Low-key...Miami sucks and is overrated

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'd take it a step further and say that the actual city of Miami is underrated, while Miami Beach is overrated. People underrate the ACTUAL Miami, because the notion that the "REAL" Miami is like some slummed out Rick Ross video. I've been hearing folks say the same ole' "South Beach is just a facade, the REAL Miami is dirty, poor and ugly".

While that does have SOME validity to it, they make it seem like Outside of Miami Beach, Dade County has nothing to offer. When in reality, the actual city of Miami is filled with cultural institutions, museums, galleries, urban neighborhoods that AREN'T just infested with Fiends and Flakka heads. Hell, even Little Haiti and it's reputation for being poor is overstated. Lil Haiti has a lovely Haitian-History museum and other cultural institutions. Overtown has the Lyric Theater, Little Havana is covered in History, Coconut Grove is one of the more unique and historic neighborhoods in the US, Coral Gables is something out of a canvas, Allapatah gives you Dominican culture undiluted, and Wynwood, Design District, Irondistrict, and Edgewater are filled with artist and creatives and all that crap. Downtown has the Perez Arts Museum, the Frost Science Museum and other cultural institutions.

As much as people Build up and hype up Miami, I think Miami's actual city-limits are underrated as far as finding things to do and as far as interesting neighborhoods go. And then the surrounding burbs in Dade County all have their own unique corridors..North Miami has the Modern Art Museum in it's downtown corridor, right next to the Haitian club.
Rate a city because of museums brehs

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I hate it here :mjcry: the black guys here are -10/10s, never had a boyfriend. Getting out of here when I transfer from CC
You're most likely a -10. Miami is extremely superficial. So if you are fat and have weave, you are not going to attract guys that have better options than that. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
palin-shake.gif
That's what you Bama's do in your spare time? :ohhh:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I'm going to keep it real. I want to live in Miami but I feel like that city would eat me alive lol! Man I ain't trying to be assed out living off I-96 or some shyt. I went through there once to get on a criuse and it looked pretty awesome! I got a couple friends that work for channel 10 and channel 7 in Miami and I was thinking about trying to get on over at one of them joints. I'm so scared though bruhs.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I'm going to keep it real. I want to live in Miami but I feel like that city would eat me alive lol! Man I ain't trying to be assed out living off I-96 or some shyt. I went through there once to get on a criuse and it looked pretty awesome! I got a couple friends that work for channel 10 and channel 7 in Miami and I was thinking about trying to get on over at one of them joints. I'm so scared though bruhs.
STFU cac!