Lucas trolled the world by selling Star Wars

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They didnt fukk anything up.

Rogue One, Force Awakens and Last Jedi are all objectively much better films than the prequels. Anyone trying to argue differently is a contrarian fanboy caught up in the moment or alt right troll faq. Irrelevant.
:yeshrug:i prefer the Prequel era story, characters, settings, and lore over what we seen in Force Awakens and The Last Jedi (this one had some connective tissue with the Prequel era. Might be why I liked it). I also like the PT ties in Rogue One and Solo.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
They didnt fukk anything up.

Rogue One, Force Awakens and Last Jedi are all objectively much better films than the prequels. Anyone trying to argue differently is a contrarian fanboy caught up in the moment or alt right troll faq. Irrelevant.

If you're talking technical stuff then perhaps

But why don't I care

at all

What's going to happen next?

I snuck into Solo the other day and the theater was empty. 5:15 show on a Sunday

I just left Rampage, which had like 30 people in there

Think about that

I left cause I couldn't bluff my way out of it if they came in there knowing they hadn't sold one ticket, right?

And I wasn't even bummed out. I was kinda glad cause I had some other shyt to do anyway

I say all that to say: the new crew is boring as shyt. If they all die in ep 9 it will be just like Rogue One. Oh well

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2018/06/04/disney-recoups-a-quarter-of-star-wars-purchase-price/

I don't know what the fans think since i'm not a fan of this franchise, but it does seem like a good deal for both sides (Lucas and mouse) from a business perspective.

The deal happened in 2012? And so it's taken Disney about 6 years to recoup 1/4th of the amount. But since Disney is a corporation that will likely be around for decades, even if they have to pimp the franchise for another 15+ years before they fully recoup.. it'll eventually turn into a profit for them for decades to come. Unless they, i guess, fukk it all up with terrible decisions.

Conversely, Lucas is 74 yrs old and probably wasn't gonna live long enough or want to grind for another 15-18 years to try and make the 4 billion he got spotted to hand over the keys.
:ohhh:

Thats prolly why these movies suck

They want to rush them out to market as soon as possible to recoup them losses.

Quality movies and scripts take more time i guess and disney doesnt have that kind of time until they back in the black maybe?:yeshrug:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:ohhh:

Thats prolly why these movies suck

They want to rush them out to market as soon as possible to recoup them losses.

Quality movies and scripts take more time i guess and disney doesnt have that kind of time until they back in the black maybe?:yeshrug:

Yup. This thing they were doing with the episodic movies every other year and the one-offs in-between, to me it came across like "well shyt, we ain't paid 4 billion just to have this muthafukka sit around and look pretty!"

If Solo had worked out, i bet they would've took that as a sign to start dabbling in the MCU method of 1 movie every 3-6 months, since Solo was like 5 months after Last Jedi.

I think that will still be their end goal (2+ movies a year) but this probably made them fall back and rethink their strategy on how to get there.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I never understood this at ALL:mindblown:. The Matrix Trilogy in my opinion shyts on everything Star Wars brought to cinema. The fact that it taps in the thought process of what's real and what's fake. I wish the series would have gone deeper into spin offs and etc beyond the Animatrix stuff:francis:. \

:mjlol: you sound like those "Firefly is better than Star Wars" haters

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
He was done. Dude was bitter as f*ck during the experience.

Fans sh*tted on him for the Prequels and the Ewoks in Jedi. :mjlol:

George was all :ooh: about Jar-Jar until Phantom Menace dropped.

Fans: :scust:

George: :mjcry:

Attack of the Clones was the same sh*t. Yoda's first light-saber battle couldn't save George from the the hate.

Revenge of the Sith was pretty good, but the fans still gave him grief.

Then he remastered, altered the original movies to fit more with the Prequels. :mjgrin:

Fans: :pacspit:

George: :beli:

George couldn't win. Disney offered 4 billi and George was glad to take that sh*t off his hands. :hubie:

Then after selling it and he was trying offer input as a consultant..

Disney wasn't haven't that sh*t and told him to kick rocks. :camby:

It is really a shame though. Dude put his heart,soul and money into this franchise. Dude damn near died from stress just making A New Hope. :picard:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
He was done. Dude was bitter as f*ck during the experience.

Fans sh*tted on him for the Prequels and the Ewoks in Jedi. :mjlol:

George was all :ooh: about Jar-Jar until Phantom Menace dropped.

Fans: :scust:

George: :mjcry:

Attack of the Clones was the same sh*t. Yoda's first light-saber battle couldn't save George from the the hate.

Revenge of the Sith was pretty good, but the fans still gave him grief.

Then he remastered, altered the original movies to fit more with the Prequels. :mjgrin:

Fans: :pacspit:

George: :beli:

George couldn't win. Disney offered 4 billi and George was glad to take that sh*t off his hands. :hubie:

Then after selling it and he was trying offer input as a consultant..

Disney wasn't haven't that sh*t and told him to kick rocks. :camby:

It is really a shame though. Dude put his heart,soul and money into this franchise. Dude damn near died from stress just making A New Hope. :picard:

But most of the BS from the remastered versions were some of his original ideas. A lot of it wasn't but, thankfully budgetary reasons prohibited it...and reeled him in.

I'm still upset that he let backlash deter him from his OG Jar Jar subplot. He went from "every body's gonna love this new character Jar Jar" "watch out for Jar Jar" "Jar Jar is the key. I have huge plans for him" to drastically reducing Jar Jar to hardly mentioned at all.

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
But most of the BS from the remastered versions were some of his original ideas. A lot of it wasn't but, thankfully budgetary reasons prohibited it...and reeled him in.

I'm still upset that he let backlash deter him from his OG Jar Jar subplot. He went from "every body's gonna love this new character Jar Jar" "watch out for Jar Jar" "Jar Jar is the key. I have huge plans for him" to drastically reducing Jar Jar to hardly mentioned at all.

Wasn't that big of a deal really, but the fans did not like it at all. They were livid.

You liked Jar Jar? He was horrible. Unnecessary, unfunny, just bad.

At least George listened to the fans on that one. :yeshrug:

Unlike the current Disney regime. :skip:

Attack of the Clones was still flawed, but at least no Jar Jar.

Revenge of the Sith was on point though.