Lucas trolled the world by selling Star Wars

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
it's been like 30 years and you SW fans are still like "Bu...but the original trilogy"

Might be time to move on

Ya'll keep paying for bad movies

This. Seems these movies are bad and everyone knows they're bad, yet because of nostalgia or the desire for them to be great, people keep holding out hope. Star Wars seems like it should be vast in scope, yet it's told in such a small way, intimate way, at least character wise.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Whatever he would’ve made would be worse than Disney :scust:

I very much doubt that considering they are his character and he knows how to handle them. The last Jedi b*stardised Luke Skywalker, even for the prequels Lucas should have had assistance writing the script and putting the screenplay together. The prequels should have been darker than they was and Anakins downfall should have played like Macbeth downfall epic and poetic in scope.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I very much doubt that considering they are his character and he knows how to handle them. The last Jedi b*stardised Luke Skywalker, even for the prequels Lucas should have had assistance writing the script and putting the screenplay together. The prequels should have been darker than they was and Anakins downfall should have played like Macbeth downfall epic and poetic in scope.

Last Jedi wasn’t great but I’d still take it over those prequels. Lucas can’t write for shyt so maybe if someone else wrote for him and he just oversaw it..just still don’t trust him.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2018/06/04/disney-recoups-a-quarter-of-star-wars-purchase-price/

Disney Recoups A Quarter Of Star Wars Purchase Price

Movie budgets are usually kept a closely guarded secret as the studios tend to absorb the cost of individual pictures as part of their overall expenses so they don’t have to reveal how much they spent on each one. However, Solo was made in Britain where the costs of movies are consolidated in single companies that have to file publicly available financial statements.

As we have reported, Disney’s Star Wars movies have all been shot in Britain and, according to their latest financial statements, a total of $1.3 billion (£1 billion) has been spent on making them.

This cost is far outweighed by the ticket sales of Disney's Star Wars movies. According to industry analyst Box Office Mojo they have grossed $4.7 billion worldwide including the $264.2 million made by Solo since its release on 24 May.

Studios typically get around half of the takings so Disney has already recouped at least a quarter of the purchase price of Lucasfilm from the movie profits alone. That’s without even including revenue from the home release or merchandise sales though it is also understood to exclude marketing and publicity costs which are expensed by Disney itself.

I don't know what the fans think since i'm not a fan of this franchise, but it does seem like a good deal for both sides (Lucas and mouse) from a business perspective.

The deal happened in 2012? And so it's taken Disney about 6 years to recoup 1/4th of the amount. But since Disney is a corporation that will likely be around for decades, even if they have to pimp the franchise for another 15+ years before they fully recoup.. it'll eventually turn into a profit for them for decades to come. Unless they, i guess, fukk it all up with terrible decisions.

Conversely, Lucas is 74 yrs old and probably wasn't gonna live long enough or want to grind for another 15-18 years to try and make the 4 billion he got spotted to hand over the keys.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
A few years before selling, Lucas was saying stuff that was implying that he was ready to finish his story. However, between the fan backlash and his age, he was saying stuff like he would be too old to finish it. That's why KK and the rest of his people were kept on. He wanted them to finish his story. He left them with an outline - the blueprints, everything. All they needed was to make a script out of it and at least finish the Skywalker tale.

You can tell that he's aching inside, whenever he sees a new movie. Hell, Hamil practically spoke for him. They've butchered his baby, and have failed to create any interesting new characters. And for the record, he donated that $4B.

Daps
Reppin
My Set
Some things you gotta let go and this is one of them

Star wars
Star trek
Dbz (I haven seen super and honestly don't care to, had to let it go)
Transformers
TMNT

Basically everything they keep milking we need to let go of or else they're gonna keep milking the shyt.