nikkas swear any nikka that's not rich ha a hard time with black women. Nah just ur ugly ass. nikkas ain't got no social skills, short as fukk, ugly, cheap, can't fukk then wonder why they struggle with the most innovative magical race of women on earth.

an actual prostitute.:scust:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yup. People never really move on from superheroes and imaginary friends and all that. As our understanding of the world becomes more sophisticated so the tools we use to understand it. Celebrities are just the adult medium through which we understand the world and channel our emotions. Nothing is viewed on a surface level, everyone brings their baggage. When people say a show or song or album "resonated" with them, it means it helped them understand the world, reinforced their beliefs about society or communicated an emotion or reality that they believe should be told.

People harp on the "strong black couple" because they want that public image to combat the negative imagery. They want the black man with the black women to combat their own feelings of insecurity and to demonstrate to the world the beauty of that partnership. It's not about Colter, it's about what he represents. But he shouldn't be expected to shoulder that, but that will happen as long as we remain wedded to the idea of "celebrity" as "idols." It's far too profitable to change. Stars help sell products, etc. We have an entire industry based on celebrity and pop culture. I don't see it changing.

Real talk, and no, it will never change, at least not substantially anyway. Not in our lifetimes although this melting pot has surprised our older relatives and might surprise us in our grey haired years. Still, this election goes along with your point in how one candidate resonated with groups of people who can never remotely understand what its like to walk in his shoes no matter how much he tickles their ears. Same with his rival who feigns empathy with those of lesser stature temporarily to gain their vote and she'll do the same four years from now. What both candidates do is, reinforce the beliefs of those most likely to support them, and what is being sold can be likened to that "superhero" you spoke on, in this case to represent for them in D.C.. A nation divided with multiple visions of whats best for America, and two candidates utilizing modern day social media to reinforce and assure people of one or two variations of popular leanings. Is it any surprise that one candidate reinvented his image through "reality" TV?

Many people really don't even have their own views when you think about it. They have "leanings" that a charismatic pundit or leader need only to gently nudge in this or that direction. To me that's what makes it so beautiful when you see someone step out of their comfort zone and engage themselves with views and beliefs that don't coincide with their own norms. That said, I don't know if IR is for me as of late, but in the grand scheme of things I don't gain or lose anything from Michael Colter's love life. Nor do I gain or lose anything worrying about what a Coli nikka thinks about me.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
I hate that I'm agreeing with this.

But let's be real.

Aforementioned black women are more than likely wary of said black man because they've been done dirty by black men in the past.

It's less "Black men ain't shyt" and more "My guard is up" than you're saying.

Once black man turns out to be of quality (which they weren't going to uncover on their own due to their guard being up), hatred is the only response left. They're more angry at their judgment than they are that a brother they don't know married a white woman that they don't know.

To be succinct, this happens to everyone.

Good points, breh.

Black women need their fathers in the home to help guide them when selecting men.

Black women are generally horrible at selecting mates. Probably the worst at it of all women.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have a friend who is a, huge geek, 33, virgin makes about 75k a year who has never had a black woman interested in him romantically until not to long ago. He was over weight but now he's about 190 and in shape, and he's never had a black woman interested in him romantically long term until like 4 years ago.

He loves black women, I worked with him for like a year, I watched him interact with all people. I watched a white woman get close and ask him out. I watched him ask a black woman out, before that happen. She and the click had no interest in him which is fine. Every black woman doesn't have to like every black male. But after word out that he was going out with the white woman from HR and got a promotion all of a sudden he started catching shade. I literally watch this happen and discussed it with him..

I got another job shortly after and he transferred so it never played out completely.

I also have my own work and random experiences with this.

I dont know why black women act like black men make this up.

Its where alot of self hate and hate for black women come from with black males that aren't really "trendy" or "cool" and it doesn't really go away until like you hit your late 20's. Or they get with these white/asian or whatever chicks and then spew hate to other young black males and females. :smh:

When did he say that?

I'm not sure to be completely honest, I saw it quoted somewhere either here or on FB.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Those internalized conflictions are often at the hands of black people and chiefly black women. I seen it.
tumblrkpsk82kzxm1qzggl7.png

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Us PAWG life members out here underappreciated ..fighting this war against cacs by fukkibg they daughters. :wow:

IS THAT NOT ENOUGH?! :bryan:
damn right.

Fear of the Black Man's dikk. We getting them reparations, thats why them cops keep shooting

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I have a friend who is a, huge geek, 33, virgin makes about 75k a year who has never had a black woman interested in him romantically until not to long ago. He was over weight but now he's about 190 and in shape, and he's never had a black woman interested in him romantically long term until like 4 years ago.

He loves black women, I worked with him for like a year, I watched him interact with all people. I watched a white woman get close and ask him out. I watched him ask a black woman out, before that happen. She and the click had no interest in him which is fine. Every black woman doesn't have to like every black male. But after word out that he was going out with the white woman from HR and got a promotion all of a sudden he started catching shade. I literally watch this happen and discussed it with him..

I got another job shortly after and he transferred so it never played out completely.

Its where alot of self hate and hate for black women come from with black males that aren't really "trendy" or "cool" and it doesn't really go away until like you hit your late 20's. Or they get with these white/asian or whatever chicks and then spew hate to other young black males and females. :smh:

It's real.

Black women like to play stupid. They know a lot of these nikkas were invisible to them until they got some fame or a non-Black woman.

IWunD3r

Superstar
Daps
That's how it always works.

A lot of Black men are invisible to Black women until they blow up.

this right here is factuals...
Ain't no way that fine muthafukka had problems dating black women :mjlol:

Y'all dusty nikkas swear any nikka that's not rich ha a hard time with black women. Nah just ur ugly ass. nikkas ain't got no social skills, short as fukk, ugly, cheap, can't fukk then wonder why they struggle with the most innovative magical race of women on earth.
you forgot the part where he was a struggling grad student. most women ain't checking for that. especially college educated blk women..
his now wife did...

no different then when Omari Hardwick was a struggling actor living out his car, his now wife was riding with him tho ....
but all ppl can see is race...

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
you forgot the part where he was a struggling grad student. most women ain't checking for that. especially college educated blk women..
his now wife did...

no different then when Omari Hardwick was a struggling actor living out his car, his now wife was riding with him tho ....
but all ppl can see is race...

I was happy to see when Omari defended his wife.

A man should never have to apologize or comment for his choice when his woman has held him down for years.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm not sure to be completely honest, I saw it quoted somewhere either here or on FB.

I don't even think you realize that you gave evidence against your point. Why did he go to a white woman once he lost the weight and became more attractive? They obviously were not beating down his door when he was fat either, thus why he was 33 years old and a virgin when I'm sure it wasn't by choice. But once he lost the weight, it was immediately white woman time? And you think people are wrong for questioning that :heh:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
It's real.

Black women like to play stupid. They know a lot of these nikkas were invisible to them until they got some fame or a non-Black woman.
:heh: heck, not even fame and fortune, just be over 30 and have your act together.

I don't care what anyone says, and I've told this story multiple times...but when I was in undergrad and grad school, I swear on a stack of Qurans that the black male computer science/pharmacy/math/econ/engineering/business majors were pretty much on their own on Saturday night....while I literally saw the black women on campus (both scholars and hoodrats) bringing men from the hood a few miles away onto the campus to be with.

When I was in HS, there were two BM from a class that graduated after me who went onto Princeton...I knew them both while they were in HS, and neither one of them dudes attracted BW at all...needless to say when I check up with them on FB, I see one of them works for NASA and has a Asian wife...the other is an orthepdic surgeon married to a white woman.

I don't judge them, because I understand why after seeing it for what it was

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's how it always works.

A lot of Black men are invisible to Black women until they blow up.
Come on man, most black women are getting with black men. There is, and will always, be "black love". If a few marry out, so. Maybe they are made for them, its life. Black people aren't going anywhere.

I think people just want attention, and mad for no reason. Now, if this was Brazil, and people did everything to not be black, then i would understand, but its not, so lets stop exaggerating things.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I just got a friend request from another one. I'll add her another time. She's not quality and likely innocent but i don't put anything pass a woman.