‘Luke Cage’ Actor Michael Colter Responds to Fans Criticizing Him for Marrying a White Woman

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I agree with you, especially with the advancements of modern day media where every aspect of a celebrity's life is dissected and analysed. After that the usual suspects that divide people will become manifest. i. e. race, gender, politics, religion, etc..
Yup. People never really move on from superheroes and imaginary friends and all that. As our understanding of the world becomes more sophisticated so the tools we use to understand it. Celebrities are just the adult medium through which we understand the world and channel our emotions. Nothing is viewed on a surface level, everyone brings their baggage. When people say a show or song or album "resonated" with them, it means it helped them understand the world, reinforced their beliefs about society or communicated an emotion or reality that they believe should be told.

People harp on the "strong black couple" because they want that public image to combat the negative imagery. They want the black man with the black women to combat their own feelings of insecurity and to demonstrate to the world the beauty of that partnership. It's not about Colter, it's about what he represents. But he shouldn't be expected to shoulder that, but that will happen as long as we remain wedded to the idea of "celebrity" as "idols." It's far too profitable to change. Stars help sell products, etc. We have an entire industry based on celebrity and pop culture. I don't see it changing.

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
Y'all invest WAY to many emotions into who people date or marry on here :dame:
Hating on a person routinely on here for nothing more than the color of their skin.
You're no better than them KKK crackers, only difference is you preach it individually on here.
Congrats on the hypocrisy :scust:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oneday white people will stop pretending like cops don't target black people

One day black men will stop acting like they aren't turning women into hyper sensitive self conscious dolls with there behavior.

And one day black women will stop acting like they don't dismiss non hyper masculine looking or acting males easier than other black males.

Until then we can point fingers at each other.

Last edited:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Nope. Those same grad school chicks are checkin' for Dante, the club promoter, when grad school breh is struggling to get by.

Once grad school breh finally makes it, then she wants to get on.

Then, she wants to call him a c00n for entertaining the women who show him love!

It's as if these women want Black men to put their lives on pause and be readily available when they are ready to have their storybook wedding and house with a picket fence!

OMFG at this post. :deadmanny:

Breh is 6' 3" and looks the way he looks :no homo:

He went to Rutgers, I am assuming in Newark or New Brunswick, he was eating just fine, if he wanted a black woman, he could have got one, trust.

He is living the average coli nikka dream though. :sas2:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Just think, she has a PhD and could've married some rich redneck right and her kid could've came out hating Blacks, silver spoon handed down to him looking down on us nikkas,

But nope, her kid gonna come out like Drake, Obama, Mariah or whatever. He saved us some trouble by dilluting the overseer's bloodstream. Reparations nikka.
Us PAWG life members out here underappreciated ..fighting this war against cacs by fukkibg they daughters. :wow:

IS THAT NOT ENOUGH?! :bryan:

thoushallhustle

All Star
Daps
Ain't no way that fine muthafukka had problems dating black women :mjlol:

Y'all dusty nikkas swear any nikka that's not rich ha a hard time with black women. Nah just ur ugly ass. nikkas ain't got no social skills, short as fukk, ugly, cheap, can't fukk then wonder why they struggle with the most innovative magical race of women on earth.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
DevinBooker_MA3.jpg

When the only black people around look like this remember this thread.

fukk this bedbuck. Imma still watch the show

That sh*t looks freaky no lie :huhldup: :russ:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Even though he claims he loves his wife for the goodness of her character and her support and while that may just be the case, real life has taught me that 9 times out of 10 the black people who marry out do so because of long internalized feelings of self hate and white worship. I hope him and his family the best but knowing this he definitely looking funny in the light. And I find it funny how the character he portrays has been marketed as the paragon of the black communities struggles and values when he's on some :mjpls: shyt too

I 100% agree but it sounds like she supported him financially :yeshrug: If she blowin' you and payin' your bills you kind of are supposed to wife that :francis: With all that said, there's nothing she did that black women don't do on a regular basis. A high percentage (if not the majority) of black households have women as the primary breadwinner. And there are PLENTY of black women in positions of power in the media. The issue is all hell would break loose if he said he preferred white so what's a nikka to say? "Don't pay me no mind, I love my sistas" :mjpls:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Ain't no way that fine muthafukka had problems dating black women :mjlol:

Y'all dusty nikkas swear any nikka that's not rich ha a hard time with black women. Nah just ur ugly ass. nikkas ain't got no social skills, short as fukk, ugly, cheap, can't fukk then wonder why they struggle with the most innovative magical race of women on earth.

Of all races of women black women are the most "soulful" when it comes to their relationships. By that I mean that they just want to connect and feel good with you, they are simple in that way. So yes if you have a hard time with black women you really suck as an individual, because nothing other than your bank accounts makes them feel good being around you :francis:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So people think this dude got on the radio made up that black women wasn't really check for him?

I find that really hard to believe, don't know the reason's why they weren't maybe he didn't look like he does now at the time, maybe he.....just wasn't grabbing there attention.

But as far as not them not checking for him why would he lie about that?

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So people think this dude got on the radio made up that black women wasn't really check for him?

I find that really hard to believe, don't know the reason's why they weren't maybe he didn't look like he does now at the time, maybe he.....just wasn't grabbing there attention.

But as far as not them not checking for him why would he lie about that?

When did he say that?